Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 02:54 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,630,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Seriously? That is interesting. What is your job? You will be my inspiration from now on.
Political consultant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 02:56 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,630,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
You must stink to high heaven. Don't you ever wash your clothes?
It's called laundry. The vast majority of hotels have laundry facilities.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:19 PM

50,583 posts, read 64,610,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I agree. I don't have a problem with having to check a bag. I find that by the time I get off the plane, use the restroom, and walk from the gate area to the baggage claim the bags from my plane are either coming out or have all been delivered.
Me neither. Give the suitcase to a guy at the drop off, give him $5. and pick it up in baggage at my destination. Who needs to haul a bag around?

Old 04-08-2015, 03:22 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,854,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
I do it many many times.
When I go to Asia, I usually only bring carry-ons. And then I will buy everything (including the suitcase) there. ;D. After all, what is the enjoyment of traveling if you do not buy knick knacks and what not. ( Yes i am a shopping addict ;D)
!
You aren't the only one. It gotten to the point that when i travel with my sister we have to pack a duffel bag just to bring back the deals that we find and on several occasions we have had to buy an additional suitcase to accommodate our finds. We're about to take our first trip to Europe and I'm scared to see what will happen. Thankfully we each get two free checked bags

Old 04-08-2015, 03:31 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,688,936 times
I always travel light. I prefer a duffel bag for the stow-a-way because it is easier to cram away in spaces a harder piece of luggage wont fit. I have ways of folding/rolling up stuff that I think saves space too, but it might be my imagination
I will wash stuff in the Hotel shower too. Who cares? Its traveling, an adventure!

Old 04-08-2015, 03:35 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,258,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
You aren't the only one. It gotten to the point that when i travel with my sister we have to pack a duffel bag just to bring back the deals that we find and on several occasions we have had to buy an additional suitcase to accommodate our finds. We're about to take our first trip to Europe and I'm scared to see what will happen. Thankfully we each get two free checked bags
I'm just the opposite. I might buy a silk scarf or jewelry, but otherwise I don't buy souvenirs. I hate clutter. The trinkets I buy can easily fit into my bags. I never pack them that full.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:02 PM

16,330 posts, read 7,246,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
I never understood why checking in baggage is considered such a " hassle"

What really is a "hassle" is waiting to board or exit an airplane and being held up people trying to stuff/retrieve their big bags they are cramming into the overhead storage.
i agree. but i want to avoid the check in fee on Virgin so this time doing a carry on for a 5 day trip. if it is longer i don't like rotating the same stuff over and over so i will pay the fee.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:55 PM

520 posts, read 605,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I prefer it, whether for a 3 days trip or a 21+ days trip. I hate the hassle that's associated with checking bags, whether or not my ticket includes a "free" checked bag(s). I've had bags delayed, lost, etc. I just like getting off the plane and heading straight to customs/the exist without having to collect a bag. Plus, I don't trust all of the baggage handlers.
Same here. I hate waiting at the baggage carousel. Although if I do some shopping during my travels (which is rarely), I do sometimes check my bag on the return trip.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,428,355 times
I have done it and a couple of times ran out of clean underwear and t-shirts. Washing wasn't convenient so I just went to the nearest store and bought some underwear and t-shirts to last me. It was only a few bucks. I wouldn't want to do that all the time though.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:32 PM

30,786 posts, read 18,556,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
Same here. I hate waiting at the baggage carousel. Although if I do some shopping during my travels (which is rarely), I do sometimes check my bag on the return trip.
What really sucks for those who do have to do the baggage carousel is that this is where bags are being stolen by professional thieves pretending to be the luggage owners. There are always stories about that. While this isn't such a problem for those people who get to the carousel before they release the bags, it could be for those people (usually, those people in the back of the plane on a large jet) who arrive after the release.

And I'm the same way if I have done some serious shopping (which is just about never as I like to spend my money on food, etc., and only purchase small items for the family, etc.), but I try to avoid that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel