Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:26 AM

706 posts, read 1,047,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Did you read the article?

1) No where does it state she kept her door unlocked. It states that she 'wakes up all the time to make sure her door is locked.' Someone broke into her condo and raped her. It is only natural that she fears someone getting in again.
You might want to read the story from 2012. She NOW wakes up all the time to make sure her door is locked.

The family told CBS 2 that the victim kept her door unlocked because her mother lives across the hall.

Pizza Boy Charged With Rape; Residents Of Doorman Buildings On Edge « CBS New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 10:29 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,377,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
The OP is one of the following:

1. A family member or friend of the rapist

2. The attorney or someone who works for the attorney of the rapist

3. The rapist himself
Strong words

Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 AM

706 posts, read 1,047,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Strong words
She mad bro!

Old 01-27-2014, 01:03 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,930,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I believe Kia Graves was raped.

I am not on the side of her rapist and I believe he should get the MAXIMUM amount of time in prison for it.

I do not think she "lured him in" or any of that stuff.

What I scoff at and find disgusting in this case is the victim's completely minimalizing her own responsibility in this situation (NOT locking her door) and instead turning around and blaming/suing all and sundry who did not have anything to do with the actual rape and her sensationalizing this case for profit, all the while stating she has these extreme life stopping PTSD symptoms to gain maximum $$$ in a lawsuit, while her actions clearly belie her words. She is only making it harder for victims in the future to be believed who REALLY do suffer debilitating and paralyzing symptoms like that with her money hungry antics.

The rapist is a POS who hopefully will rot in jail.

that said, I agree with this post the most.

Usually rape victims want privacy and not to have several closeup shots of themselves plastered all of the newspaper.

And I can understand her suing her building's management co. But why is she suing the pizzeria? What do they have to do with any of this?

Last edited by likeminas; 01-27-2014 at 01:15 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 02:21 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,849,455 times
I don't think that it is the building's responsibility to provide some type of security service. While a doorman serves as a deterent, it is usually in leases that they are not there to provide safety, etc.

I'm not 'blaming the victim' in this. But I also don't think any of the people this woman is looking to take advantage of share any blame either. And I'd be shocked her going public isn't at the advice of her attorney with the goal of advancing the lawsuits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
The rapist is a POS who hopefully will rot in jail.

that said, I agree with this post the most.

Usually rape victims want privacy and not to have several closeup shots of themselves plastered all of the newspaper.

And I can understand her suing her building's management co. But why is she suing the pizzeria? What do they have to do with any of this?

Old 01-27-2014, 03:12 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,395,569 times
How come the Steubenville rapists only got a couple of years of juvenile detention, while this guy could get up to 25 in prison? That's kinda messed up imo, the Steubenville rapists' actions were worse

Old 01-27-2014, 04:52 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,837,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
He was 5'6" 130lbs and she couldn't fight him off??? Was SHE a dwarf?
Her story doesn't read right...
Is it possible she might have had private "rape fantasies" and then here comes this pizza kid out of the blue to help her live it for real? SOME women do have these thoughts. I'm sure that would have rattled what was already loose in there. Her kid sleeping next to her would probably have added to her thrill.
Maybe, she ordered a pizza? Did anyone check into that?
What does the pizza kid have to say?? Anchovies anyone??
Its right there in the original article

"He allegedly told authorities he raped Graves because he was “feeling horny.” Lucas had a previous bust for breaking into an apartment while delivering pizza."

Old 01-27-2014, 04:57 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,837,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
A young rapist looking to prow in a 211 unit building just happens to stumble into an drunk woman's unlocked apartment.

What are the odds?
He has been convicted of burglary in this manner before. In all likelihood it was a crime of opportunity. He was probably just checking doors to see if anywhere open (he was in the building for 20 mins between delivering the pizza and entering her apartment), to do a quick grab of anything lying around (it was very late at night). Saw a woman alone, asleep, and vulnerable and committed the crime.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:03 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,172,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Probably because the kid had a history of committing crimes while delivering pizzas.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:03 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,965,060 times
People get very defensive for the victim when it comes to rape cases but come on - an unlocked front door? You don't leave the key in the ignition of your car and go blaming everyone else when it gets taken. You have to take at least partial responsibility (I don't mean legally) for what results. Same if you were a woman knowingly getting drunk around a bunch of frat guys. Same for when you take your kids through a dicey neighborhood at midnight. Same for leaving gold bricks in front of your house. Christ, common sense first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime