Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 08:41 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,979,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
The relocated the outlet mall from Sealy to Cypress, lol. I think they'll make more revenue now, since it's closer to the populated areas of the city.
They didn't relocate it. The outlet mall in Sealy failed because Katy Mills came along, and Katy Mills was much closer to people on the west side than Sealy.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:44 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,086,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
They didn't relocate it. The outlet mall in Sealy failed because Katy Mills came along, and Katy Mills was much closer to people on the west side than Sealy.
The people managing Katy Mills told me over summer when I went to Dinner with them to discuss opening a invisashield cart, they told me Katy Mills is the 2nd to last in liveliness for Houston area malls. The only mall more dead than it is West Oaks Mall.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
The people managing Katy Mills told me over summer when I went to Dinner with them to discuss opening a invisashield cart, they told me Katy Mills is the 2nd to last in liveliness for Houston area malls. The only mall more dead than it is West Oaks Mall.
When Katy Mills went along, it definitely wasn't second to last, and I'm not sure I believe that either. There are so many dead malls in Houston, like in most cities (Northwest, West Oaks, Almeda, Mall of the Mainland, etc.). They wouldn't be adding new stores to Katy Mills, either.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
When Katy Mills went along, it definitely wasn't second to last, and I'm not sure I believe that either. There are so many dead malls in Houston, like in most cities (Northwest, West Oaks, Almeda, Mall of the Mainland, etc.). They wouldn't be adding new stores to Katy Mills, either.
No, they told me they're expanding Katy Mills to rejuvenate it, it hasn't been doing all that well lately. Because they say most from the Katy area go to Memorial City Mall.

Don't believe me? Just ask them. They're only one call away. Let me know if you want their contact information.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
No, they told me they're expanding Katy Mills to rejuvenate it, it hasn't been doing all that well lately. Because they say most from the Katy area go to Memorial City Mall.

Don't believe me? Just ask them. They're only one call away. Let me know if you want their contact information.
I don't believe the part where you said its second to last in liveliness of Houston area malls. That can't be true. I still go to Katy Mills at times, and it is packed on the weekends. I just named malls that are more dead than Katy Mills. Maybe they meant the western side of Houston's metro? There is even a thread in Houston's section going on right now where people are saying the same things I am. Maybe the people you had dinner with could provide you with some retail sales reports? Maybe then we can see.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I don't believe the part where you said its second to last in liveliness of Houston area malls. That can't be true. I still go to Katy Mills at times, and it is packed on the weekends. I just named malls that are more dead than Katy Mills. Maybe they meant the western side of Houston's metro? There is even a thread in Houston's section going on right now where people are saying the same things I am. Maybe the people you had dinner with could provide you with some retail sales reports? Maybe then we can see.
YES! That's a good idea actually, they did provide me with revenue statistics and growth, and overall liveliness statistics for each and every mall in the Houston area. The only thing is, the papers are in my car, at home in Houston and I'm at school in Austin.

But I'll be sure to scan and upload JPEG copies of it on here as soon as I get back.

No idea what they meant, it could be for certain businesses, or it could be for types of stores. Anyways, I'll get the information posted as soon as I can.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
YES! That's a good idea actually, they did provide me with revenue statistics and growth, and overall liveliness statistics for each and every mall in the Houston area. The only thing is, the papers are in my car, at home in Houston and I'm at school in Austin.

But I'll be sure to scan and upload JPEG copies of it on here as soon as I get back.

No idea what they meant, it could be for certain businesses, or it could be for types of stores. Anyways, I'll get the information posted as soon as I can.
Nice. Can't wait to see them.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 AM

2,931 posts, read 5,280,685 times
I have a hard time believing that Katy Mills mall is 2nd to last too. Everytime i go there, its crowded. I guess the retail report would tell better how the mall is REALLY doing seeing how people sometimes go to the mall just to hang out and window shop.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,471,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i'll shoot!

houston has trees taller than office buildings...in dallas, the trees are shorter than the people
no...wait!!!!!....I think you are mistaking the billboards for trees down there....thats the only forrest i see when i drive into houston...

Old 04-27-2010, 11:27 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,266,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
no...wait!!!!!....I think you are mistaking the billboards for trees down there....thats the only forrest i see when i drive into houston...
Have you ever been to Houston????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas