Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 09:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,222,335 times

Advertisements

Even if it was an accident and the parents covered it up to avoid child abuse/manslaughter/negligent homicide charges, etc., I cannot fathom any parent who loves their child putting a ligature around their child's neck that indented her neck to the extent that Jon Benet's neck was. (I looked at the pictures of her body. It was gruesome.)

Old 08-25-2010, 10:30 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,280,978 times
I wonder, I truly wonder, since now the TRUTH has come out, how many people here (and other places) blamed the parents? And now, since the TRUTH has come out, it was not them, have said, "I never thought they were guilty." I'd sure like to see the threads showing these lying, POS cowards, for what they truly are.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,587,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I wonder, I truly wonder, since now the TRUTH has come out, how many people here (and other places) blamed the parents? And now, since the TRUTH has come out, it was not them, have said, "I never thought they were guilty." I'd sure like to see the threads showing these lying, POS cowards, for what they truly are.
I never believed from day one this family was involved, the media played a big part influencing the public with false stories and has been discussed in this thread. A couple of them remain in my own mind, no one here is accountable to you in regards to their beliefs.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,222,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I never believed from day one this family was involved, the media played a big part influencing the public with false stories and has been discussed in this thread. A couple of them remain in my own mind, no one here is accountable to you in regards to their beliefs.

Well said. Thank you. I, too, am wondering where the previous poster gets off passing judgment and insulting others for their opinions when the absolute truth of what happened will never be known.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:41 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,742,859 times
I've never believed the parents killed her. However, I always thought the parents KNEW who killed her and were covering it up. I can't figure out who would be so important that they would protect them though.

I used to think maybe it was a relative or friend was at the Christmas party and hid in the house.

It does sound, after having read that link, that Patsy could have written the ransom letter.

So maybe someone in the house accidentally killed her and that person is being protected. Just throw the body in the little basement room with the broken window so that it would look like an intruder had broken in. John had broken that window intentionally to get in when he forgot his house keys a few weeks previously so they would have known about that window and it would have been fresh in their memories.

Make it look like a hanging when really someone strangled her accidentally. I always thought there was sexual abuse so that would account for someone either breaking in or hiding in the house the night of the party.

But now people are saying there was NO sexual abuse? So there is no motive? Then it must have been an accident and whoever did it is being protected. Confusing.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,990,042 times
Look at the situation with that Smart girl. Nobody knew who would do THAT, either. It turned out to be some creep either masquerading or delusional to think he was a religious prophet. Who can contemplate all the varieties of mental illness there is in the world among humans? With the Smarts they could find no one, so they suspected the parents. It is just a sick way of trying to place blame because the alternative, not knowing, is even worse for both the police and the public.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 2 days ago)

8,820 posts, read 21,299,824 times
What about the brother? He always appeared a little strange to me.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 09-16-2010, 09:34 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,587,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Hes well into his 20s now. I'll have to google him. If there were any cover up this would be it. Seriously though, I doubt it.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:45 PM

26,768 posts, read 26,890,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Hes well into his 20s now. I'll have to google him. If there were any cover up this would be it. Seriously though, I doubt it.
So do I. " 'From the results of new DNA samples secured and tested at Bode Technology Group in Lorton, Va, using the DNA technology called “touch” analysis, which was not available in 1996, a genetic profile was found which belongs to a male and does not belong to anyone in the Ramsey family,' the Boulder district attorney’s office said in a statement in 2008. 'The unexplained third party DNA on the clothing of the victim is very significant and powerful evidence.' "
Family cleared in JonBenet Ramsey

Old 09-17-2010, 05:20 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,518,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Ah Ha finally someone that shares the same thought that I do. I have always had a feeling about the brother. I wonder sometimes if it was him and the family covered it up. I guess we will never really know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.