Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 PM

882 posts, read 2,247,091 times

Advertisements

Some just need to get over the fact that neither city is perfect. As much as some Houstonians, sometimes myself included, pick on Dallas, we should not forget of the PLENTY of shortcomings Houston has.

Sure, Downtown Dallas has low vacancy rates, but its not like Downtown Houston is exactly vibrant.

Sure, Houston is more diverse, but guess who gained the most international immigrants this past year, no, the city does not start with the letter, 'H'.

Sure, Houston is more 'urban', but I'd be lying if I said I dont want Dallas' LRT system.

Etc, etc.....

But then what would we do in our free time, pick on Austin, no the Dallas/Houston relationship is a lot more fun.
Oh,and Dallasboi, Houston is way greener that Dallas, The Woodlands not include, any area north of I-10 is covered in trees, and most areas outside SE Houston and developed areas of W Houston.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:38 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,765,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
Some just need to get over the fact that neither city is perfect.

Sure, Downtown Dallas has low vacancy rates, but its not like Downtown Houston is exactly vibrant.

Sure, Houston is more diverse, but guess who gained the most international immigrants this past year, no, the city does not start with the letter, 'H'.

Sure, Houston is more 'urban', but I'd be lying if I said I dont want Dallas' LRT system.

Etc, etc.....

But then what would we do in our free time, pick on Austin, no the Dallas/Houston relationship is a lot more fun.
There are things I wish Dallas had that Houston has too. The big one is Continental Airlines. I would trade American in a heartbeat for them!!!

Herman Park and the museum district are the others.

It is a two way street, both cities have somethings the other would like.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,460,661 times
Quote:
Some just need to get over the fact that neither city is perfect.

Etc, etc.....

i totally agree...if we all could just point out the good stuff too that the other city has.. it wouldn't be so hard to hear the bad stuff that comes from the other city...

Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 PM
KoT

103 posts, read 186,677 times
The best of both is the following...Texas.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,965,735 times
Quote:
Some just need to get over the fact that neither city is perfect. As much as some Houstonians, sometimes myself included, pick on Dallas, we should not forget of the PLENTY of shortcomings Houston has.

Etc, etc.....

Oh,and Dallasboi, Houston is way greener that Dallas, The Woodlands not include, any area north of I-10 is covered in trees, and most areas outside SE Houston and developed areas of W Houston.
Good post. Especially the LRT one.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,275,674 times
Ah man! Southmore, why you gotta go and do that? There's no fun in a truce!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:26 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,460,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Ah man! Southmore, why you gotta go and do that? There's no fun in a truce!
.....shoot first...and i promise we can crank it back up...

Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,181,360 times
Now if you lived in the Lakewood section of Dallas you would yell from the slate and clay tiled rooftops, "THIS IS PARADISE!" Hug a chimney pot..

Old 04-26-2010, 06:46 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,853,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
.....shoot first...and i promise we can crank it back up...
i'll shoot!

houston has trees taller than office buildings...in dallas, the trees are shorter than the people

Old 04-26-2010, 08:23 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,064,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
The difference is, in Dallas, the trees were mostly planted by developers. In Houston, the pine forests are all natural. And of course Houston will look flat from the direction the picture was taken. A lot of people over exaggerate Houston's flatness. It really isn't all that flat, especially in the suburban areas, where they are reaching the hills to the N, W, and NW. Pretty interesting to see actually. For example, the new outlet mall in Cypress sits on a hill.
The relocated the outlet mall from Sealy to Cypress, lol. I think they'll make more revenue now, since it's closer to the populated areas of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas