Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 01:27 AM

3,110 posts, read 2,012,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
I am disappointed with the finale. I am hoping for an ultimate battle with Ophelia but she was defeated too easy and fast. And what happened to the rest of three Russian?
I absolutely loved it. Also, if you think about it, because Ophelia was scared of Ghost Rider, and with Ophelia's transporting powers, she could have and probably would have kept escaping from Ghost Rider(rather than fighting him), therefore, they had to make it quick, fast, and dirty. And I thought that the plan that Coulson came up with was great. Plus, I thought that the fight was long enough and exciting enough that it was short and sweet. Additionally, I had gotten so tired of Ophelia's evilness, I was so happy when she got destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
And what happened to the rest of three Russian?
Didn't they get killed by SHIELD at the conference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
What is the SWORD business?
Half the time, I have no idea what Taiko is talking about. Like when he had mentioned MODOK The Superior. Who is that????(Well, I know now after I looked him up.)

Also, does anyone have a clue as to what happened at the end?????

One moment, the team was sitting down at a diner having breakfast, and then what looked like some guards(who I thought were Talbort and his men) came in, pulled out some sort of electronic device with a green light in it, and then froze everyone. And then the next thing you know it, Coulson wakes up in what appears to be one of the guest quarters on the USS Enterprise and looks out the window into space.

Also, Coulson seemed to have made some sort of deal with Robbie Reyes when he allowed the Ghost Rider demon to come into his body. Does anyone have any idea what that was about?

Talk about a mystery cliffhanger that will hook fans over the summer until the fall season comes.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:52 AM

Also, did anyone notice that Ghost Rider now knows how to make Doctor Strange portal openings with his chain?

Old 05-20-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post

One moment, the team was sitting down at a diner having breakfast, and then what looked like some guards(who I thought were Talbort and his men) came in, pulled out some sort of electronic device with a green light in it, and then froze everyone. And then the next thing you know it, Coulson wakes up in what appears to be one of the guest quarters on the USS Enterprise and looks out the window into space.

Also, Coulson seemed to have made some sort of deal with Robbie Reyes when he allowed the Ghost Rider demon to come into his body. Does anyone have any idea what that was about?

Talk about a mystery cliffhanger that will hook fans over the summer until the fall season comes.
Looks like SHIELD is changing to Friday nights at 9:00 this fall.

‘Agents of SHIELD’ Recap: Season 4 Finale

Last edited by William Taylor; 05-20-2017 at 02:38 AM..

Old 05-20-2017, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
There are more than three Russians, they are LMD bodies created as needed. A second face/body model was introduced in the finale. Seeing the ease SHIELD had making a Simmons LMD it looks like the Superior will have as many bodies designed only for killing that he needs as long as his detached head survives.
Well, I had forgotten about this:

Quote:
AIDA again chooses to teleport away rather than face Robbie, so he and Daisy are left to fight her robots again. As compensation, viewers are treated to some truly epic superpower combos. They give the Superior a perfect send-off: Robbie chains him up from behind and then hurls him in the air as Daisy quakes him to pieces. An alley-oop so good Coulson is legitimately sad to miss it.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finale recap: Season 4, Episode 22

Therefore, that makes it sound like he was destroyed, but that still doesn't account for his head like Taiko had mentioned. But it appears that everyone and the storyline has moved on. Because Coulson is now in outer space, and even if the Superior's head still is in tact, what can it do to his nemesis, Coulson now?

Or perhaps the head thing was an oversight by the writers. ....Kind of like Barry saying that he ran 8 years into the future.(Silently rolling on the floor laughing my ass off. )

Old 05-20-2017, 08:23 AM

12,641 posts, read 8,415,805 times
Quote:
Half the time, I have no idea what Taiko is talking about. Like when he had mentioned MODOK The Superior. Who is that????(Well, I know now after I looked him up.)

To paraphrase what Nick Fury said in the Iron Man post credit scene. You are part of a bigger universe than you about now. The Men In Black, for lack of a better term, in the season finale at the end used a technology to freeze "our" SHIELD that a friend pointed out was used by the 10 Rings in the MCU premier Iron Man 2008. Also since Tony Stark teased LMDs long before Dr Radcliffe went into his post Ultron illegal LMD project you can speculate that others went after similar technology without a Darkhold and the drama the book caused to bring the evil LMDs to light. So my thought is that General Talbot, perhaps still head of the American ATCU had a LMD for him shot by a Daisy Johnson LMD through what would be the human brain and survives.

Now SHIELD got caught up fighting Hydra and Inhumans for the life of the series. Meanwhile the earth was attacked by extra terrestrial forces in the Battle Of New York, The Avengers movie.. Folks would have been relieved of their normal security duties and told to prepare for Thor or other aliens coming to attack again. Fury may have depended upon The Avengers, but Nick Fury isn't the only decision maker around. That organization was named S.W.O.R.D. With S.H.I.E.L.D. discredited yet again shortly after coming back to the public view because Director Mace was just a super soldier and not an Inhuman they claimed he was, and for the conspiracy theorist they have video of what they think was a rogue SHIELD Agent and Inhuman Daisy Johnson attempted assassination of world leaders.

So the team from SHIELD, who are burned as agents or public warriors is recruited to join the bigger secret organization SWORD. Real world it gets the defacto leader of the Inhumans, Daisy Johnson out of the way when a new royal family of Inhumans arrives in the IMAX theatres and then ABC to assert their leadership upon the Jaiying Afterlife Inhuman survivors as well as the fish oil Inhumans. Those who had no ideal of their race like Yo-yo or Daisy herself, that survived being culled by Lash or taken by the Gideon Malick wing of Hydra to become part of the Hive

Old 05-25-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
To paraphrase what Nick Fury said in the Iron Man post credit scene. You are part of a bigger universe than you about now. The Men In Black, for lack of a better term, in the season finale at the end used a technology to freeze "our" SHIELD that a friend pointed out was used by the 10 Rings in the MCU premier Iron Man 2008. Also since Tony Stark teased LMDs long before Dr Radcliffe went into his post Ultron illegal LMD project you can speculate that others went after similar technology without a Darkhold and the drama the book caused to bring the evil LMDs to light. So my thought is that General Talbot, perhaps still head of the American ATCU had a LMD for him shot by a Daisy Johnson LMD through what would be the human brain and survives.

Now SHIELD got caught up fighting Hydra and Inhumans for the life of the series. Meanwhile the earth was attacked by extra terrestrial forces in the Battle Of New York, The Avengers movie.. Folks would have been relieved of their normal security duties and told to prepare for Thor or other aliens coming to attack again. Fury may have depended upon The Avengers, but Nick Fury isn't the only decision maker around. That organization was named S.W.O.R.D. With S.H.I.E.L.D. discredited yet again shortly after coming back to the public view because Director Mace was just a super soldier and not an Inhuman they claimed he was, and for the conspiracy theorist they have video of what they think was a rogue SHIELD Agent and Inhuman Daisy Johnson attempted assassination of world leaders.

So the team from SHIELD, who are burned as agents or public warriors is recruited to join the bigger secret organization SWORD. Real world it gets the defacto leader of the Inhumans, Daisy Johnson out of the way when a new royal family of Inhumans arrives in the IMAX theatres and then ABC to assert their leadership upon the Jaiying Afterlife Inhuman survivors as well as the fish oil Inhumans. Those who had no ideal of their race like Yo-yo or Daisy herself, that survived being culled by Lash or taken by the Gideon Malick wing of Hydra to become part of the Hive
Do you mind explaining that to me again, Taiko?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Do you mind explaining that to me again, Taiko?
In short, It's All Connected

Old 05-25-2017, 06:37 AM

7,289 posts, read 7,231,866 times
Quote:
Also, did anyone notice that Ghost Rider now knows how to make Doctor Strange portal openings with his chain?
Yes!

It's really too bad that the tv characters don't interact with the movie characters.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Yes!

It's really too bad that the tv characters don't interact with the movie characters.
According to a writer on the Trek BBS it is because of writers contracts and the rights to the characters, even when adopted from another medium. Meanwhile it is okay for movie characters to hit TV. I guess the 21 Jump Street, Miami Vice. Baywatch....and on and on movies decided to pay because they were main characters and not just a cameo appearance.

I do think if he is correct it may be part of the reason why The Inhumans is getting its first two hours on IMAX before ABC television does the miniseries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV