Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 07:54 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
That is what my friend says about using the character, so Chloe Bennett would not appear to quake something when all the heroes go up against Thanos unless they also wanted to pay a TV writer who owned rights a share, I would not think that mentioning Quake or Inhumans in general would kick in TV writer's strike settlement funds but I will put it up in the Star Trek community and see if he responds. It was similar to TV shows not being released on DVD because the music industry demanded payment as if you bought the DVD to pirate a song from it.
That had something to do with why "Frank's Place" hasn't been released on DVD. They used local New Orleans musicians and their music in the series. The original contracts did not permit something like DVD release (the concept hadn't yet been invented) and it proved impossible to track all those old New Orleans musicians down for new contracts. There had been some talk about completely revising the musical scores of the episodes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 08:06 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
Still holding my interest, this episode wasn't too bad. Nice to see ham radio alive and well in our dismal future, and a good 6 meter contact with that Icom. Daisy - destroyer of worlds.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:52 AM

Daisy: "Let's split up, we can cover more ground that way."
Mac: "No, let's not split up. They always split up in the movies, then get picked off one by one. And you know who gets picked off first."

Old 12-13-2017, 01:12 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,312 times
Ralph

That line from Mac made me laugh. The man's not stupid and has obviously seen enough sci-fi/horror to know he'd be part of the body count.

This season has been interesting so far. That weasel that sold Daisy (it still feels funny calling her this since she was Skye for so long) out to the Cree is convinced she's to blame. Personally when I saw what was left of Earth the first thing to come to mind was Thanos since Infinity War is next year. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have two theories about the transmission coming from the planet: 1. There's a person or people alive sending it and 2. It's either Fitz or a descendant of Fitz since I don't know if it's been mentioned how far in the future Coulson and company have gone

Old 12-13-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Ralph

That line from Mac made me laugh. The man's not stupid and has obviously seen enough sci-fi/horror to know he'd be part of the body count.

This season has been interesting so far. That weasel that sold Daisy (it still feels funny calling her this since she was Skye for so long) out to the Cree is convinced she's to blame. Personally when I saw what was left of Earth the first thing to come to mind was Thanos since Infinity War is next year. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have two theories about the transmission coming from the planet: 1. There's a person or people alive sending it and 2. It's either Fitz or a descendant of Fitz since I don't know if it's been mentioned how far in the future Coulson and company have gone
I don't know if you noted the references to 616. In the Marvel Multiverse, Universe 616 is "our" universe--the one with all the superheroes we're familiar with.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:40 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Ralph

In the story Deke only knows what he has seen in the Framework newscast. Quake had the theoretical skills, even if Daisy has never shown that much power, so he took a logical leap of faith. MCU fans however know that others have similar skills and have almost unlimited power like Black Bolt

Old 12-17-2017, 07:46 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
Best part of this episode was the last 10 seconds.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:35 AM

19,056 posts, read 27,627,799 times
Jenna was sold to cree. Not Daisy.

Anyhow. This show is pitiful. It is not even stupid, it is absurd. Deke floating in space in leather jacket? This beats - though straight out of - even Guardians of the Universe. Cheap and absurd. As much as I liked Agents, this one is beyond me. Only thing I can say, it reminds me of Star Gate episode, when they, likely out of total lack of good concept, came up with a "mock" episode when they point out all the ridiculous illogical scenes in Star Gate.
This one is just that - compilation of cliches and ridiculous situations. Yuk.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:42 AM

6,120 posts, read 4,613,312 times
How do people even watch this awful show??!! The brief few seconds I've seen while flipping the channels are a bad combination of stressful, boring, and dingy/depressing.

Last edited by Jowel; 12-23-2017 at 09:07 AM..

Old 12-23-2017, 08:43 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,085,104 times
I'm loving it. Fitz was great. I loved how Hunter was shocked at the new Fitz. And it occurred to me that Robin could still be alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV