Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,952,048 times

Advertisements

I wish I lived next to a redneck. Those people will fix stuff for you in exchange for a Bud Light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 07:05 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Yes, I have been to the Northeast, and I am aware that they have their own racial issues.

Why people always have to divert the blame towards another region of the country or point out reverse racism is beyond me. Why can't we just focus on the topic?
Because a comparison is a very relevant part of the larger topic. Divert the blame? Who the hell is diverting the blame?...if in fact there is any "blame" for anything at all

What is the basis of comparison that East Texas being stacked up against? Or Texas? Or the South at large being compared to? Is it the West Coast and/or Northeast?

I am not interested in wallowing in historical guilt hog-slop...I want to know what is the basis of comparison at ANY time in history when it comes to such subjects, and it seems to apply, does it not?

Last edited by TexasReb; 08-05-2013 at 07:53 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
=Blackscorpion;30828075]thanks Nairobi, it's good to see that someone tells the truth here.
I would be the last person to refute that others can be just as racist, in fact, I know so. However, although racism does exist everywhere, there are other areas where it is more concentrated. [
So where is it? What is your basis for claiming it is in East Texas? Where is this town?

Quote:
The story does not "start to change" I said that I wanted to stop because i had MORE stories, not that the story itself changed, again, go back and read what I said. This is exactly what I am talking about. You are looking for me to mess up just to prove you right. Why can't you just accept an anecdotal piece when you read one? I mean, what do I have to earn or gain by coming here and lying about stuff that happened to me over 10 years ago? Absolutely nothing. I refuse to tell you where I live, all you need to know is that I live in the area. I don't know who you are and I am not going to tell some weirdo on the internet where I am from or where I live nor do I have to. And no I did not report it to the police, I was just happy to get away, besides at the time I didn't think it was a crime, but now I know better I guess.
I can accept an anecdotal piece...if it is originally presented that way. Yours wasn't. It came across as a seemingly real story of your own being true. Did you ever think it might have hurt people?. Just to make you feel better about yourself?.

Now then, either present this "story" as truth...or just admit it is an untruth under the cloak of being an anecdote you never had the guts to admit from the start. But now are almost forced to admit to, yourself. Which is it?

Really, you don't even do your own position any good....

Quote:
I can easily admit that it is a problem with whites AND black people in the area, each sometimes aggravates the other. I can admit this, can you, TExReb? Like Nairobi, I can only speak for myself and the things that I have been through and have seen and/or heard.
I will match you completely. Go for it. But first? At LEAST be truthful and say where you lived in East Texas and witnessed all these horrible things about white racism and the KKK buses??

Old 08-05-2013, 08:55 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
I will reiterate:

Quote:
nothing I said in my post was untrue or unfounded.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
But guess what? I have changed it a bit to talk about black racists...in East Texas or anywhere else in Texas and the South.
You can discuss it with someone else, then. I'd rather stay on topic.

Quote:
Maybe from your point of view --which is absolutely obscessed with "race" and "racism" I (and other like me), "dance" around the subject. It will be that way forever with those for that race is a primary paranoid factor in life.

Guess what again? I don't give a damn. I don't mean to be rude... but you should really realize that less and less "whites" are giving a damn about the plight of blacks ...and the reason being is that the subject has outworn it's welcome. And has for at least 25 years. So don't expect that white guilt will last forever. If you want race-relations to improve? Then you might start my kicking the butts of young black males who commit a disproportionate amount of senseless violent crime.
I rest my case. The crimes (or lack thereof) of any other people who are not me has nothing to do with a White man in Jasper who has no problem calling me the "N" word. Just I expected, though, you will refuse to address this and see it as a problem.

The idea that I should be responsible for how other men choose to live their lives, simply because we share the same skin color is nothing short of delusional. I certainly don't hold any other white people accountable for your misguided views.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
You can discuss it with someone else, then. I'd rather stay on topic.
I am sure you would rather stay on a topic that is getting old and predictable as sunrise and sunset. Too bad you are not going to control it any more.

Quote:
I rest my case. The crimes (or lack thereof) of any other people who are not me has nothing to do with a White man in Jasper who has no problem calling me the "N" word. Just I expected, though, you will refuse to address this and see it as a problem.
I have no use for hateful people of any race. But read this one sometime:

FrontPage Magazine - A Slaughter That No One Noticed

Now then? (hopefully you read the link) Who called you the "N" word? So what? I have been called named myself. As have most of us. If you are going to live you life under a pre-notion of being persecuted? Then really, I don't know what to say...other than that maybe you just need to get over something that neither one of us have anything to do with.

Quote:
The idea that I should be responsible for how other men choose to live their lives, simply because we share the same skin color is nothing short of delusional. I certainly don't hold any other white people accountable for your misguided views.
As expected, you totally miss the point. What (IMHO) seems to not be grasped is that lots of white people and black conservatives (i.e. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Starr Parker, etc.) are slowly getting sick and tired of this continual topic of "racism.". What is sadly funny (not hahaha funny, but sad), is that some just really don't see/get it.

Nairobi? The worst "racist" attitudes I have ever encountered had been from young black males who blame white people for ever problem in their lives. And why do they? Because they listen to race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who make a good dollar off of it.

It is always easy to believe -- young people -- that someone else is the fault of their own failure. And that failure (I have seen it so often it is sickening) is 99% that the young black males don't care about education nor learning. They think it is "acting white". Simple as that and no sugar-coat is going to change it. I don't understand why people don't listen more to black conservatives who realize and know, than those who make money off the pathetic plight of young black males in large urban communities....

No, you personally are not responsible for how others live their lives. By the same token? Neither am I or any other white person responsible for what happened 150 years ago.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

As expected, you totally miss the point. What (IMHO) seems to not be grasped is that lots of white people and black conservatives (i.e. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Starr Parker, etc.) are slowly getting sick and tired of this continual topic of "racism.". What is sadly funny (not hahaha funny, but sad), is that some just really don't see/get it.

Nairobi? The worst "racist" attitudes I have ever encountered had been from young black males who blame white people for ever problem in their lives. And why do they? Because they listen to race-baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who make a good dollar off of it.

It is always easy to believe -- young people -- that someone else is the fault of their own failure. And that failure (I have seen it so often it is sickening) is 99% that the young black males don't care about education nor learning. They think it is "acting white". Simple as that and no sugar-coat is going to change it. I don't understand why people don't listen more to black conservatives who realize and know, than those who make money off the pathetic plight of young black males in large urban communities....

No, you personally are not responsible for how others live their lives. By the same token? Neither am I or any other white person responsible for what happened 150 years ago.
Yes. JJ and AS definitely fan the flames to keep them going.

I don't think there is any group more villified by many blacks than black conservatives, who seem to be seen as "Uncle Toms", traitors or worse.

They don't listen to Bill Cosby, either. As long as they don't--and continually have 65%+ out-of-wedlock births, absent fathers and the like--they will continue to comprise a high percentage of the prison inmates, way out of proportion to their total number in the general population.

They blame whitey and everybody else, and refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

They blame whitey and everybody else, and refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.
Of course they do, but you'll not ever convince them of this simple fact, it's equivalent to spitting in the wind. 100 years from now, the same old tired song will be playing on and on and on . . .

Old 08-06-2013, 08:35 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Of course they do, but you'll not ever convince them of this simple fact, it's equivalent to spitting in the wind. 100 years from now, the same old tired song will be playing on and on and on . . .
No doubt, even after whites are the minority by that time.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 AM

795 posts, read 1,586,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
No doubt, even after whites are the minority by that time.
They already are in alot of areas. Hispanics are becoming the new majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas