Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 AM

430 posts, read 1,175,841 times

Advertisements

To comment on the posting about their kids going to all dat KIndergarten. If you watch the show their twins only went to KIndergarten half day.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:33 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,612,840 times
I love the show. I don't have kids, I'm not married, and I don't want kids. But I can appreciate what others go through to raise them. My friend and her husband tried for over 15 years to have a baby. Invitro worked for them finally and they were thrilled.

Jon & Kate aren't always taking trips. We see their day-to-day lives on film as well. One of the reasons they agreed to continue the series was to have their children's younger years caught on film. They often give credit to their many helpers/volunteers. They know they couldn't do this alone.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:51 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,262,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I love the show. I don't have kids, I'm not married, and I don't want kids. But I can appreciate what others go through to raise them. My friend and her husband tried for over 15 years to have a baby. Invitro worked for them finally and they were thrilled.

Jon & Kate aren't always taking trips. We see their day-to-day lives on film as well. One of the reasons they agreed to continue the series was to have their children's younger years caught on film. They often give credit to their many helpers/volunteers. They know they couldn't do this alone.
And if the camera followed them around day to day just doing the usual things, it would only take 2 episodes before people stopped watching. They have to go out of their way to do unusual things to make it interesting. If they didn't have this show, I doubt they would have driven to Disneyworld, gone to Utah, etc.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:23 PM

347 posts, read 934,782 times
"All children are a gift from God."

Not when a doctor gets involved...

Old 05-28-2008, 07:06 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,561,839 times
I have to say I am a big fan of Little People, Big World. But if I catch one millisecond of Jon & Kate Plus 8 I cringe and hit the remote.

I have to respect them for all they are going through to raise 8 little one's. I just can't stand that show. Sorry. But I am not a parent basher. Gotta give them credit for what they are doing ~~and getting paid to do it!

As for the J&K+ marathon on Directv right now....pleeease stop already! I just want to see Matt finish his mansion!

P.S. I could care less where they go to church. Although I respect Denverian's POV. Back to their church, as long as I am sitting way on the other side of the church from those little rugrats!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM

347 posts, read 934,782 times
I would vote for Matt Roloff for president. I could see him now in a cabinet meeting..

"OK guys were in a bind here." The guy just has a way of getting things done...

Old 05-28-2008, 07:56 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,219,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plf86 View Post
"All children are a gift from God."

Not when a doctor gets involved...
I agree. There aren't twins in our families, not on any sides, my twins are the only spanning 5 living generations on my side... mine aren't "medically made" and that to me is the meaning of "God given".

I understand some couples need help with having children... I know of many (personally) who can't or have taken such routes for a family, but anytime someone opts for invetro and get more than 1 (or what they can't handle), it's by their own choice to have multiples... thus it's by their own choice to have "an added burden" in parenting.

Jon & Kate are using TV to show-off "the struggle" they chose to have.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,112,128 times
Please keep in mind, this is the Entertainment forum, and the topic of this thread is Jon & Kate + 8. If you want to debate reproductive issues, please take it to the Parenting and/or P&OC forums. Thank you.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:14 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,136,551 times
how about just enjoying the show cause the kids are cute and the parents are normal--why all the critiquing----none of us are perfect!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:22 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,133,067 times
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I am just like that and my husband is like the dude on the show. We only have 1 kid and that is our marriage cept I work for a living and we are Cali beeeatches. You don't like that? Go SUCK IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Not to mention the fact that Kate is a flat out *****. She is condescending to her husband, can't stand to not be the center of the universe. The only reason they do this show is for the $$$.

I think the plug should have been pulled on them before the show even aired.

There are PLENTY of families with multiples, and they don't get these perks. Why? Because they live in the REAL world. Not the "I must have everything my way, so here are my kids, I'm going to exploit the hell out of them to get what I want."

Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.