Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:27 PM

154 posts, read 606,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbtovar View Post
i'm looking at buying a property on parkside, 43607. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me if it is an ok neighborhood. I'm from laredo, texas so i'm used to a little gettoh areas but i dont want to be in the center of all the crime either.
I think you'll be near the edge. Parkside is close to Detroit Ave and is close to the center of the city, but you will be near the university too. I used to work in central Toledo and used to go up and down Parkside everyday. I never had a problem the whole time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 03:27 PM

151 posts, read 414,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnytimeAnywhere View Post
I think you'll be near the edge. Parkside is close to Detroit Ave and is close to the center of the city, but you will be near the university too. I used to work in central Toledo and used to go up and down Parkside everyday. I never had a problem the whole time.
I work in central Toledo now and drive down Nebraska every day with no problem, but that's totally different from living around there. Parkside is better than what's between Detroit and I-75, but it's also where the neighborhood starts turning from student ghetto into real ghetto. I would take a drive through there at night to see what it's really like before I even thought about buying property there.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:12 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbtovar View Post
i'm looking at buying a property on parkside, 43607. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me if it is an ok neighborhood. I'm from laredo, texas so i'm used to a little gettoh areas but i dont want to be in the center of all the crime either.
Thats actually where i grew up, Im not too familiar with Texas, but comin from someone whose lived in some of the roughest areas in Chicago, IL; that area is a little more than just a lil ghetto. I know that area very well and I think someone mentioned its different from driving thru there versus living there... No its not the roughest part of town, but its up there. The closer you are to bancroft the better, on my side by Dorr street, I wouldnt risk it, I still know people over there and if your new to the area and you dont know anyone over there already, they're breaking into your house the next day. Trust me Ive seen it. Again its not the roughest, but anything you can think of that relates to inner city problems from drugs, to shootings and home invasions, it happens over there.... Especially on the side of parkside where the next block is Evesham and Woodstock aka Hoodstock 1100, its not too welcoming.... Thats why we left....

Old 09-13-2009, 06:57 PM

32 posts, read 92,182 times
Toledo is all bad

Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,927,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasfanforever View Post
Toledo is all bad
Exaggerate much?

Maybe 1/4 of Toledo is considered a "bad" area.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:18 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,766,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Exaggerate much?

Maybe 1/4 of Toledo is considered a "bad" area.
I would have to agree with you.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:54 PM

has any one watched the news the last fews days toledo is only known for bad things like the nazi march got bad press for that would you what to come as a tourist no cause there is nothing to see.this is not a vaction area like i said i travel a lot toledo ant nothing cause if any one cared we would of had the marina distrect already.but instead all i see is empty buildings not just down town every where.when i come home from a trip iam sad cause iam coming back to nothing.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:08 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,927,921 times
Quote:
has any one watched the news the last fews days toledo is only known for bad things like the nazi march got bad press for that would you what to come as a tourist no cause there is nothing to see.this is not a vaction area like i said i travel a lot toledo ant nothing cause if any one cared we would of had the marina distrect already.but instead all i see is empty buildings not just down town every where.when i come home from a trip iam sad cause iam coming back to nothing.
Please, just quit already.

You've already been exposed as a troll, you have all of 8 posts and every one of them is completely exaggerating about the bad in Toledo and bashing it. You said "Toledo is all bad". You have no clue what you're talking about and you speak as if you live in these bad areas, you live in the 43613 area code, that's far from a bad area.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:30 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,891 times
Quote:
Toledo is all bad
No it aint....

Old 09-15-2009, 04:37 PM

iam not a troll i lived in toledo all my life thank you very much how long have you lived here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo