Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 06:48 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,067,879 times

Advertisements

There was the disappearance of that one little girl, an infant, I think in Florida, the parents had left the garage door open, and there was a dog in the house. Can't remember the names. They all went to bed and the next morning the little girl was just gone. Never has been found.

The parents claim they never heard a thing.....that one made me suspicious of the parents. An intruder supposedly came in through the garage, made it all the way to the infants room and out again and not a peep out of the dog?

All of the families I have ever known, including my own, the family dogs are especially protective of the children. Parents don't dare try to give a spanking with the dog around!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:39 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,395,509 times
What was with that weird guy who "confessed" to killing Jon Benet? Why would anyone want to confess to such a horrible crime, especially if they did not do it...weird and strange. On Patsy Ramsey, a side note, I do think cancer is related to stress and grief, same as with the late Mrs. Edwards. Money cannot buy everything. I would rather be poor with live children, than rich with a dead child. I will never believe that Patsy Ramsey killed her daughter. Cover up? Maybe...but only for her son.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
What was with that weird guy who "confessed" to killing Jon Benet? Why would anyone want to confess to such a horrible crime, especially if they did not do it...weird and strange. On Patsy Ramsey, a side note, I do think cancer is related to stress and grief, same as with the late Mrs. Edwards. Money cannot buy everything. I would rather be poor with live children, than rich with a dead child. I will never believe that Patsy Ramsey killed her daughter. Cover up? Maybe...but only for her son.
That guy was a real piece of work, last I heard he was doing the sex change thing to become a woman.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM

Here is a link :

John Mark Karr Gets Sex Change: Report

Old 02-06-2011, 05:46 AM

4,726 posts, read 4,432,782 times
Annie the family in Florida- was Isenberg or something like that. I remember the mother in that case also seemed to be crying/speaking in the Susan Smith style. I recall the parents were wiretapped and they said some strange things, but I dont know if it was more than strange. I think they were originally from Maryland and moved back there. That was one bizarre case. They otherwise seemed extremely normal, regular, respectable etc. But how does an infant leave the house unnoticed?
And the Ramsey case had me totally wondering... I sadly think that it will never be solved.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 AM

Yes, Isenberg.......THAT was the case I was talking about.

Thanks Mayvenne!

Old 02-06-2011, 05:41 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,395,509 times
She was a beautiful little girl with so much potential. I wonder, in the house...when my kids were small I was a hyper mom on locking doors. Securing the house each night, checking everyone in bed, bringing the dogs in. I always made sure everyone had a cell phone, knew where they were, who they were with...I mean, I just don't understand people leaving doors unlocked, at night...like that little girl in FL, was stolen by a pervert in her room. Just don't get it. Are those random crimes, or do these people get identified as easy targets? Creepy.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:17 PM

26,764 posts, read 26,875,608 times
Quote:
I wonder, in the house.... I always made sure everyone had a cell phone...I mean, I just don't understand people leaving doors unlocked, at night....
She was killed long before cell phones were common. Boulder is a fairly safe town. (My parents never locked our doors when we were growing up, either--however foolish that sounds.) I, too, don't understand why they haven't tracked down the killer, though. The police really bungled this case.

And for posters who say that the killer was within the family, come on: read this (entire) thread before you post.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:23 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,174,701 times
Quote:
Yes. It would be interesting to compare crime rates of homes with dogs vs. homes without dogs. Did Polly Klaas have a dog? I don't know.
No. Not inside the home, at any rate.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,987,214 times
Yes, police say a dog is the one best thing to do. Even a small dog will warn you that there is a problem and many villains will flee if they thing adults are being wakened. My mom in law, when young in Europe, was out walking her dog - no leash laws then. It was high grass and she met the proverbial man in a raincoat. He flashed her and the dog, who he had not seen in the high grass, grabbed him you know where. Nature's justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime