Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 06:24 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I never said that some don't have legitimate gripes, because they do.

I try to treat people as individuals, regardless of ethnicity/skin color--but some make it very difficult to do so. What is between the ears is vastly more important than ethnicity/skin color.
I agree, but it's not so easy to see that when you appear to be agreeing with TexasReb, whose only answer was that black people were the ones screwing everything up.

Black people do have their faults, but that doesn't absolve White people of theirs. That's all I'm saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,883,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I agree, but it's not so easy to see that when you appear to be agreeing with TexasReb, whose only answer was that black people were the ones screwing everything up.

Black people do have their faults, but that doesn't absolve White people of theirs. That's all I'm saying.
I do agree with some of TexasReb's points--no getting around that.

No race/ethnicity/group is without faults. Period.

But the race-baiting and blame games get so OLD.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:48 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
Remember when I took note of how transparent you are? You're too quick to assume that I do not agree with or support any Black conservatives. [
Which black conservatives are they, Naiobi?

Quote:
Who said that race is the "overlooming" issue? I sure didn't.
No, but it sure seems to keep popping up, doesn't it.?

Quote:
Self-sorrow? Please. There are millions of people in the world who think just like you do, and not a single one of them are causing me to lose any sleep. I log off City Data and go back to reality, where I only run into people like you when I go outside Loop 610.
Self sorrow my Texas butt. As I said before, the most self-sorrowful hateful/racist people in the county today seem to be young black males who are actually so ignorant to actually believe their problems in life are because of whitey.

Quote:
It might confuse you to hear that I'm actually happy, and don't spend my days wondering why "The Man" got his foot on my neck. Hell, I can be certain that 75% of the White people that I find myself debating these issues with are less educated and less affluent than I am.
I am happy to hear you are an educated and affluent black man. So who is responsible for your job and the creation of it, all in all?

Quote:
[sarcasm]Oh, no. Please don't make me hear the truth about my people. That might invalidate my whole argument.[/sarcasm]
Who, Naiobi? exactly are...your people?. I thought you were one of those "diversity folks.".

But if you accept the notion of "your people"? Then let's discuss it, ok? I am willing to discuss mine. Your "sarcasm" comment is not really even good "sarcasm". It is a lame attempt to apply the term.

But just so you know? My "people" are Texas/Southern white folks who can, I admit, be very violent...but almost never on strangers. This is totally different than the overwhelming majority of black young men who commit interracial crimes of violence.

Quote:
Do me a favor, though. The next you have a disagreement with THL or anyone else, please don't send me anymore DMs whining about it. I'll only be that much more able to see things from their point of view.
You are the last person in the world who has a case about "whining". Want to share our DM's on public line? I will take you up on it in a heart-beat. Just say so! It will not bother me a bit. Like I say, just call it. Do you honestly think there is anything I have DM'd you about that I have never said to THL in DM's and/or on the forum, for the world to see?

So like I say, Nairobi. Go ahead. If this is a poker game, then just call me, ok?

Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Quote:

But the race-baiting and blame games get so OLD.
This discussion didn't have to end up there at all, though. This topic is about "East Texas Rednecks" and all I did was offer my knowledge on the subject. It's other posters that had a problem accepting it as truth, yet had no problem going off an tangent, reciting the facts from their handbook of "Everything That's Wrong With the Blacks".

Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,776,153 times
Dang, I'm suddenly in the mood for some craw-dads.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:

What are the faults of black people and white people, Nairobi? Can you be a bit more specific in this regard?

Last edited by TexasReb; 08-06-2013 at 10:31 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I've lived in East Texas for over twenty years. I raised my four biracial kids in Tyler. Overall, it was a positive experience, though I would be lying if I said there were NEVER any racial tensions directed at us. But they were minor and more entertaining than distressing. My kids turned out GREAT and by the time they were in high school they were comfortable dating whoever they wanted to. Three of the four are married - one to a guy who is Hispanic (but will be quick to tell you that he's Panamanian and Puerto Rican, from Philly!), one to a "plain vanilla white guy" from Iowa, and one to a Korean girl from Korea. They visit as often as possible and just never have any problems.

I think if you expect problems or go looking for them, you are likely to find OR CREATE them. If you expect the best from people, but prepare for the worst, you'll be fine.

I love East Texas and I love the South and I don't want to live ANYWHERE ELSE! To me, East Texas offers the best of both Texas and my beloved Southern vibe (I'm a native of New Orleans and was raised on the southeast coast).

And yes - there are rednecks in East Texas...and Oregon...and Ohio...and Idaho...and North Carolina...and New York state.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Dang, I'm suddenly in the mood for some craw-dads.
Me too - too bad they're not in season!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,704,044 times
Quote:
No. There ARE illegal aliens, but they aren't the majority of the Hispanic/Mexican-Americans in that county. Many are native-born third and fourth-generation families that I went to school with.

I ran into a couple at the bank the last time I was there. They were in my graduating class, but never left after graduation.
Thanks for telling the truth instead of going along with the loaded question that was obviously asked. I appreciate it.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
No. There ARE illegal aliens, but they aren't the majority of the Hispanic/Mexican-Americans in that county. Many are native-born third and fourth-generation families that I went to school with.

I ran into a couple at the bank the last time I was there. They were in my graduating class, but never left after graduation.
I am not sure if we are not talking past each other. What county are we talking about? *curious*

Last edited by TexasReb; 08-06-2013 at 10:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas