Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,287,004 times

Advertisements

I saw a preview for the next show in Aug last night and Kate is building a tent for the kids, maybe she will losen up and enjoy her kids. She said all these things she has never had to do she is going to do. I will have to watch that one to see what she does and how she is with the kids.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:24 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,505,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I saw a preview for the next show in Aug last night and Kate is building a tent for the kids, maybe she will losen up and enjoy her kids. She said all these things she has never had to do she is going to do. I will have to watch that one to see what she does and how she is with the kids.
I always thought that Kate could/would do anything she needed to do.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:03 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Did you also have Kate pegged from the beginning to turn into a money hungry, verbally abusive woman ? She quit a normal job of being a nurse to stay home with her kids at the beginning. Who would have guessed that she would decide to travel around the country to be a celebrity and leave her children with this "cretin" as you call Jon.

People were only "defending him" as you put it before he started regressing into his 20's. Anyone who sits there and says that Kate isn't just as guilty of causing that marriage to break up is mistaken, unless you feel that emotionally and verbally abusing someone on television is ok.

Both of them agreed to exploit their family on televsion, and when the money started rolling in, they both changed for the worse. Neither of them made a good decision in regards to their children's privacy or safety. Both of them have enjoyed the perks of being reality stars. I am a strong believer in what goes around comes around, and feel that this whole mess they are going through is a result of their bad decisions. Sadly, it's their kids that are paying the consequences.
Bravo...well said. They are both so different than they were on that first episode. Becoming a celebrity when you don't have any true talent is the fastest way to turn yourself into someone else. Jon is going to do a clothing line? From what experience...his time at the Gap? Gimme a break. Kate is writing books that people want to read about? What insight could she possibly have that would convince me to spend $20 on a book? How to make your husband feel like crap every day? How to raise your kids with an army of help? How to get free tummy tucks/vacations/hair plugs/trips to the circus?

The only thing they've done successfully is ruin their marriage and exploit their children to make a profit. Their kids are well on their way to being screwed up, just like nearly every kid who is in the spotlight. Jon (who I admittedly defended) has become a well-deserved laughingstock and Kate is working the PR thing...acting like a victim, trying to be a good mom while playing outside in full view of the cameras. Her comments about how they love to have picnics was hilarious. I've watched this show from the beginning and they never had picnics before. Eating on a playschool table in the driveway is not a picnic. She must be being coached by Kevin Federline's PR people because even though he was an idiot, he came out as "super dad" compared to Brittney. Kate is nothing more than a PR machine, talking about how she doesn't want to do this alone (she's not...judging by the army of help she had just setting up the kids' birthday party) and how she sobs uncontrollably all of the time. Of course, that hasn't stopped her from heading to the tanning booth, getting new clothes from her personal shoppers and making sure that "family time" is done in full view of the paparazzi (while talking about how much she hates them).

Old 07-21-2009, 05:38 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,339,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post

we'll see what she wants us to see. I still can't believe they are continuing with the show.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:43 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,359,070 times
Kate is hot , but she's a control freak . She loves the money and the celebrity status . She better enjoy it while she can .

Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Kate is writing books that people want to read about? What insight could she possibly have that would convince me to spend $20 on a book?
I agree. Who would spend money on a book by her, when she has had so many people help her raise those kids, clean the house, take them on trips, etc. If she and Jon had done this on their own with occasional babysitting by a friend or family member, then I'd give her credit for it. I think that was the original concept of the program at the beginning. There was that WOW factor of a young couple having 8 kids, with newborn sextuplets to raise on a modest family income.

Quote:
Her comments about how they love to have picnics was hilarious. I've watched this show from the beginning and they never had picnics before. Eating on a playschool table in the driveway is not a picnic.
Not sure if you're talking about them doing these things at the beginning, or if this was recent, (I didn't see the 4th of July episode) but I found those types of things she did the first few seasons endearing. Kate was more a loving mom at that time.
Quote:
Kate is nothing more than a PR machine, talking about how she doesn't want to do this alone (she's not...judging by the army of help she had just setting up the kids' birthday party) and how she sobs uncontrollably all of the time. Of course, that hasn't stopped her from heading to the tanning booth, getting new clothes from her personal shoppers and making sure that "family time" is done in full view of the paparazzi (while talking about how much she hates them).
I agree with you. Don't forget wearing bikinis in full view when she knew the paparazzi was out in groves taking her picture, the tattoo she has on her ankle, the short skirts and cleavage revealing tops. People are making fun of Jon for his changes, but she is just as bad.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:42 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,538,061 times
I love how Kate mentions things she wants (items) or places she wants to go and things she wants her kids to do...then three or four episodes later there they all are doing or getting what she asked for all a long. It's amazing. Yes, nothing but a public endorsement person with her 8 little followers. It's said to say this but Maddy will be exactly like her doing whatever it takes to get what she wants. And those tantrums that little girl has WOW I have only watched one episode this season (the first one) since then I just hear the media (which is not a loyal source) and read the mags at the check out in the grocery store while waiting in long lines.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
That is one harsh looking 22 year old! Holy Smokes! Can you imagine what she is going to look like in 10 years? No way would I have guessed she was only 22.
Or after 8 kids?

Old 07-22-2009, 09:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Bravo...well said. They are both so different than they were on that first episode. Becoming a celebrity when you don't have any true talent is the fastest way to turn yourself into someone else. Jon is going to do a clothing line? From what experience...his time at the Gap? Gimme a break. Kate is writing books that people want to read about? What insight could she possibly have that would convince me to spend $20 on a book? How to make your husband feel like crap every day? How to raise your kids with an army of help? How to get free tummy tucks/vacations/hair plugs/trips to the circus?

The only thing they've done successfully is ruin their marriage and exploit their children to make a profit. Their kids are well on their way to being screwed up, just like nearly every kid who is in the spotlight. Jon (who I admittedly defended) has become a well-deserved laughingstock and Kate is working the PR thing...acting like a victim, trying to be a good mom while playing outside in full view of the cameras. Her comments about how they love to have picnics was hilarious. I've watched this show from the beginning and they never had picnics before. Eating on a playschool table in the driveway is not a picnic. She must be being coached by Kevin Federline's PR people because even though he was an idiot, he came out as "super dad" compared to Brittney. Kate is nothing more than a PR machine, talking about how she doesn't want to do this alone (she's not...judging by the army of help she had just setting up the kids' birthday party) and how she sobs uncontrollably all of the time. Of course, that hasn't stopped her from heading to the tanning booth, getting new clothes from her personal shoppers and making sure that "family time" is done in full view of the paparazzi (while talking about how much she hates them).

Great post. Both of these "parents" are showing their true mercenary, greedy character every time they make an appearance or do an interview for People or another one of those scandal sheets. I see eight little Michael Jacksons in the very near future.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:45 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Not sure if you're talking about them doing these things at the beginning, or if this was recent, (I didn't see the 4th of July episode) but I found those types of things she did the first few seasons endearing. Kate was more a loving mom at that time.
No, on the last episode when they announced they were getting a divorce, Kate set up a little picnic for the kids in the FRONT yard (meaning in full view of the paparazzi) and said to the cameras how much she loves having picnics with the kids. As someone who watched the show for years (minus last year...just too much like an infomercial for me to enjoy it), I never once saw them have a picnic. They used to put the kids outside on the driveway or in the opened garage during the summers and make them eat outside on the Playschool table, but that is not a picnic. This supposed "tradition" of a picnic was just another ploy to make her look like super mom in front of the cameras. Who has picnics in their front yard? And if you hate the paparazzi so much, why would you do anything that could be considered "camera worthy" for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.