Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,888,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4damoney View Post
They already are in alot of areas. Hispanics are becoming the new majority.
Pretty much, yes. My home county in West Texas is at least 65-70% Hispanic, and has been for several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,622,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Pretty much, yes. My home county in West Texas is at least 65-70% Hispanic, and has been for several years.
And most are illegal aliens, probably, aren't they, TX sis?

Old 08-06-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
And most are illegal aliens, probably, aren't they, TX sis?
No. There ARE illegal aliens, but they aren't the majority of the Hispanic/Mexican-Americans in that county. Many are native-born third and fourth-generation families that I went to school with.

I ran into a couple at the bank the last time I was there. They were in my graduating class, but never left after graduation.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:54 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,354,132 times
Quote:
I am sure you would rather stay on a topic that is getting old and predictable as sunrise and sunset. Too bad you are not going to control it any more.

I have no use for hateful people of any race. But read this one sometime:

FrontPage Magazine - A Slaughter That No One Noticed

Now then? (hopefully you read the link) Who called you the "N" word? So what? I have been called named myself. As have most of us. If you are going to live you life under a pre-notion of being persecuted? Then really, I don't know what to say...other than that maybe you just need to get over something that neither one of us have anything to do with.

As expected, you totally miss the point. What (IMHO) seems to not be grasped is that lots of white people and black conservatives (i.e. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Starr Parker, etc.) are slowly getting sick and tired of this continual topic of "racism.". What is sadly funny (not hahaha funny, but sad), is that some just really don't see/get it.

Nairobi? The worst "racist" attitudes I have ever encountered had been from young black males who blame white people for ever problem in their lives. And why do they? Because they listen to race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who make a good dollar off of it.

It is always easy to believe -- young people -- that someone else is the fault of their own failure. And that failure (I have seen it so often it is sickening) is 99% that the young black males don't care about education nor learning. They think it is "acting white". Simple as that and no sugar-coat is going to change it. I don't understand why people don't listen more to black conservatives who realize and know, than those who make money off the pathetic plight of young black males in large urban communities....

No, you personally are not responsible for how others live their lives. By the same token? Neither am I or any other white person responsible for what happened 150 years ago.
You are incredibly transparent. This discussion isn't about white guilt or black guilt, it's about showing respect and sensitivity towards those who don't look like you.

I was wondering how long it would be before you played the "black conservative" card. "Oh, look, these colored people agree with me, so I must be right." That's quite convenient.

The difference between you and I is that I'm fully capable of admitting that black folks aren't innocent, while you refuse to acknowledge the fact that people of your race continue to play a part in the racial strife that exists in our nation. And, no, I'm not talking about the White liberals you like to pick on. You're the type of person who can see fault everywhere but within.

So, no, "white guilt" isn't the issue; "white myopia" is.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
No doubt, even after whites are the minority by that time.
I doubt I'll live to see that day, but I am glad that I'm around to see your outdated, one-sided ideas steadily fade away to dust.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I doubt I'll live to see that day, but I am glad that I'm around to see your outdated, one-sided ideas steadily fade away to dust.
Being responsible for my own actions is outdated and one-sided?

Not blaming anybody else for my own shortcomings and failings is outdated and one-sided?

OK, whatever. I really don't care what you think of my so-called "outdated, one-sided" ideas. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make my ideas outdated nor one-sided. Take your blinders off, Nairobi.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Being responsible for my own actions is outdated and one-sided?

Not blaming anybody else for my own shortcomings and failings is outdated and one-sided?

OK, whatever. I really don't care what you think of my so-called "outdated, one-sided" ideas. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make my ideas outdated nor one-sided. Take your blinders off, Nairobi.
I also take responsibility for my own actions. What I don't do is put down an entire ethnic group and tell them that they have no legitimate gripes, simply because of the wrongdoings of a few people in that minority group.

Black people know White people FAR better than many of you will ever get to know us. I'm not the one with the blinders on.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:37 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,622,279 times
Quote:
=Nairobi;30842261]You are incredibly transparent. This discussion isn't about white guilt or black guilt, it's about showing respect and sensitivity towards those who don't look like you.
So who is not showing "sensitivity and respect" toward others? All you are doing is lashing out. Funny, that those who so often play the "race card" are the least likely to give a damn about "sensitivity.". They throw the term around...but have no real appreciation of its meaning.

Quote:
I was wondering how long it would be before you played the "black conservative" card. "Oh, look, these colored people agree with me, so I must be right." That's quite convenient.
There is no "black conservative card" to play other than those blacks who don't want to hear it. Or can't stand to hear it. As I said, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Starr Parker, etc...but they just don't matter, do they?

Quote:
The difference between you and I is that I'm fully capable of admitting that black folks aren't innocent, while you refuse to acknowledge the fact that people of your race continue to play a part in the racial strife that exists in our nation. And, no, I'm not talking about the White liberals you like to pick on. You're the type of person who can see fault everywhere but within.
No, what I refuse to go along with is that "race" is the overlooming issue in the country. If you want to put your head in trough of self-sorrow, then do so. I am NOT going to join you in one of Jim Crow white liberal guilt.

Quote:
So, no, "white guilt" isn't the issue; "white myopia" is.
Guess what? Tough shlit. More and more white people are no longer going to cry at night nor worry about it all. Meanwhile? How many black youngsters have murdered others or committed violent crimes in the time it took us to write our exchanges?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
There is no "black conservative card" to play other than those blacks who don't want to hear it. Or can't stand to hear it. As I said, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Starr Parker, etc...but they just don't matter, do they?
Remember when I took note of how transparent you are? You're too quick to assume that I do not agree with or support any Black conservatives.

Quote:
No, what I refuse to go along with is that "race" is the overlooming issue in the country. If you want to put your head in trough of self-sorrow, then do so. I am NOT going to join you in one of Jim Crow white liberal guilt.
Who said that race is the "overlooming" issue? I sure didn't.

Self-sorrow? Please. There are millions of people in the world who think just like you do, and not a single one of them are causing me to lose any sleep. I log off City Data and go back to reality, where I only run into people like you when I go outside Loop 610.

It might confuse you to hear that I'm actually happy, and don't spend my days wondering why "The Man" got his foot on my neck. Hell, I can be certain that 75% of the White people that I find myself debating these issues with are less educated and less affluent than I am.

Quote:
Guess what? Tough shlit. More and more white people are no longer going to cry at night nor worry about it all. Meanwhile? How many black youngsters have murdered others or committed violent crimes in the time it took us to write our exchanges?
[sarcasm]Oh, no. Please don't make me hear the truth about my people. That might invalidate my whole argument.[/sarcasm]

Do me a favor, though. The next you have a disagreement with THL or anyone else, please don't send me anymore DMs whining about it. I'll only be that much more able to see things from their point of view.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I also take responsibility for my own actions. What I don't do is put down an entire ethnic group and tell them that they have no legitimate gripes, simply because of the wrongdoings of a few people in that minority group.

Black people know White people FAR better than many of you will ever get to know us. I'm not the one with the blinders on.
I never said that some don't have legitimate gripes, because they do.

I try to treat people as individuals, regardless of ethnicity/skin color--but some make it very difficult to do so. What is between the ears is vastly more important than ethnicity/skin color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas