Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
These are prefect examples of a city with zoning and a city without zoning. Which do you prefer?
Houston's of course.

The Houston Picture was taken from a further distance, and yet the buildings look similar in height. That is because Houston has a longer and taller skyline combo.

The entire left half of that Dallas pic is boring (from that Horrid bridge going left).

Dallas skyline is waaaaaay overrated when purely looking at it building for building.

Yeah Dallas overdoes the electricity bills at night and stuff, but Houston's skylines and buildings are far more impressive.

but lol, what would you know? you are from FW, we have secondary and tertiary skylines that trump FW's

Old 11-30-2010, 09:16 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I get the same vibe when I go to West Fort Worth around downtown, cultural district, zoo, Trinity Park, TCU area now...It just has this sophistication and maturity about it now.
Hated living in Waco and couldn't wait to get out, but when I go back for breaks; I don't even wanna come back to Houston sometimes lol

I don't know if it's just being around family and missing everybody or the growth and progress Waco has made over the past few years since I been gone.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:17 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
don't be silly I am always right.

I don't have to make you look bad, you don't know the city and act like you do so that is what is making you bad
you are being so childish right now. it's obvious that your ego is bruised, so your lashing out. it's so funny that no matter how much i tell you that i've been all over houston, you'll insist that i haven't, simply because i'm not enamored with it just like you are. do you realize how pathetic you sound?

Quote:
Well duh Sherlock, why would I rep you for saying something messed up?
i'm saying the validity of my posts has nothing to do with you repping me. you're the type to only rep somebody if you like what they said. not if it was valid or not

Quote:
nope as stated it is an erroneous statement passing off as a fact.

The more accurate phrase would be " I have not seen anything in Houston as beautiful as Chastain Park"

That my friend is an opinion. Don't give me that subjective crap, you would get less pressure if you were not trying to disguise you so called opinions as facts, erroneous comments will get corrected on CD
you imbecile. this entire time i've done nothing but maintained that these were simply my OPINIONS. are you blind? or is it that you just have selective vision?

of course what i'm saying is not fact because it can easily be disputed. please don't insult my intelligence ever again

Old 11-30-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Yeah, isn't that what i said in that last post?

So what?

Just because i 've been on here for that time doesn't mean i was a frequent poster. I've probably post more now and within the last 2 years than i ever had. I never understood the rep points. This is the only site that does that!

Thanks for the rep BTW
No you didn't say that :P you said you were here long, but I didn't read it was 4 years till after I had repped ya. what have you been doing all this time??? lol

The rep points are a way of encouraging nonsense talkers to talk more nonsense

anyway you are welcome.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
they were the best examples i felt like finding at that time, but i'm not going to spend all night on google maps trying to prove something to people who are determined to disagree with me anyway
lol, save your time

Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

Ya'll know Algreen has an obsession with trees (even though he won't admit it). Personally; I think the Piedmont area is overrated in beauty; I hate the claustrophobic feel I get there with all the heavy tree coverage. I think the Hill Country area is the best looking area in Texas and prefer it over the piedmont area.
whatever. i guess it's not possible to love something without being obsessed with it

Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 AM

i wish i could say that i'm just now starting to see what everybody else in the forums sees when they say many houstonians are sensitive and suffer from an inferiority complex, but i'd be lying. i've always known this; i just pretended i didn't

Old 11-30-2010, 09:23 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
whatever. i guess it's not possible to love something without being obsessed with it
I'm just messing with you Al! You know you cool and I love your music.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
you are being so childish right now. it's obvious that your ego is bruised, so your lashing out. it's so funny that no matter how much i tell you that i've been all over houston, you'll insist that i haven't, simply because i'm not enamored with it just like you are. do you realize how pathetic you sound?
lol, you are being childish being so butt hut, lol. you have bad tastes, then you have bad tastes. no shame in that.

Quote:
i'm saying the validity of my posts has nothing to do with you repping me. you're the type to only rep somebody if you like what they said. not if it was valid or not
I rep posts that ARE valid and that I happen to like. no one would rep posts they don't like. you are being silly now.

are you saying that you post invalid posts??? lol

Quote:
you imbecile. this entire time i've done nothing but maintained that these were simply my OPINIONS. are you blind? or is it that you just have selective vision?
touchy touchy are we this morning. Have you had your wheaties??? you know a good breakfast may improve that poor tastes of yours. Maybe then you will stop at Highland Village to shop instead of at sharpstown.

Quote:
of course what i'm saying is not fact because it can easily be disputed. please don't insult my intelligence ever again
I wouldn't have to if you didn't make it so easy.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 AM

htownlove, do you really live in riverside terrace? good god that area has some ugly looking scenes

riverside terrace houston tx - Google Maps

just look at that flat terrain, those sad looking trees, that ugly building, and those disgusting concrete roads....what's funny is that i didn't have search for this. it was the first area i zoomed in on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas