Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,711,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
At one time I read that the Korean gene is dominant. Jon is 1/2 Korean, Kate is also mixed (don't recall what) so even though the kids are 1/4 Korean, they aren't going to look like Kate.
Thanks, I thought of that but did not do any research and have just now started watching the show...

Old 07-18-2008, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,023 times
Remember people this is a tv show. When I first saw it, Jon and Kate Plus 8, I was shocked to see children hitting each other, children taken to a store and running around and jumping on mattresses, etc. Then of course you have Jon and Kate discussing everything and acting as if they know the people watching the show will have all of us discussing every detail of the show. Personally, they know a good deal when they see one. When the children are grown up and are in school, the show ends. I say go for it Jon and Kate.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:56 PM

146 posts, read 1,011,253 times
I use to enjoy watching the show but it has lost a lot of it's "sweetness". Jon and Kate just come across as being full of themselves now, in my opinion. I understand they even posted a sign in their yard that say, "don't stop and take pictures, don't stop and try to talk to us." I can understand the need for privacy but they choose to be in the public eye and are benefitting greatly from it so they need to at least try to be polite to their neighbors and their "fans." They get paid handsomely by TLC (around 10,000. an episode I understand) as well as the thousands in perks they get from companies and businesses. They need to either move to an isolated location or put up a 12 foot high privacy fence in their front yard and hire security if they want privacy.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:07 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,795,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
I use to enjoy watching the show but it has lost a lot of it's "sweetness". Jon and Kate just come across as being full of themselves now, in my opinion. I understand they even posted a sign in their yard that say, "don't stop and take pictures, don't stop and try to talk to us." I can understand the need for privacy but they choose to be in the public eye and are benefitting greatly from it so they need to at least try to be polite to their neighbors and their "fans." They get paid handsomely by TLC (around 10,000. an episode I understand) as well as the thousands in perks they get from companies and businesses. They need to either move to an isolated location or put up a 12 foot high privacy fence in their front yard and hire security if they want privacy.
Wow. "Don't stop and try to talk to us."

Seriously?

It does seem like the mom has gotten worse with her whole, "This is my family and I don't care what ANY ONE THINKS!!" I can understand that view point to a certain degree but she seems defensive a lot of time.
Eventually you just have to get to a point where other people's opinions don't get to you THAT much.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:34 PM

181 posts, read 632,103 times
I watch the show have since the kids were little. I agree that when the kids get in school the show will be over. I hope I would hate to see camera's following them to school. I didn't realize they got paid that much pre episode and that makes a lot of sense in what they are able to buy. I know they get perks and I think they get more now then when the show started. As the kids get older I too think the show isn;t as interesting and I think that is why they are doing more outside of the home now. Let's face it as hard as having 6 kids the same age is this is television and people need to be interested to watch. I saw a show the other day that I didn't see before where Jon get's hair implants.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 9,530 times
Here's my thinking. You put yourself on tv, people are going to drive past your house. It is not a private street. If they do not like it, move to a house with a large gate. I am sure by now they have plenty of money to do so.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:47 PM

23 posts, read 92,460 times
i agree. i heard jon and kate say that they don't let cameras into school for cara and mady, so i'm guessing this will be the same for the little kids. so maybe one more season (1 more year) until the show ends so they might as well enjoy their celebrity status and money (or possibly save it for the kids' college-ouch!)

Old 07-27-2008, 07:29 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,711,309 times
Well I do not see how they can let the cameras into the school with respect to the privacy of all the other children at that school. As for the hair implants, I just saw that episode and was a bit annoyed that again, it was "given" to them. I am so annoyed by that all that is "given" to them like that hair surgery, her tummy tuck, ski trips to Utah, trip to California, framed photos, etc. Now I am just getting annoyed by them... and what is up with her little chicken hair.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:30 PM

146 posts, read 1,011,253 times
I thought the hair implant episode was just a bit too much . . . we really could live without seeing Jon's bloody head! It seems they have gone from being a regular people to being little starlets, taking advantage of everything they can and not appreciating the people who make it possible, the public! It seems that the Gosselins feel they have achieved star status and should have the "star attitude" as well. What they don't realize is that most "stars" have talent, that is why we continue to watch them. These people don't and their 15 minutes is about up.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:08 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,217,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
It seems that the Gosselins feel they have achieved star status and should have the "star attitude" as well.
Imagine raising a number of children without as many perks as commercialization can buy for as long as ratings keep steady on. Though, the highest perk... the lifetime residuals (reruns & dvd sales).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.