Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2010, 05:55 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,037,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
So do I. " 'From the results of new DNA samples secured and tested at Bode Technology Group in Lorton, Va, using the DNA technology called “touch” analysis, which was not available in 1996, a genetic profile was found which belongs to a male and does not belong to anyone in the Ramsey family,' the Boulder district attorney’s office said in a statement in 2008. 'The unexplained third party DNA on the clothing of the victim is very significant and powerful evidence.' "
Family cleared in JonBenet Ramsey
I am so glad the entire family was exonerated. I never suspected them and thought it a sin that in such great mourning they had to be hit with this campaign that pointed fingers at them. It was embarrassing to watch and reminded me of those crowds of villagers with pitchforks and torches out to get Frankenstein. I think people who have some degree of wealth and education are frequently looked at suspiciously by the public when wrongdoing is found.

The Smarts went through this witch-hunt, too. Well, I guess having different opinions makes for a more interesting world.

I would feel so guilty to right-out accuse such people and then find I was wrong. I would also pray to God to keep me off juries.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:44 PM

24,165 posts, read 32,752,274 times
You know I have always and will always think that the parents were somehow involved.
I have always thought that P liked attention - even vicarious attention.
I think that it was some premutation oh Munchousen's Syndrome By Proxy.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:10 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,002,297 times
It was definitely someone that the parents knew...family friend or even possibly the brother. Only three people know Jon Benet, her murderer, and the great big spirit in the sky.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:15 AM

26,667 posts, read 28,908,995 times
Now the Boulder police are taking a second look and they want to speak with the brother to see if he remembers anything. He now lives in Atlanta, has graduated from college. What about the other brother? The half brother by the husband's first marriage?

I've always thought the parents were protecting SOMEONE. Someone they love. Not just a friend but a relative. Who?

Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,667,847 times
Break Emerging in JonBenet Ramsey Case? - The Early Show - CBS News

(CBS) An expert on the JonBenet murder case says his sources confirm reports that investigators in Boulder, Colo. would like to speak again to her older brother, Burke Ramsey, in case he saw something at the time that could help them connect some newly-surfaced dots now.

JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / Burke Ramsey

Last edited by virgode; 10-01-2010 at 06:46 PM..

Old 10-03-2010, 01:37 AM

296 posts, read 521,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Now the Boulder police are taking a second look and they want to speak with the brother to see if he remembers anything. He now lives in Atlanta, has graduated from college. What about the other brother? The half brother by the husband's first marriage?

I've always thought the parents were protecting SOMEONE. Someone they love. Not just a friend but a relative. Who?
The older half brother was John Andrew Ramsey. He's from John's first marriage. He was in Atlanta when the murder was committed and was cleared in 1997. There are people who are suspicious of him however since the Ramsey's neighbor said he said John Andrew walking towards the house on 12/25. It later came out that John Andrew was in Atlanta. So who was the guy? Was it John Andrew? Was it someone else? Or was the neighbor just mistaken? Also, since John Andrew is not Patsy's biological child and was a 20-year-old adult, if he did kill JonBenet, why would Patsy put herself through media hell to predict him? I could see protecting Burke but I would not understand protecting some 20-year-old from your husband's first marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
You know I have always and will always think that the parents were somehow involved.
I have always thought that P liked attention - even vicarious attention.
I think that it was some premutation oh Munchousen's Syndrome By Proxy.
On another forum, someone has a theory that JonBenet died accidentally and Patsy staged it to make it look like a murder because she didn't want her extraordinary child to die an ordinary death. Would we be talking about JonBenet 14 years later if she fell down the stairs and died? Of course not. But a ransom note with a body in the basement of a million dollar house will certainly make the news.

I've also heard theories about how Patsy killed JonBenet but it was premeditated so JonBenet would never get old and would never get ugly; she'll forever be a 6-year-old beauty queen.

Yes, there are definitely people who think Patsy enjoyed knowing JonBenet was a household name and was on countless magazine covers even if it was for a horrible thing that happened to her.

Last edited by traveler92; 10-03-2010 at 01:49 AM..

Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,499,692 times
I don't know who killed Jon Benet, but when I read an article that stated that at least 250 people probably had access to the home, between workers, and people who had come there for parties, business, ect...I could not believe it. I now guard my house keys, don't have extras on an open key board in the kitchen. I don't have people over to my home for parties, have a party at a resturant. I have increased my home safety due to these tragic situations. At least it created an awareness of how no one is safe any place. Same as Polly Klass, who was stolen out of her own home as well.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:52 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,257,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't know who killed Jon Benet, but when I read an article that stated that at least 250 people probably had access to the home, between workers, and people who had come there for parties, business, ect...I could not believe it. I now guard my house keys, don't have extras on an open key board in the kitchen. I don't have people over to my home for parties, have a party at a resturant. I have increased my home safety due to these tragic situations. At least it created an awareness of how no one is safe any place. Same as Polly Klass, who was stolen out of her own home as well.
Same with Elizabeth Smart. If there is anything to be learned from the Elizabeth Smart case, it is to NEVER give strangers odd jobs around your house. The Smarts probably thought they were doing charitable work by giving Mitchell work to do in their home--with disastrous consequences.

Also to keep home security a priority.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:15 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,667,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post

I've also heard theories about how Patsy killed JonBenet but it was premeditated so JonBenet would never get old and would never get ugly; she'll forever be a 6-year-old beauty queen.

You think

Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,731,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post

On another forum, someone has a theory that JonBenet died accidentally and Patsy staged it to make it look like a murder because she didn't want her extraordinary child to die an ordinary death. Would we be talking about JonBenet 14 years later if she fell down the stairs and died? Of course not. But a ransom note with a body in the basement of a million dollar house will certainly make the news.

Yes, there are definitely people who think Patsy enjoyed knowing JonBenet was a household name and was on countless magazine covers even if it was for a horrible thing that happened to her.
You never know what's inside someone else's mind. Everyone has a "personna", but only those closest to the person might know the truth. But, I've never heard that theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime