Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 PM

11 posts, read 44,313 times

Advertisements

Toledos arson rate Is 3x Higher Per person Then Detroit's In 09 and is the highest arson rate in 2011

Toledo: www.city-data.com/city/toledo-ohio.HTML

Detroit: www.city data.com/city/detroit-michigan.HTML

Also look at the theft rate Toledos theft rate is higher and there burglary rate per person is higher if you add it up over the 11 years

Idk if any of you really care or know but my dad used to be a notorious drug dealer in Toledo he was on a 8 year case and had to pay a 350,000 dollar bond to get out of jail and he still did 3 years of time and he said Toledo is the middle of all the drugs that's where everything meets Detroit is right above Dayton's right under cincinattis right u der anc d Cleveland is right across that's where all the major deals go o. Is in the middle (Toledo) or if you have to drop off a body you have any of those 4 cities to drop it off at the most popular is Detroit cuz of its high murder rate my dad said he had numerous occasions were he's heard of friend dropping off that's why you see Cleveland man found in Toledo or Toledo man found dead in Detroit cuz its the middle of everything.

This is just one of the many cases of dumping body's of to somewhere different

Alton Coleman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy was a big killer and would kill people and dump there body's off to a close city under July 1984 he killed a woman from Toledo anda dumped her body in cincinatti.and also under it says man of Dayton found dead in downtown Cincinnatti just another case like I said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 08:27 PM

374 posts, read 1,124,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
There has been no increase in crime in Pittsburgh since the beginning of the recession. Pittsburgh has fared better than most cities during the recession and currently has a 6.8% unemployment rate. I'm not sure who your friend in Pittsburgh is, but they sound like Chicken Little.
US Cities Crime Rates and Murder Rates, Gangs, Cities Populations, and more.: Pittsburgh's 2010 murder rate increases 41 percent, with 55 in 2010, While violent crime overall drops.

Pittsburgh had 55 in 2010, don't know how much yall had last year... Thats an increase from 2009... Also, the recession technically began in 2007... Pittsburgh had 79 in 2008.

Pittsburgh nightclub shuts its doors in wake of fatal shooting - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

My friend was actually at the club when this happened with her friends. I'm glad she is alive, but events like this happens too often, plus her best friend resides in one of the most dangerous areas of Pittsburgh... I think she has a good reason to tell me about how bad the crime is in her city especially being I'm not from there.... If that sounds like Chicken little to you then maybe you need to stay in Mayberry.... Just sayin... Its not Iraq, but Pittsburgh nor Toledo is a walk in the park...

Old 01-17-2012, 03:40 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virraszto View Post
Was wondering if any of you people who know Toledo could point out the bad areas for me. My husband and I recently moved nearby. We once had an urge for a White Castle, ( ok, no gutbomber jokes...lol We are Michiganians ) and we went on the internet, found the address and drove there. In the dark. We could tell the further we drove, the worse the neighborhood looked. We had to turn around on a side street and we were ran out of the area (literally!) by lots of folks just standing on the streets, drinking, talking etc.

I don't want to unknowingly go into any more bad neighborhoods, during the day or at night. Mapquest doesn't tell you if it's a good neighborhood or a bad one, unfortunately. The White Castle was off Cherry St and E. Bancroft. I can safely assume that is not a neighborhood I want to go to again.

Can anyone help?
I had moved to Toledo area because of college last year. And I've been where you were plenty of times...those people are not going to bother you. They are just poor...the most they will do is ask you for change. And I am a young, single girl, and used to go there many times and no one bothered or tried to rob me. (I am African American so maybe that has something to do with it)

I just feel like a lot of people often exaggerate and make it seem like African Americans in poor areas are going to pull out their guns and start shooting at you. No, they're not, I've been in many areas that are considered poor & dangerous--never been robbed, never been raped, or anything like that. The only thing that is annoying is the "Ma'am you got some change?" and I just tell them "no, I dont have any" and I get into my car and drive away. Or sometimes, at a gas station you will come out the store and see a homeless guy pumping gas for you...irritating cause you feel pressured to give him a dollar or two.

I know threads like this has a lot to do with race, and White people get all scared when they're in areas that are predominantly black & poor...it's just that it gets on my nerves how they talk about how scared they were and had to speed out the area..just exaggerating..because I have frequented the same areas and nothing ever happens.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:58 AM

11 posts, read 44,313 times
@nyanna Half Of Toledos White N Liv On All Sides What Does Color Have To Do Wit Anythin? N White People Get Scared? You Act Lykk Its All Blacc Crime....
Well There Mexican And Whites In Toledo Do You Think There Jus All Angels?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,061 times
The North end of Toledo is majority bad however, some neighborhoods close to Manhatten and Mulberry are quiet and kept up. The entire South end is bad, and majority of the west end is bad. Although, The Old West End has its good parts and by UT near Parkside is actually not so bad. The East side of Toledo has its nice parts, however stay away from Earl street, the Weiler Homes are similar to Compton!! Just like any other city, you have your rough parts but Toledo is definately not Detroit, Compton, or LA.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:36 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,987,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Mentos View Post
The North end of Toledo is majority bad however, some neighborhoods close to Manhatten and Mulberry are quiet and kept up. The entire South end is bad, and majority of the west end is bad. Although, The Old West End has its good parts and by UT near Parkside is actually not so bad. The East side of Toledo has its nice parts, however stay away from Earl street, the Weiler Homes are similar to Compton!! Just like any other city, you have your rough parts but Toledo is definately not Detroit, Compton, or LA.

That's such an outlandish thing to say that it's hardly worth the effort to argue against. The west end and south end are home to the Bowsher and Start feeder patterns, which by pretty much all measures are the best schools in the city. That's relevant because families choose to live where there are decent schools, and decent schools means fewer teenage thugs stealing your car radio or whatever.

You can't just completely ignore neighborhoods like Beverly, Harvard, Terrace, and Crossgates and write off the entire south end as bad. Those neighborhoods are undeniably nice. There are other south end neighborhoods that are debatable and have a few issues, but would still be considered nice enough by many. I actually don't know the names of west end neighborhoods well enough to call them out, but there are nice areas on that side of town, too. The area off of Berdan, between Sylvania and Monroe springs to mind.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 6,047 times
Default Bad ares Parkside to stickn & Neberska & Detroit to citypark to downtown to stickckneyto lagrange back to collingwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by virraszto View Post
Was wondering if any of you people who know Toledo could point out the bad areas for me. My husband and I recently moved nearby. We once had an urge for a White Castle, ( ok, no gutbomber jokes...lol We are Michiganians ) and we went on the internet, found the address and drove there. In the dark. We could tell the further we drove, the worse the neighborhood looked. We had to turn around on a side street and we were ran out of the area (literally!) by lots of folks just standing on the streets, drinking, talking etc.

I don't want to unknowingly go into any more bad neighborhoods, during the day or at night. Mapquest doesn't tell you if it's a good neighborhood or a bad one, unfortunately. The White Castle was off Cherry St and E. Bancroft. I can safely assume that is not a neighborhood I want to go to again.

Can anyone help?
Bad ares East to West Parkside to Stickney Ave
from North and South, At the Anthony Trail to Berdan about a 12 miles radius. I do not go into white castle or the grocery store there..There are a few descent are though out these areas but you must find them.
if you don't get this it is because the it won't let me post it. It said my message is to short but it won't let me type any more.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:24 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,186,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I had moved to Toledo area because of college last year. And I've been where you were plenty of times...those people are not going to bother you. They are just poor...the most they will do is ask you for change. And I am a young, single girl, and used to go there many times and no one bothered or tried to rob me. (I am African American so maybe that has something to do with it)

I just feel like a lot of people often exaggerate and make it seem like African Americans in poor areas are going to pull out their guns and start shooting at you. No, they're not, I've been in many areas that are considered poor & dangerous--never been robbed, never been raped, or anything like that. The only thing that is annoying is the "Ma'am you got some change?" and I just tell them "no, I dont have any" and I get into my car and drive away. Or sometimes, at a gas station you will come out the store and see a homeless guy pumping gas for you...irritating cause you feel pressured to give him a dollar or two.

I know threads like this has a lot to do with race, and White people get all scared when they're in areas that are predominantly black & poor...it's just that it gets on my nerves how they talk about how scared they were and had to speed out the area..just exaggerating..because I have frequented the same areas and nothing ever happens.
Toledoan shot in central city during botched robbery - Toledo Blade

Old 05-23-2012, 04:30 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,218,957 times
Toledo bad areas are nothin compared to cincinnati bad areas. just saying

Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,969 times
I have a problem with the black lady saying white people are scared to go into the poor black area's. I've gone into the real bad neighborhoods and not one black person stopped me or even said a word to me as I was going by.Black is black and white is white. There's people that do not take care of their property and they can be white or black. The neighborhood I live in has gone down. I moved away for three years and when my wife and I moved back I couldn't believe how its gone down. Now there's been black people that live in the neighborhood. Some of the black people that take care of their property better than the white people and there are some black people who doesn't take care of their property. I honestly do not care what the color is, all I want is everyone take care of their own property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Toledo