Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 09:58 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,970,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
none of the beauty of Houston, Dallas, Austin, or Atlanta matches up with my homestate of Colorado. They have Grand blue Mountains, Clear blue skies, and just beautiful scenery all around. I'm hardly impressed by Austin or Atlanta's hills, but they are pretty in their own right.

I know someone is going to ask me why i left. Well, i lived there my whole life and after so long, you take things for granted like Mountains, hills, and things like that. I wanted to live around more different kinds of people. I know Denver has alot of what these other cities have, but diversity isn't one of its stronger points. That was important to me at the time.
well there are different types of beauty. People like different things. I do love Colorado. love driving through the state late in Spring.

But it is far too different to be compared.

I love Seattle a whole lot, but I would only compare it to like cities, because the likes there are different from the likes somewhere else.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:01 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,852,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
exactly resorting to name calling so easily shows that you are the one who is hurt.
only if i called you a name that didn't apply. i was utterly confused by what you were saying, so it was apparent that you were indeed acting like an "imbecile". i'll admit that i do get frustrated when my words are taken out of context or i'm accused of being a liar, but trust that i won't be losing any sleep over our exchange. when i log out, it's back to reality, where people actually make sense

so keep telling yourself that i have no clue what i'm talking about. but i should inform you that continuing to say it won't magically make it true. i know that i've been all over houston, but i obviously can't convince you of that, so there's nothing i can do about that. it isn't my problem

Quote:
What is shows is that you were wrong, you are often wrong, and your excessive reliance on google maps combined with your frequency of being wrong destroys your credibility where Houston is concerned.

based on that what makes it not ugly is your opinion that it is. Since we can't trust your opinion then the house must be rather beautiful.

I think it is anyway. they got a bad angle of the house. I warned you yesterday that google maps often have pics taken at distorting angles.

and no it is on the southern edge of 3rd ward. you go back across the bridge and you are in 3rd ward.

I will try to snap some pics of the house later. It is rather attractive when taken from a normal angle
you think that house is beautiful?!....ummm, okay

the "official" boundaries of riverside terrace are almeda, north macgregor, scott, and wheeler. that intersection i posted lies just south of those boundaries, so for the purposes of speaking generally and considering that most people don't know the exact boundaries, that is riverside terrace

Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,629 times
**Sigh***This thread is getting out of hand.

Htownlove, let it go. I stopped trying to argue with him long time ago because he's right, you can't argue someone's opinion, no matter how uninformed it might be.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
only if i called you a name that didn't apply. i was utterly confused by what you were saying, so it was apparent that you were indeed acting like an "imbecile". i'll admit that i do get frustrated when my words are taken out of context or i'm accused of being a liar, but trust that i won't be losing any sleep over our exchange. when i log out, it's back to reality, where people actually make sense

so keep telling yourself that i have no clue what i'm talking about. but i should inform you that continuing to say it won't magically make it true. i know that i've been all over houston, but i obviously can't convince you of that, so there's nothing i can do about that. it isn't my problem

you think that house is beautiful?!....ummm, okay

the "official" boundaries of riverside terrace are almeda, north macgregor, scott, and wheeler. that intersection i posted lies just south of those boundaries, so for the purposes of speaking generally and considering that most people don't know the exact boundaries, that is riverside terrace
Like I just said, you are touchy, you have bad tastes, you lack knowledge about the city, and your ignorance combined with your reliance on tools that do not help at all makes arguing with you useless.

Heck if you are irritated by palm tree what won't you be irritated by?

and if you don't think that that is a nice house, then my point is backed up once again a hundred times over.

Your tastes leave much to be desired.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Htownlove, let it go. I stopped trying to argue with him long time ago because he's right, you can't argue someone's opinion, no matter how uninformed it might be.
uninformed? how's that?.....oh, nevermind. this is coming from another houston booster. see, i don't find most of houston attractive, so i've never been there. that's the way it works with you all

i found it interesting that you never bothered to respond when i corrected you for putting words in my mouth. is it because you couldn't say anything?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:

yeah, I am done, matching wits with an unarmed man is only fun after a couple of drinks.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:11 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,846,154 times
All please Al Green is right on the money and one of the least bias poster on this forum...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Like I just said, you are touchy, you have bad tastes, you lack knowledge about the city, and your ignorance combined with your reliance on tools that do not help at all makes arguing with you useless.
if i can't use google maps to give examples, what else am i supposed to use? do you want me to come pick you up and drive you around houston?

Quote:
Heck if you are irritated by palm tree what won't you be irritated by?
i'm irritated by tackiness

Quote:
and if you don't think that that is a nice house, then my point is backed up once again a hundred times over.

Your tastes leave much to be desired.
that "home" is butt ugly. deal with it

Old 11-30-2010, 10:15 AM

Keep Houston Ugly | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattlandry/3297794841/ - broken link)

Old 11-30-2010, 10:16 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,231,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
All please Al Green is right on the money and one of the least bias poster on this forum.
Yeah; I'm not really understanding why htown and stone are getting upset. Seriously......Houston isn't exactly an attractive city. I wouldn't say it's ugly, but attractiveness is not one of its strongest parts. But that's OK though because we make up for it in other areas.

It's not what's on the outside, but what's on the inside. That's all that counts.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas