Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 PM

96 posts, read 258,544 times

Advertisements

I used to enjoy this show but the last couple of times I was really turned off. She talks down to her husband like he's a two year old, granted men can be clueless at times but come on. He seems to be a typical passive agressive type making little snide remarks rather than confronting her. The kids are adorable except Maddy who needs a good smack on the rear, what an annoying child. I do think they really love their kids and hope they end the show soon before it effects the children negatively.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:22 PM

23,900 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMlover View Post
I used to enjoy this show but the last couple of times I was really turned off. She talks down to her husband like he's a two year old, granted men can be clueless at times but come on. He seems to be a typical passive agressive type making little snide remarks rather than confronting her.
I don't think Kate means to speak to him like that. With the amount of kids she has, she probably forgets he's an adult. Seriously. She hasn't worked or been around adults much since the kids were born.

Jon isn't a saint either but I wouldn't expect him to be. This is real life, not actors playing a part.

Quote:
The kids are adorable except Maddy who needs a good smack on the rear, what an annoying child. I do think they really love their kids and hope they end the show soon before it effects the children negatively.
I'm going to play internet doctor and say Maddie probably has ODD and needs medication.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:17 PM

181 posts, read 632,346 times
I don't think she is ODD. I just think that she is angry that she has to share the attention and acts out. I also think she is very different then her twin and that she isn't liked as well as Cara by the other kids. I don't think she is the only child in that house that yells and screams they all have. I think because she is older and does it more than her twin she stands out. It does seems like she gets away with more as I have seen the younger kids in time out and I have seen her in public act really bad. If she is fine at school them she doesn't have ODD. She wouldn't be able to just turn it off. I think Hannah is just like Kate and acts like she is in charge of everyone and I think Kate as some issue herself

Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,713,382 times
Quote:
I used to enjoy this show but the last couple of times I was really turned off. She talks down to her husband like he's a two year old, granted men can be clueless at times but come on. He seems to be a typical passive agressive type making little snide remarks rather than confronting her. The kids are adorable except Maddy who needs a good smack on the rear, what an annoying child. I do think they really love their kids and hope they end the show soon before it effects the children negatively.
Every time I read this thread I want to say something about how Maddy is so spoiled and I keep forgetting....so I'll have to agree that she "needs a good smack on the rear". For goodness sakes, she is 7 years old and acts worse than the 3 yr olds and she has an attitude. Kate is also out of control, if you didn't see her on the Toys R Us shopping episode, you need to see her yelling at Jon across the store, it was embarrassing, I could not believe it. I'll have to agree I hope the show ends soon.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:52 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
Kate is also out of control, if you didn't see her on the Toys R Us shopping episode, you need to see her yelling at Jon across the store, it was embarrassing, I could not believe it. I'll have to agree I hope the show ends soon.
I thought as early as the second episode "is that all she can do but to humiliate her man on tv?" Never have I seen a witchy wife in the public eye. Talking down to him & belittling him for everyone to see (can someone spell out DRAMA QUEEN for me?), what good will come as the children grow up? What will have they have to look back on when they are older? I'd feel sorry for him, but they made the choice to air their dirty laundry, diapers and so more on a reality television show, that being TLC ----THE LEARNING CHANNEL---- What exactly are we to "learn" from this show?

Old 08-11-2008, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese7 View Post
I don't think she is ODD.
I did not say odd.
I said O.D.D. = oppositional defiant disorder

Old 08-11-2008, 04:42 AM

956 posts, read 3,004,986 times
Why does anybody actually care about this big-mouthed mother and her annoying little kids?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,541,853 times
I just was watching the last two up to date shows. THey were going to the beach in North Carolina. They on the way stopped to look at two properties. I didn't know they were moving. Kate said they needed more room and wanted to live in a warmer area. I know the state they live in now, I wonder where they want to live.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I just was watching the last two up to date shows. THey were going to the beach in North Carolina. They on the way stopped to look at two properties. I didn't know they were moving. Kate said they needed more room and wanted to live in a warmer area. I know the state they live in now, I wonder where they want to live.
I don't doubt they're looking at the Carolinas, everyone seems to be. For what they sell their house for, they can probably buy a bigger house there. I knew they wanted to move, it was why they redid the carpet. It never occurred to me that they would leave the state of PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
I had heard that too. I thought the episode where Kate had a meltdown about Jodi giving the kids gum was a bit ridiculous. I mean really, Jodi watches 6 kids plus her own out of the goodness of her heart and Kate criticizes her on national television for doing it like it was a major crime. Then Kate threatens little Aiden that she is going to have to throw away his bear because it got some gum on it. I make dolls for a living and I can tell you when they come back for repairs they have been well loved meaning they have seen gum, scissors, ink, puke, and they are still that child's most treasured possession. Kate needs to mellow a bit on kids and messes. Kids need to make messes so they can learn to clean up messes. It's part of life and they are missing out on that lesson.
This episode was on last night, I caught the last 15 minutes of it.
Watching it for the 2nd time, and after this post, I tried to look at it with an open mind. When I started watching it was when she was handing it to the kids already. I watched Jodi give the kids gum. I know you get gum on an airplane but does your mother give you gum at home? Yes they said.. So, she gave them gum, telling them that when they were done with it, it got spit out. Giving them gum, IMO was very brave, look at her house.

Next we see the boy sitting, picking at his sock, that's when it begins. Kate makes comments. Who knows what was edited? What they do show has nothing to do with Jodi but everything to do with Kate. Now, we have to assume that what we didn't see was Kate needing to check every kid for gum on their clothes. This is time out of her day that she probably couldn't spare. Then she had to try to get the gum out of the bear. I will say I was pretty horrified at what they showed, that poor kid. I then tried to think back to when I was raising my kids, did I ever say anything like that? I couldn't remember. My daughter had a blanket, I know I threatened to replace it a few times, even bought 2 new ones, she didn't want those, she wanted her blanket, which she still has, rips and all.

In the end, she didn't throw the bear out but I have to wonder how the boy will feel when he gets older and views that episode. I think the editors screwed up, it shouldn't have been included.

Anyway, my opinion of Jodi did not change with that episode. She did Kate a favor by watching the kids, so what they had gum? If Kate chooses to not give them gum, that is her choice. If Kate asks Jodi not to give the kids gum after that, hopefully Jodi won't. With what was left of the incident for all of the world to see, Kate is the one that was damaged by it. Hopefully the relationship between Kate & Jodi hasn't been hurt.

Will I stop watching the show due to the gum? No. As I said in my last post, Kate has 8 kids and is human. Hopefully she learned from it, that she won't freak out over stuff when the cameras are there. I can't imagine raising 8 kids, and even though Kate was not with all of the kids that day for as long as Jodi had them, she still had stuff to do when they got home, so taking time to clean gum probably stressed her out. We don't know what time of the day any of this was. I know there are days when it seemed all I did was work on stains. FWIW, my daughter is a gum kid, for a while was leaving the pack in her pocket, so it got washed. Dryers and gum don't go together, I do understand where Kate was coming from with that.

Anyway, I love the show. The kids are so cute.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:46 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,164,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Why does anybody actually care about this big-mouthed mother and her annoying little kids?
I care!

I've been watching the show since day one, and I enjoy seeing the kids grow up, the family dynamics, their outings, their fights. Sure, Kate yells at John, she can be overdramatic and she's totally an A-type, so what - it's kinda funny. And all kids can be annoying - especially when they're not yours, but they can also be sweet, adorable, loving and silly.

I can't really explain the appeal - I just get a good, happy feeling watching them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV