Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times

Advertisements

This just reaffirms my belief that opposites do not belong together. They may attract at first, but for the long haul, it rarely works. Especially if you don't even share interests. Whether it's sports, or music, the arts - without that commonality you'll probably fail.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:56 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
That goes for both parties.
And when Kate gets caught cheating , unlike Jon who already was (pictures of late night bar partying/trips with the mistress in Utah when he was supposed to be there for his kid) you might have a point.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:57 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times
Thumbs down Please get me a violin

Tell me just what real trials these two have faced?
A spouse or child with a terminal diagnosis?
Real unemployment that might mean you are out on the street?
Please,,,,,,,, sing me another song.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Tell me just what real trials these two have faced?
A spouse or child with a terminal diagnosis?
Real unemployment that might mean you are out on the street?
Please,,,,,,,, sing me another song.
Good point!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
There's just one thing I can say, and this sums up my feeling about who is the one with the problem in that marriage.

Jon refers to the children as "our kids".

Kate refers to them as "my kids."

That tells you all you need to know about her.

She's a self-absorbed b---h. The divorce is her fault.
Yeah, Jon's so innocent. Nice bling-bling in his ears. Talk about a loser.

Kate is about HER kids. Jon is always pawning/ignoring his responsibility TO his children onto Kate...that's why they are "our" kids for him. His fight is with his wife b/c he can't live up to what it takes to be a father of 8. Her fight is for HER KIDS.

He can't possibly function as a responsible father without Kate.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Let there be NO NEXT SEASON!!

The idiots need to stop the madness and get their children out of the spotlight --away from the cameras/paparazzi!! It is disgusting.

This show makes me ill. I feel so bad for the kids....

Jon is immature and Kate is obsessive/compulsive lol.......

Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Let there be NO NEXT SEASON!!

The idiots need to stop the madness and get their children out of the spotlight --away from the cameras/paparazzi!! It is disgusting.

This show makes me ill. I feel so bad for the kids....

Jon is immature and Kate is obsessive/compulsive lol.......
As long as people keep tuning it...there more than likely will be another season.
Revolt with your remote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
While our kids should be important they should not take precedent over the husband/wife relationship and what Jon and Kate said at the end of tonights show made me think in the midst of raising 8 kids in the limelight they forgot about Jon and Kate. I love my kids dearly and would die for any of them but I have to remember my husband in the midst of day to day living and I don't know that either Jon or Kate remembered that. I wondered if I would feel bad for Kate but I didn't, she made a comment about not wanting to be alone and I guess she should have thought about that before berating her husband in public. And he should have put his foot down along time ago, I would assume if you LET someone talk to you like that and never say a word then the other person could assume you don't care. I hope for the sake of the kids they can remain civil and perhaps one day be friends.
For a lot of people, when you have kids, they come first. Always. Doesn't mean a date night can't happen, or you can't make time to go away sans kids, but give me a break already.

I have no tolerance for the "what about me?" BS too many parents whine over.

If you didn't have a strong enough marriage to get through having children before you did (whiney spouse) you shouldn't have had any.

Apparently you didn't watch the show long enough to see how they "remembered" eachother in the "midst of day to day".

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
And when Kate gets caught cheating , unlike Jon who already was (pictures of late night bar partying/trips with the mistress in Utah when he was supposed to be there for his kid) you might have a point.
Please take off the blinders.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Have you ever been married?
Have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.