Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
2) that Job cut off communication with Kate which does not give her room to try and fix the issue. She admited that he will not discuss why he's so angry with her and without that communication, there is nothing you can do. Makes me wonder if he would allow it, if she would have fought to fix them. Guess we'll never know.
I can understand why she wants to save the marriage, but I have to wonder if he's been trying to communicate with her all along and she wasn't trying to listen. And if she doesn't understand why he's angry, she needs to go back and watch all the episodes of her show from the beginning. I don't even watch the show and I know why he's angry. I'm sad to hear they're splitting, but even sadder to know that one wants to save the relationship. I think that means there's hope, but she has to understand he doesn't think she can/will change, so he doesn't feel there's a reason to talk it out right now; she can make all kinds of promises to get him back and not deliver on any of them. She really needs to work on herself and make sure any contact he may allow her to have with him is positive. He has newfound freedom from a nagging, condescending, physical (I've seen clips of her hitting him), berating and belittling wife. While it would be nice if he went back, she needs to understand he needs a little space right now.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
^^I have to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
This marriage is a joke, it would have had a chance MAYBE if they just did the first year and left it at that. It's sad to see what all this message board, media and everything else is doing and going to do to the kids. They didn't ask to be here, to be the talk of the nation, to be publicly perched on national TV. I tell you in about 15 years we are going to hear from these kids about how the media and the life their mother (I don't believe Jon was ok with doing a show in the beginning) threw them into really screwed them up. Each one will have some type of issue, drugs/drinking, seperation anxiety, bipolar and much much more. I totally feel for these kids, how is public TV a normal life for young kids??
I was telling a friend of mine earlier that the kids will probably look back and blame their mom for the divorce.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Wow, such a sad episode. But so many things I think became clear tonight

1) that Jon is clearly the one who wanted out. Kate clearly didn't want to. While she was near tears talking about the separation, he actually admited to being "excited" about this new chapter in his life.

2) that Job cut off communication with Kate which does not give her room to try and fix the issue. She admited that he will not discuss why he's so angry with her and without that communication, there is nothing you can do. Makes me wonder if he would allow it, if she would have fought to fix them. Guess we'll never know.

Also, while the crooked houses were cute, they were so tiny on the inside, I feel like they'll outgrow them in a year or 2.

And where will they be staying with its not that parent's turn? Will each parent have a separate house of their own? That somehow sounds worse thn in a regular divorce. Can you imagine, as a parent having to pack a bag to go to your other home every other week. Yeah, better than shuffling the kids off but damn, that's a lot to deal with.

At some point and time there is no more talking. My ex was a male version of Kate and there was no talking to him and him listening. So to some degree I can sympathize with Jon but I do think he needs to grow up. I think for the sake of the kids they needed to try harder to work it out, but if they handle it correctly the kids will be okay. The saying "too little too late" comes into play here.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:34 PM

Did they bring up attempting marriage counseling?
All that money they're raking in, they could at least attempt to do counseling and say they gave it a shot.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I can understand why she wants to save the marriage, but I have to wonder if he's been trying to communicate with her all along and she wasn't trying to listen. And if she doesn't understand why he's angry, she needs to go back and watch all the episodes of her show from the beginning. I don't even watch the show and I know why he's angry. I'm sad to hear they're splitting, but even sadder to know that one wants to save the relationship. I think that means there's hope, but she has to understand he doesn't think she can/will change, so he doesn't feel there's a reason to talk it out right now; she can make all kinds of promises to get him back and not deliver on any of them. She really needs to work on herself and make sure any contact he may allow her to have with him is positive. He has newfound freedom from a nagging, condescending, physical (I've seen clips of her hitting him), berating and belittling wife. While it would be nice if he went back, she needs to understand he needs a little space right now.
That all may be true.

One one hand, I could totally see Jon bottling up his feelings and refusing to discuss them because on one episode he admitted to not talking about his feelings and how strange it made him feel. Plus the fact that he allowed Kate to run the show so long seems to point to him being unwilling to openly talk to her about things.

But on the other hand, Kate did defend him when the cheating allegations first came out...then changed her mind. I'm not sure why but if he really is innocent (which he could be), her turning on him like that could have pushed him further away. I wouldn't have discussed that with the media. I would have kept my feelings on that within the house.

To have your spouse question you on the public has to be brutal and would set me off. Off the same, so sad.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Did they bring up attempting marriage counseling?
All that money they're raking in, they could at least attempt to do counseling and say they gave it a shot.
Nope! Never once did they say this, which I find so frustrating.

The cheating allegations came out, what less than 2 months ago? The new series started and bam, divorce papers.

They did mention having troubles for the past 7-8 months but it was only a year ago that they renewed their vows.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:40 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I think that they would have filed for divorce sooner if not for the show and the lifestyle it afforded them. He left his mommy's house for a woman who treated him like a child. Then he grew up.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times
Marriage counseling is a JOKE. If a couple cannot work on problems themselves, do you honestly think a stranger can wave a magic wand and fix things? Get real.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Nope! Never once did they say this, which I find so frustrating.

The cheating allegations came out, what less than 2 months ago? The new series started and bam, divorce papers.

They did mention having troubles for the past 7-8 months but it was only a year ago that they renewed their vows.
The renewal of the vows was a publicity stunt but I totally see your point about the allegations coming out 2 months ago and BAM divorce.
What commitment.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Marriage counseling is a JOKE. If a couple cannot work on problems themselves, do you honestly think a stranger can wave a magic wand and fix things? Get real.
Are you serious? If the concept was a joke, then why are there so many successful ones? There are good counselors and bad ones. Good ones can make ALL the difference. It's not about a magic wand, it's about facilitating communication.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.