Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:24 PM

14,435 posts, read 14,374,163 times

Advertisements

Anyone who is more concerned about a lawsuit from the victim than the fact that this sixteen year old used his job to gain access to a building and sexually assault a victim is, to put it mildly, dumb as a box of rocks.

The pizza company employed a sixteen year old with a history of at least one prior burglary arrest.

The doorman was asleep instead of awake as he was supposed to be.

The building owner made no other security arrangements.

Sure, she should have locked her door. People forget sometimes though. Its not unheard of. Not locking your door doesn't give someone the right to enter your home and assault you while you are in bed.

Yes, sigh, it sounds like a pure case of "lawsuit abuse" SARCASM.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 07:42 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,484,144 times
No matter whether this woman left her door unlocked or not it is a crime to walk into someone's house and rape them. We don't live by the laws of the jungle where if someone leaves their doors unlocked anyone can come in and rape or murder someone and steal their belongings.

Even if someone is drunk and someone takes advantage of the situation and rapes them this is not the type of behaviour a civilised society condones. All those people making excuses for why this woman should be raped should really look at themselves. This 16 year old is a predator and is only going to escalate in his behaviour. He should be off the streets.

People that commit any crime because they are opportunists does not excuse their behaviour they are still criminals and should be punished.

What type of society do you want your children to grow up in? Sure people have to take responsibility for their behaviour and not be reckless but if people do make mistakes it doesn't excuse someone to take advantage of this and commit a crime.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:17 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,352,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
The pizza company employed a sixteen year old with a history of at least one prior burglary arrest.
If the guy looked fit for the job, why not?
Source?
Like what? They already had cameras and a doorman, that's already more security than in any apartment building I've ever lived in.
She kinda went lawsuit crazy imo

Old 01-28-2014, 05:52 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,219,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I feel bad for the victim but I don't think she can rightfully sue the building and the management company and the doorman on staff that night. After all she did leave her door unlocked. I'm not saying what she went through wasn't horrible and wrong but I think she needs to realize all those people are not at fault.
I agree.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
This entire thread is vile and this is perhaps the vilest post of all. You are an awful, awful victim blamer.

Jesus Christ. I can't believe you even put these disgusting words to paper, as it were.

I hope you're happy knowing you help make the city worse for women, and more welcoming to rapists.
Oh well, you can think what you like and so can I. Get over yourself. I don't condone rape, but I also don't condone IGNORANCE, as shown by this woman! Would you like a tissue to cry on? Toughen up a little!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 AM

The lesson here for ALL of us, especially if you're a woman is DO NOT be so damn complacent no matter where you live!! It's sad that this woman was raped, but it happens all the time,right?
LOCK your freakin door and chances that harm will come to you are greatly reduced. Yes, it can still happen but DO NOT blame others for your OWN damn ignorance! Wise up and grow some situational awareness ... and some stones!

Old 01-28-2014, 07:19 PM

78,649 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Anyone who is more concerned about a lawsuit from the victim than the fact that this sixteen year old used his job to gain access to a building and sexually assault a victim is, to put it mildly, dumb as a box of rocks.

Sure, she should have locked her door. People forget sometimes though. Its not unheard of. Not locking your door doesn't give someone the right to enter your home and assault you while you are in bed.

Yes, sigh, it sounds like a pure case of "lawsuit abuse" SARCASM.....
Not to mention that the pizza delivery is for a mom-pop type shop....not a dominos etc.

Most people trying to scam big settlements involve multiple deep pockets.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Oh well, you can think what you like and so can I. Get over yourself. I don't condone rape, but I also don't condone IGNORANCE, as shown by this woman! Would you like a tissue to cry on? Toughen up a little!
Kinda like being so ignorant you let a gal with a highschool education steal tens of millions from you over decades?

I mean, there is dumb...but that one was epic dumb.

All the best from someone that grew up in that area.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:20 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,348,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Kinda like being so ignorant you let a gal with a highschool education steal tens of millions from you over decades?

I mean, there is dumb...but that one was epic dumb.

All the best from someone that grew up in that area.
What does this have to do with anything?

Old 02-05-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What does this have to do with anything?
That poster is from Dixon, IL.

Dixon allowed a gal to commit one of the most egregious embezzlements in US history. They then sued everyone and anyone to get back their money.

It's intended to show the irony at railing at people for being stupid and then resorting to lawsuits instead of sucking it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Crundwell

Embezzling 53million over 22 years is epic. Doing it from a town with just 16,000 residents....and a budget of <9mil a year....that's unreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime