Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,144,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yes, he is a jerk............no, I do not defend his bad behavior......but Kate is not being demonized; she is simply experiencing the aftermath of her own behavior. She drove Jon away...........now "newly liberated" Jon is being an idiot about things.
imho---no one can drive another away,no matter how abrasive, if the love and committment and maturity are there-i have worked with women more abrasive to their men than was ever shown on tv by kate--and their husbands still adored them--marital counseling could have helped if j had those above qualities, and working on a marriage is the best thing for kids----only if BOTH partners are willing to grow,change and mature------

yes,they were mismatched ,k made a poor choice in a husband and father---i'm sure her age,maturity,and need to have her own family influenced her as she may not have had a stable loving family in her developmental years

be that as it may--the focus of mr "poorly done hair plugs" SHOULD have been PRIMARILY on the kids--men like j can always find some broad with poor self esteem to take care of them!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,320,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
imho---no one can drive another away,no matter how abrasive, if the love and committment and maturity are there-i have worked with women more abrasive to their men than was ever shown on tv by kate--and their husbands still adored them--marital counseling could have helped if j had those above qualities, and working on a marriage is the best thing for kids----only if BOTH partners are willing to grow,change and mature------

yes,they were mismatched ,k made a poor choice in a husband and father---i'm sure her age,maturity,and need to have her own family influenced her as she may not have had a stable loving family in her developmental years

be that as it may--the focus of mr "poorly done hair plugs" SHOULD have been PRIMARILY on the kids--men like j can always find some broad with poor self esteem to take care of them!
you take all of this way too personally. People on here only "defend" Jon to you because you exaggerate his actions and the circumstances to make him look worse than he already is. I'm not defending Jon when I point out that he was indeed with his family on the last holiday, July 4th. I'm just correcting your false statement.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,788,028 times
[quote=returningtonepa???;9999117]
Quote:
imho---no one can drive another away,no matter how abrasive, if the love and committment and maturity are there-i have worked with women more abrasive to their men than was ever shown on tv by kate--and their husbands still adored them
Then there's something seriously wrong with those men. Are they supposed to sit there passively and take constant abuse all the time? You would be telling women to run out of there asap.

Quote:
--marital counseling could have helped if j had those above qualities, and working on a marriage is the best thing for kids----only if BOTH partners are willing to grow,change and mature------

I am in total agreement with this. And yes, both partners have to be willing to work on the marriage.

Quote:
Well, if kate made a poor choice, so did jon. You act as if Kate is wonderful and Jon is pond scum, when in reality, they both are pond scum.........

Quote:
See what I mean? You keep bringing up hair plugs and the like when talking about Jon. What is this obsession you have with that man's coiffure? I never seeing you disparaging Kate's funny-looking mop........

Old 07-29-2009, 08:03 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,320,041 times
[quote=Sunil's Dad;9999520]
Quote:

Then there's something seriously wrong with those men. Are they supposed to sit there passively and take constant abuse all the time? You would be telling women to run out of there asap.

I am in total agreement with this. And yes, both partners have to be willing to work on the marriage.

Well, if kate made a poor choice, so did jon. You act as if Kate is wonderful and Jon is pond scum, when in reality, they both are pond scum.........

See what I mean? You keep bringing up hair plugs and the like when talking about Jon. What is this obsession you have with that man's coiffure? I never seeing you disparaging Kate's funny-looking mop........
exactly, sunil's dad!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:46 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,926,196 times
Quote:

. What is this obsession you have with that man's coiffure? I never seeing you disparaging Kate's funny-looking mop........
I do think anyone who puts up with a spouse that treats them like Kate treated Jon is a doormat. If one is in a mature relationship, they treat each other with respect. I think Jon is also a tool and if he didn't want more kids, say no. He could have stood up to Kate sooner but I imagine the marriage would have ended sooner and no more money train.

The bolded part made me giggle and I had to see it again.

I DO think there might be something to the Kate/bodyguard relationship. The wife is usually the last to know so her defending her husband and Kate doesn't go far with me. Wasn't it not too long ago excuses were made for Jon and Hailey's friendship because her dad got rid of Kate's hanging belly and they were just old friends?

I think that families with multiples need to stop being celebrated. It isn't something that occurs in nature (normally) and the outcome isn't pretty for most families.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:46 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,464,229 times
I think the whole thing is pitiful, I feel sorry for those kids.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I think the whole thing is pitiful, I feel sorry for those kids.
me too---so sad when no one can see how those children are being hurt and focus on defending the perpetrator of their problems

Old 07-29-2009, 11:37 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,215,544 times
for real!! ALL the same things I keep asking myself in regards to this member's posting/rants and raves!!

Quote:

Old 07-29-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:

read my post--it;s my opinion-----why can i not be sarcastic about this person?

i might add why does everyone here get so offended when i insult j and defend k---i am not the one taking this personally---am trying to focus on the people involved and how their behaviors impact on children---yet am getting constantly slammed for not saying positives about j---and trying to point out some behaviors-------

apparently this thread has turned into a j fan club and a hate kate theme----so sad-----but am not a member,nor will ever be

maybe the question of why this thread supports the poor jon theme and why is there no support for mom the major caregiver should be open for discussion-----i will always support the MAJOR caregiver

this response does not indicate any focus on any one poster here--it is a GENERAL RESPONSE

Old 07-29-2009, 11:42 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,215,544 times
how can you say no one can see how those children are being hurt and that people defend the perpetrator?

Do you include yourself in that no one group?
I think ,here at least, Many members have stated over and over that their main concern is the children.
Perpetrator? not plural? because I see two parents who are equally perpetrators in this fiasco.

Quote:
me too---so sad when no one can see how those children are being hurt and focus on defending the perpetrator of their problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV