Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 10:25 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
He isn't happy being a full time house husband. Honestly, I don't think there are many men who would/could be truly happy and fullfilled being a househusband. I think it goes against nature.

The exception being the wife/mother becomes ill or dies and cannot fulfill her role as primary caretaker of the children and the home. Then, obviously, the man has to step in and take over that role as much as he is able.
Well, I won't go anywhere NEAR defining who makes a better parent and what is "natural", but the biggest problem I see is that Jon used to be the breadwinner. He went to work, came home and helped out with the kids. At the beginning, both J&K worked outside the home. Suddenly, he finds himself not having anything to do. It's one thing to be a stay at home parent. It's another to have people in your house to help you out and so you wander around aimlessly trying to find something to do.

I became a stay-at-home mom after 9 years of working full-time outside of the home. At first, it felt like a little vacation. Now, it's truly a job. I don't want my kids in front of the tv all day so in order to truly be a nurturing, stay at home mom (and not just a mom who doesn't work), I find myself far busier than I ever was when I worked full time and then came home to be a parent. It took me a while to define what my job was. Now that I have settled in to my new routine, I am happier than I have ever been.

I don't think Jon has figured out what he's supposed to do yet. It makes it harder to try and find your role while being filmed. And I am sure it's even harder when you've got nannies, cleaning crews and public relations people in your house all day. Jon did take care of the kids when Kate was away (remember her surgery?). He did just fine and I think he would do fine without all the help. He doesn't feel fulfilled and that is the cause of what can only be described as a mid-life crisis. Many men have them and go out and buy a ridiculous sports car. Kate is too busy pretending to be a celebrity and doesn't have time to see what's really going on.

It's Kate's way or the highway and they are a runaway train heading for divorce. Yet they still sit on the couch and say ridiculous things like "I breathe for my kids." They will hardpressed to find someone who will agree that parents divorcing is "best for the kids." Especially when their relationship wasn't a toxic one...they've just lost interest in each other. That's not a good reason to break up a family.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,135,587 times
all you poor jon experts-----would love to see what you would do in k's shoes---it's nice to be sanctimoious---but obviously judging from afar is not accurate---by the way--they BOTH worked and j was FIRED===LET GO from his job-----he is NOT a college graduate--has no desire to get a degree and will probably let himself be supported by the money k and the kids are earning with an occasional whining appearance by him

Old 06-07-2009, 05:54 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
all you poor jon experts-----would love to see what you would do in k's shoes---it's nice to be sanctimoious---but obviously judging from afar is not accurate---by the way--they BOTH worked and j was FIRED===LET GO from his job-----he is NOT a college graduate--has no desire to get a degree and will probably let himself be supported by the money k and the kids are earning with an occasional whining appearance by him
Not sure why you're so hostile about defending someone you've never met, but if you watched the show from the beginning, you would know that Jon had a job that must have paid pretty well because before all the freebies and book deals came along, all the kids had a bed, clothes, food to eat, dental care, medical care and someone obviously paid their extensive hospital bills (not everything they needed could have been covered by health insurance). Kate worked part time as a nurse and (having a family full of nurses) I know that the only ones who make enough to live on are those who specialize and even they don't make that much. They weren't always being paid by TLC to pretend their lives are perfect.

No one is saying "poor Jon". He made his bed and now he need to lie in it. But he is now the one who is trying to find himself. It doesn't take a master's degree to figure out that one. Kate always had something to do...she worked and then she stayed at home because she had babies who needed to be raised. Jon went to work and helped out when he got home. Now, Kate is the celebrity and they get paid to basically do nothing.

P.S. Sanctimonious is spelled with an "M" and means "hypocritically devout." Please let me know when you find someone who is "devout" in their support of Jon. You'd be hardpressed to find anyone who genuinely feels bad for either of them, but Kate is getting the wrath because she has bought into her own PR that she is somehow special. Jon is just living off the freebies like a lottery winner.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:09 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,339,144 times
yes...first people were "jon worshippers" and now "sanctimonious". A tad extreme even without all the excessive punctuation.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,135,587 times
would you all like another choice of words----and youall must be english teachers and expert typists on the keypad-----being negative about j translates into hostility for you j supporters(is this an acceptable word----any feelings being trod on here)

i have seen way to many jons wreaking havoc in their childrens' lives and people supporting their negative behaviors during the course of my long career working with children and families
,usually with little support to the person actually holding things together(in 99% of the times--the mother)
hope you enjoy all my incorrect punctuation and missed keyboard strokes-----i will probably NEVER give j the support you all think i should

Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,977,211 times
I find it amazing that Gean Simmons and other families on the Arts & Entertainment Channel (A&E) grown up to be happy and healthy. My observation is Gene Simmons and Dog the Bounty Hunter were man enough to build their own business and not exploit their children. Jon and Kate are weak families. Yes, I said weak families. They suck on the breast of the TLC money machine.

I raised my family with dignity, care and love. Good bye and good riddance.

By the way, my son is a fire captain for a fire department in Texas and my daughter is working on her doctorate in civil engineering. Mom is a beautiful woman and I get up every morning to go to work. Life is good. This discussion is dribble. I should have been in bed an hour ago but Gene Simmons kids are funny as heck.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:15 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Not sure why you're so hostile about defending someone you've never met, but if you watched the show from the beginning, you would know that Jon had a job that must have paid pretty well because before all the freebies and book deals came along, all the kids had a bed, clothes, food to eat, dental care, medical care and someone obviously paid their extensive hospital bills (not everything they needed could have been covered by health insurance). Kate worked part time as a nurse and (having a family full of nurses) I know that the only ones who make enough to live on are those who specialize and even they don't make that much. They weren't always being paid by TLC to pretend their lives are perfect.

No one is saying "poor Jon". He made his bed and now he need to lie in it. But he is now the one who is trying to find himself. It doesn't take a master's degree to figure out that one. Kate always had something to do...she worked and then she stayed at home because she had babies who needed to be raised. Jon went to work and helped out when he got home. Now, Kate is the celebrity and they get paid to basically do nothing.

P.S. Sanctimonious is spelled with an "M" and means "hypocritically devout." Please let me know when you find someone who is "devout" in their support of Jon. You'd be hardpressed to find anyone who genuinely feels bad for either of them, but Kate is getting the wrath because she has bought into her own PR that she is somehow special. Jon is just living off the freebies like a lottery winner.

I wonder if we all ignore her posts she will go away ? ( Not you, 3 D's )

So.... tonight is their 100th episode where Emeril will come in and teach Kate how to cook. How many here want to make a bet she will say something about organic food or ingredients.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:18 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with her writing books about being a good mom if she WAS one. She's not any better than any of the rest of us. There is no secret that she is trying to share. She's acting like raising 8 kids at once makes her super mom. When they were small, she had an army of helpers (including a lady who came over and folded baskets and baskets of laundry). Now that they are in school full time, she's got people she pays to take care of them. She even admitted that the kids called her by the babysitters name!
Amen !! She seemed to be a good one at first, but she sure doesn't seem to be now. She's gotten the travel bug big time.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:43 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,339,144 times
I'm not allowed to rep you again mainegirl...but rep rep rep!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:50 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,906,096 times
Yep...this show is REALLY a reality show. How many people have had Emeril come to their house to cook?

This show has jumped the shark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV