Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 10:32 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,905,350 times

Advertisements

I find myself relating to how Kate talks to Jon and how Jon responds to her. Sometimes it sounds exactly like what my husband would say! The most intriguing episode I have seen was when Kate showed her stomach during pregnancy...was that cling wrap wrapped on her, and for the life of me, why? I have to say she has the honesty to show how her "jowls" looked after delivery! Made me feel really GOOD about my overhang there after 2 kids. Someone told me that she really did get a tummy tuck done.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 AM

23,876 posts, read 33,595,201 times
I answered some of the questions about the family in post 30. I can't say what page it is as I have mine set to show 40 posts per page, so for me it's page 1. According to someone that was a volunteer, Kates parents live close but are not in their lives. IIRC they own a mobil home park & he is a preacher, Jon & Kate do not go to his church from what I've read. It could be anything, they might not agree with how Jon & Kate got pregnant as it's against their religion, it also could be that they don't approve of Kate with Jon.

There's one forum, wish I could find the link, they talk very freely, everything was posted. The official forum looks like it is missing posts, I'm sure the mod deleted it.

One plus for the grandparents is that they get to watch the kids on tv, and maybe for them, that is enough. I know that for me, it would not be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I was surprised to find out his age. I'm 40 and look younger than he does. I imagine between work and helping out at home, he has absolutely no time to go work out, run, etc. Kate seems to stay in decent shape and looks good. Keeping up with the kids is probably a decent cardio workout!
For having 8 kids, I think they both look good. I couldn't imagine the lack of sleep they've had & probably continue to have.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:08 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,930,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I find myself relating to how Kate talks to Jon and how Jon responds to her. Sometimes it sounds exactly like what my husband would say! The most intriguing episode I have seen was when Kate showed her stomach during pregnancy...was that cling wrap wrapped on her, and for the life of me, why? I have to say she has the honesty to show how her "jowls" looked after delivery! Made me feel really GOOD about my overhang there after 2 kids. Someone told me that she really did get a tummy tuck done.
I think that's why I like them so much is because they are so much like my husband and I. Lots of love and lots of humor/sarcasm to get through the day. My husband was cracking up with Kate and the ski episode. I asked what was so funny (knowing the answer) and he says, "That is soooo you!!" Not so into the outdoor cold activities. LOL.

She did have a tummy tuck. The wife of a plastic surgeon had been watching the episode where she showed "the jowls" and she wanted to help so she got her husband to do the surgery pro bono. The surgeon's wife had Kate come back to her house to recouperate after the surgery and was basically her nurse until she heeled. It was sweet.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:59 PM

23,876 posts, read 33,595,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
She did have a tummy tuck. The wife of a plastic surgeon had been watching the episode where she showed "the jowls" and she wanted to help so she got her husband to do the surgery pro bono. The surgeon's wife had Kate come back to her house to recouperate after the surgery and was basically her nurse until she heeled. It was sweet.
Yeah, too bad he wouldn't do her boobs. I saw the look on her face when he told her to buy a good bra.

I hope she'll be able to have them done one day if it's what she desires. After having that many kids she deserves it lol

Old 03-10-2008, 01:24 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,930,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yeah, too bad he wouldn't do her boobs. I saw the look on her face when he told her to buy a good bra.

I hope she'll be able to have them done one day if it's what she desires. After having that many kids she deserves it lol
If she had told him she breastfed them all MAYBE he would have done it for her. LOL.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:00 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,637,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
If she had told him she breastfed them all MAYBE he would have done it for her. LOL.
LMAO! Can you imagine? She could do nothing but constantly eat/drink while feeding. They'd have to set her up next to a buffet or something.

Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 PM

77 posts, read 354,026 times
They are being real. Everyone needs to look at their own life and how they treat their loved ones and realize that sometimes it's the ones closest to you that you hurt the most. Then add 8 kids in the mix!! They seem to really love each other.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:29 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,899,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
To answer one of my own questions: Last night, I watched an episode where they answered emails. Kate said that Jon's mother told her that she shouldn't expect any of their children to look like her because "Asian genes are very dominent", so they will always trump the caucasian ones.

I would agree this is a true statement. I'm Caucasian, my youngest brother married a Japanese woman and their son looks more Asian than Caucasian.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 AM

991 posts, read 4,619,991 times
Does anyone know what the style is of the house that Jodi Kate's sister in law lives in?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,243,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
Does anyone know what the style is of the house that Jodi Kate's sister in law lives in?
McMansion? It looks farily new, huge, and very isolated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV