Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 08:10 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Oh, come on now, Ralph. You know better than that.

Just because Mac and Yoyo are a couple... that doesn't mean that they can replace Bobbi and Hunter.

Bobbi and Hunter had their own personalities, their own history, and their own humor.

Plus, whatever Nick Blood and Adrianne Palicki brought to the show as individuals was unique and irreplaceable.
I didn't say it would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 01:01 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,990,509 times
Now that's more like it.

I thought that last Tuesday's episode was really good.

Also, since I'm not necessarily a fan of "hostage" episodes, I had thought that this May and May2 thing would kind of drag on. However, I really liked the twist that the put on it where May2 finally found out that she wasn't the real May, but inspite of what the 'May' inside of her wants to do about it... she can't. Because she's programmed not to hurt Radcliffe or tell anyone else what she really is. Plus, she's been programned to want to jump Coulson's bones as her primary desire in life. But all this should be interesting as to how it all turns out.

Also, Radcliffe is really turning out to be a real villain. Plus, he's teamed up with Nadeer and her mysterious superior. Although, I am wondering if this is someone that we already know... or if that person is going to be someone new.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:12 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,990,509 times
Well, I've finally kind of caught up and am not posting on Monday or Tuesday morning.

But it looks like they more or less wrapped things up with May2's story arc. Although, I had thought that it would extend on through the end of the season, but I'm glad that it didn't. Also, I had thought that she was going to start up a romance with Coulson, and of course eventually Coulson would find out about her and would end up getting his heart broken. However, now I'm wondering where they're going to go with the rest of this LMD story arc.

Also, May2's short life expectancy kind of reminds me of the replicants in "Blade Runner" and I'm wondering if they're going to somehow get her to help SHIELD defeat Radcliffe. Although, apparently so since they decided not to incinerate her like they did the Radcliffe and Aida1 LMDs.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:10 PM

7,251 posts, read 7,096,061 times
I'm gonna put this out there ...

Does anyone else think the idea of Coulson/May is a terrible one? It seems so forced.

And he's way too good for her.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
I'm gonna put this out there ...

Does anyone else think the idea of Coulson/May is a terrible one? It seems so forced.

And he's way too good for her.

The real May won't have any memories of the budding romance, and when she's rescued this incident will probably cause Coulson to step back and prevent it from happening with the real May.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:20 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,896,111 times
Everytime I think I have this show figured out, there's a huge plot twist, leaving me thinking "wow now what?" Just a great episode.

And, personally, that whole virtual world thing doesn't seem like that bad of an idea.

Old 02-19-2017, 06:21 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,768,343 times
It was a very good episode. Seeing Coulson and May in the field in their younger days was fun. May even smiled. Who'da thunk it? On the surface a virtual world sounds like a good thing but the question is what's Radcliffe's endgame involving the Darkhold? And then there's Aida. Anyone besides me get the feeling she'll eventually go full blown Ultron and be all about herself and her fellow LMD's?

Old 02-19-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
It was a very good episode. Seeing Coulson and May in the field in their younger days was fun. May even smiled. Who'da thunk it? On the surface a virtual world sounds like a good thing but the question is what's Radcliffe's endgame involving the Darkhold? And then there's Aida. Anyone besides me get the feeling she'll eventually go full blown Ultron and be all about herself and her fellow LMD's?
May stopped smiling after the "cavalry" incident.

I wonder if the group is sharing the same virtual world (although May is certainly in one of her own).

Remember that the Matrix is a virtual world--maybe that's actually Radcliffe's end game--a perfect world for all humans. He's not evil--maybe the Darkhold doesn't give people evil intentions, just gives them means and removes their inhibitions toward their intentions, whether good or evil.

But AIDA may be part of a theme in the Marvel Universe that artificial sentient beings will inherently tend toward anti-bio unless they have a soul-stone.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:45 AM

12,396 posts, read 8,183,617 times
I have to admit that the LMD arc surprised me at every turn. And now if my theory is correct we just saw the origin story of MODOK Superior in yet another never saw it coming twist. Since I have been predicting that the last arc had to be planned as a possible series finale I should have known that another head of SHIELD's eternal enemy, Hydra would emerge.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:28 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,123,578 times
I started watching AOS with season 3. I thought season 3 ended so well I wouldn't want to watch anymore.

Then reading the news one day I saw a link "check out the new Ghost Rider on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." I've been hooked since and this most recent episode two nights ago was so good. I enjoy this android saga a lot.

If this is the last season I hope they bring some of these awesome characters into the final Avengers films. Daisy, Phil, and many others certainly deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV