Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 06:53 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,896,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
The trainwreck rolls on. The latest report is that after the next 8 episodes (which I WILL NOT watch) Jon - being the hot commodity (translated - mess) he is - will be getting his own show.
http://dlisted.com/node/33116
This is my fault in part - when Survivor was among the first reality shows - i watched and became hooked on reality tv. Reality shows have ruined us - its disgusting and these people need to go away - yesterday!
Wow. No wonder he got that apartment in New York: he knew the money train would be continuing.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:54 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
so true---she is the only sensible adult these poor kids have!
oh, so eating outside to keep the mess outside makes her parent of the year now? It isn't that big of a deal.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:57 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Ah, but see, that's the difference between the Gosselins and the rest of us. If for some reason, I had the paparazzi following me, I would do as much as I could to stay out of their way. I would also stop doing whatever it was that attracted them to me in the first place.

I always find it annoying when celebrities (and wanna be celebrities) do everything they can to become famous and enjoy the perks (ie "freebies") of their celebrity then complain when they actually get the attention they've been craving and act like the paparazzi are villains. YES, I don't agree when they surround someone's car and actually become hazardous to innocent bystanders. But there are PLENTY of celebrities (Julia Roberts is one who was HUGE and has fallen out of the endless pages of Hollywood gossip) who manage to do the work they love (acting, singing, etc) and not go to the hot spots where they will be photographed.

I will bet good money that Kate and Jon have celebrity handlers who call in tips telling the paparazzi where they'll be. Do you honestly think they didn't know in advance that Jon was heading to the Riviera or that Kate would be in a bikini on that particular beach? If they enjoy the perks of celebrity (while not actually doing anything to make them worthy of it), then they get to "enjoy" the negatives. Neither one of them is in it for the kids. Kate seems to believe that if she says "I do everything for the kids" enough times, it may actually be true. Perhaps someone should tell her that heading incessantly to the tanning booth is a surefire way to get melanoma and surely dying of skin cancer isn't "for the kids." I can't wait for the kids to write "tell all" books and do the talk show circuit. Now that I would actually watch.
I don't know about handlers, or tips, or whatever, but I think people should be able to go about their lives on their own property without photos being taken w/o their permission.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
The trainwreck rolls on. The latest report is that after the next 8 episodes (which I WILL NOT watch) Jon - being the hot commodity (translated - mess) he is - will be getting his own show.
http://dlisted.com/node/33116
This is my fault in part - when Survivor was among the first reality shows - i watched and became hooked on reality tv. Reality shows have ruined us - its disgusting and these people need to go away - yesterday!
.....What's interesting, some TRAINED actors have had no luck lunching solo careers after successful group shows (Joey's show after Friends didn't fly), - yet a nobody just might succeed with his own show, doing nothing (no training, no decades of auditioning) but going about his life. His rotten life keeps feeding him and makes him a millionaire... I do hope his show will drive into the ground... After the initial curiosity, how much of his hitting on young girls and rubbing elbows with high and mighty, can one stand?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:12 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
oh, so eating outside to keep the mess outside makes her parent of the year now? It isn't that big of a deal.
what? where did i say that?what does that statement mean in relation to her being a consistent parent--am not following u

Old 07-25-2009, 09:16 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
And what's sad is that she admitted on television that her kids call her by the babysitter's name. Not exactly what I would call a "consistent" parent. Both of them have totally lost touch with their children. If their kids are living in a house where the "consistent" parent is the one who is gone only 5 days a week instead of all 7, that is beyond pathetic. I have no problems with parents who work (I myself worked full time until my oldest was 4), but not once, in all the daycare/babysitters/trips to relatives homes, did my child ever mistake me for someone else. She knew who her mother was and I worked hard to make sure she received as much attention as was humanly possible. Kate seems to be "making time" for the kids when she's not off self-promoting. Jon...well, he's a waste of fresh air.
she is away making money---i still feel she will be the CONSISTENT PARENT in their life----mr sperm donor is too busy in nyc trying to get his grove back(he probably never had one)

Old 07-25-2009, 09:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
she is away making money---i still feel she will be the CONSISTENT PARENT in their life----mr sperm donor is too busy in nyc trying to get his grove back(he probably never had one)

Sounds like a real fair and balanced assessment.........

Old 07-25-2009, 09:20 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,168,808 times
I think it's just flat out odd to eat outdoors all the dang time.
Who the hell has kids and doesn't expect there will be messes to clean up?
OCD people need to either not have kids or learn to deal with the OCD and not have it affect the children.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:21 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,168,808 times
what's a grove and how do you get it back??

Quote:

Old 07-25-2009, 09:33 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,281,522 times
So this totally changes the subject but since Jon is gone now, how long will Kate keep the dogs around? Especially since anytime the dogs do anything bad she yells for Jon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.