Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2008, 09:57 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Must have been rushed when I posted..

What Kate said at one time was she couldn't afford to shop organic for everything. I think it was when she was making treats in the kitchen or when Sara Snow was on.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:10 AM

324 posts, read 1,707,183 times
Seems like they are doing commercials for Juicy Juice. That is not organic. ON a couple on the shows lately I've seen the camera pan in on the Juicy Juice.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:22 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I love the show too and honestly I don't mind people criticizing J&K within reason but some of the stuff they come up with is incredibly insane. Considering how many times some of the folks will post about poor Jon and how cute he is leads me to believe a lot of them are just jealous they don't have what Kate has. Regardless, the idea that those adorable kids are abused is just incredible. Such a bunch of nutjobs.
I like the show, don't love it...but abuse, that is crazy. The one I think is abused sometimes is Jon. The way Kate treats him has made me reflect on the things I say and how I say them to my hubby. The episode where they were in Toys R US shopping for Christmas was horrible where she was yelling at him, and he got so mad at her and embarrassed. I don't know how they can stand each other sometimes. The kiddos are cute, and I am amazed that NONE of them look like Kate.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:16 PM

181 posts, read 631,726 times
If your kids get WIC which I don't know if it is called that everywhere. But Juicy Juice is one of the juices you can get because of the nutrition value. That is why she most likley buys it.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
The kiddos are cute, and I am amazed that NONE of them look like Kate.
At one time I read that the Korean gene is dominant. Jon is 1/2 Korean, Kate is also mixed (don't recall what) so even though the kids are 1/4 Korean, they aren't going to look like Kate.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:26 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
Is it just me or does Jon appear to be getting more disinterested when he and Kate are sitting together talking to the camera. I watched one episode where Kate complained he was breathing too loud. I just keep wondering if they would still be together but for the kids (who are adorable!)and tv show.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Is it just me or does Jon appear to be getting more disinterested when he and Kate are sitting together talking to the camera. I watched one episode where Kate complained he was breathing too loud. I just keep wondering if they would still be together but for the kids (who are adorable!)and tv show.
IMO, what it is, is that the kids watch tapes of the show and I'm sure Kate has sat there and watched as well. I noticed that she seems more aware of things, like trying to have correct grammar.

I don't know if they would edit out his breathing as I've heard it too.
Some people are born with better hearing then others, I'm one of them and it gets annoying.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:49 PM

There was a show that did address the kids and who they would look like. I think either Jon's Mom or Grandma told Kate that none of her children would ever look like her.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:52 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Again, I wonder if I'm watching the same show. prim2007 wonders if they'd still be together if not for the kids and show?! To me, they seem obviously in love and committed.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:16 PM

I will say that Kate comes off being really bad sometimes. I do think that they are a nice family. Like many people who do these kind of shows it can be not a great thing but they weren't famuos before the show besides have 6 kids at once. I think and they say this in one show that they have their own family lauguage and to some it may look not great. I guess my husband and I might look the same at some points. I'm kind of a yeller and after I heard that on the show I started to think of a friend that is worse them me and she has a really nice family and I remember growing up next to a family that had a lot of kids and you could here them yelling and fighting but they too are a very nice family. I think that they to have kids went through a lot and I don't know to get the procedures they had to get pregnant that they would have had to have any mental health screenings or relationship profiles as a couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.