Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 06:09 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,994,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Remember Gandhi? Since his father is said to be of the Gujarti people of India Ben Kingsley, The Mandarin or not with the Marvel One Shot reboot, is as "Asian" as Chloe Bennett is in modern usage of the term.

You're right. I didn't know that. But even though that makes him Indian or part Indian, the Mandarin was Chinese.

Quote:
But of course with a lot of Iron Man source going to the early 1960s the question as soon as the first movie was announced was how would they ever be able to put his greatest foe on screen given current sensibilities. Moving from Vietnam to Afghanistan being the first step.

Well, I don't see where there should have been a problem with current sensibilities with there being so many Asian actors who played Asian characters in recent years such as 1999's Anna and The King with Yun-Fat Chow playing King Mongkut. Although, I admit that I cannot think of anymore male Asian actors except for John Cho, Ken Watanabe, and Jackie Chan.

Also, I'm not familiar enough with the Iron Man comic books to understand the significance of moving from Vietnam to Afghanistan other the obvious. But did the Mandarin story in the comic books start off in Vietnam?

Quote:
There have been Asian roles in Age of Ultron with the Korean doctor but I am curious about China itself where franchises like the Transformers made a point to visit not just Asian

I don't know what to say. But I am wondering if the Chinese community or any other Asian community has been vocal with Marvel or has had dialogue with Marvel about this.

And by the way, what did you think about the season premiere of the fourth season of AOS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 05:44 AM

12,431 posts, read 8,222,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post

And by the way, what did you think about the season premiere of the fourth season of AOS?
They have set up some interesting questions most notably with the Ghost Rider saying he sold his soul while Daisy/Quake the defacto leader of Inhumans looks at him as one of my poor people who just doesn't understand what happen to him.

The Life Model Decoy story line, I will see how it goes if Patton Oswalt is over grieving and coming back to work they do get to play around with the Koeing triplets, clones or whatever they were after teasing that they were LMDs

With "Big SHIELD" back will Coulson go back to the company man seen in Iron Man by the end of the season after the inevitable butting heads with the new Director of SHIELD. Time will tell.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:35 AM

22,954 posts, read 28,379,500 times
Quote:
I will see how it goes if Patton Oswalt is over grieving and coming back to work they do get to play around with the Koeing triplets, clones or whatever they were after teasing that they were LMDs.
Patton is already slotted to be on season 2 of STRANGER THINGS. Haven't heard if he's coming back to AoS.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
They have set up some interesting questions most notably with the Ghost Rider saying he sold his soul while Daisy/Quake the defacto leader of Inhumans looks at him as one of my poor people who just doesn't understand what happen to him.

I had thought that Daisy gave him a more: "What-the-Hell?" look and kind of looked at him like he wasn't an Inhuman and wasn't quite sure what he was. Plus, when she confronted him, she didn't give him the old 'I-went-through-the-same-thing, I-can-help-you' pep-talk. Therefore, I don't think that Daisy thought that he was an Inhuman.

Quote:
The Life Model Decoy story line, I will see how it goes if Patton Oswalt is over grieving and coming back to work they do get to play around with the Koeing triplets, clones or whatever they were after teasing that they were LMDs

Yeah, but sometimes they change their minds. I've seen them say things like that before, but then later changed the details of a story arc, apparently for the purpose of adapting the story for new or changed ideas on a story.

For example, in this video from the first or second season, it seems like they are saying that the Kree didn't know that their Ihhuman experiment was a success(even though they also said that the Kree experiments didn't fail):

And then in season three, there was the whole thing about the Kree Reapers where they said... well, I really don't recall exactly what they said, but I looked this up:

Quote:
The Kree Reapers were a pair of Kree warriors dormant in a satellite in Earth's solar system, tasked with destroying the Inhumans in case the experiment that created them went wrong.

History

Harvesting Inhumans

Millions of years ago, the Kree Reapers were tasked with experimenting on various alien races in order to produce bio-weapons for the purpose of war. One of the planets they have arrived on was Earth. Among them, there was a hunter who they then proceeded to experiment on, and engineered to lead an army. Though they were intended to fight for the Kree, the leader of the army led them into a rebellion against their creators, and eventually banished them from Earth. They were then frozen, and put into a containment vessel that would take them back in response to a beacon.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia...i/Kree_Reapers#

Which by the way, doesn't make a bit of sense. But I guess the point is: was the Kree experiment a success, or was it not a success? Also, getting away from the point that I was making... why would the Inhumans who banished the Kree Reapers into a containment vessel, create a beacon that would bring them back to earth? Unless the wikia writer didn't understand the story.

Quote:
With "Big SHIELD" back will Coulson go back to the company man seen in Iron Man by the end of the season after the inevitable butting heads with the new Director of SHIELD. Time will tell.

The way that I understood it, Coulson already went back to being the company man that we saw in the Iron Man and Avenger movie and seemed pretty content with that.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:31 PM

Also, I found this little gem:

And this is one of the reasons why I watch the show... to see Daisy use her powers.

Also, on a related note:

Old 09-25-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Also, I found this little gem:

And this is one of the reasons why I watch the show... to see Daisy use her powers.

Although, after around 5 minutes straight, it starts to get a bit old.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:10 AM

12,431 posts, read 8,222,658 times
So the director was a post war Captain America before the 1960s emerging from the ice in the comics and is now the Inhuman in charge of getting the rest of the Inhumans under the Sokovia Accords, I didn't see that coming.

As I thought Daisy believes the Ghost Rider to be an Inhuman who has fooled himself into believing that he was cursed by the devil. Mac now has to get over Yo-yo being a double agent for Daisy. Outstanding episode

Old 09-30-2016, 04:47 AM

Quote:
So the director was a post war Captain America before the 1960s emerging from the ice in the comicand is now the Inhuman in charge of getting the rest of the Inhumans under the Sokovia Accords, I didn't see that coming.
A post war Captain America before the 1960s? Hmm. I'm going to have to watch that episode over again because I don't recall seeing that. But I thought that he was just an Inhuman. Although, I've been (*cough, cough*) wrong before. Also, I didn't see that coming either. Nice surprise.

Quote:
As I thought Daisy believes the Ghost Rider to be an Inhuman who has fooled himself into believing that he was cursed by the devil.
Yes, you were right about that... and I was so wrong about that. lol Nice catch, Taiko.

Quote:
Mac now has to get over Yo-yo being a double agent for Daisy. Outstanding episode
Yes he does... and he will in time. Also, that's what I like about Mac is his quirks and his faults. He's stubborn, argumentative, and self righteous. Which makes his character really interesting.

Also, I agree that it was an outstanding episode. Plus, I actually thought to myself, "SHIELD is back."

P.S. And by the way, when Ghost Rider wasted that ghost-but-not-a-ghost guy, that heightened my respect for Ghost Rider. Also, I'm intrigued about how they are all connected.

Plus, I wonder what that 'book' is all about. Because at first I thought that it was a science-related book, but since I had read that Ghost Rider's appearance on the show was related to Marvel introducing magic and mysticism and Dr. Strange into the Marvel Universe, I'm thinking that maybe the 'book' could be a 'magical' book?

Old 09-30-2016, 05:25 AM

28,713 posts, read 18,897,410 times
Quote:
A post war Captain America before the 1960s? Hmm. I'm going to have to watch that episode over again because I don't recall seeing that. But I thought that he was just an Inhuman. Although, I've been (*cough, cough*) wrong before. Also, I didn't see that coming either. Nice surprise.
Some other folk have sussed that out in the last 48 hours, having figured out from a bunch of clues in the episode that the director's name is "Jeffery Mace."

Quote:
Jeffrey Solomon "Jeff" Mace, also known as the Patriot and Captain America, is a fictional character, a superhero in the Marvel Comics universe, created during the 1940s period which fans and historians call the Golden Age of Comic Books. As the Patriot, he first appeared in The Human Torch # 4 (Spring 1941; mis-numbered #3 on cover), published by Marvel's 1940s precursor, Timely Comics.In 1976, Marvel revealed via retroactive continuity that Mace had become the third Captain America some time after his World War II era adventures.
Quote:
Plus, I wonder what that 'book' is all about. Because at first I thought that it was a science-related book, but since I had read that Ghost Rider's appearance on the show was related to Marvel introducing magic and mysticism and Dr. Strange into the Marvel Universe, I'm thinking that maybe the 'book' could be a 'magical' book?
That is the "Darkhold" book, which has comic book history, too. It's supposedly the source of vampires and werewolves as well. And, yes, it's a Doctor Strange connection, because in the comics he is (or was--my knowledge is 'way dated) the guardian of the Darkhold.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Some other folk have sussed that out in the last 48 hours, having figured out from a bunch of clues in the episode that the director's name is "Jeffery Mace."

That is the "Darkhold" book, which has comic book history, too. It's supposedly the source of vampires and werewolves as well. And, yes, it's a Doctor Strange connection, because in the comics he is (or was--my knowledge is 'way dated) the guardian of the Darkhold.
Thanks, Ralph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV