Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 06:29 AM

2,403 posts, read 1,574,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Tottenham v. Arsenal today. If Spurs win, the 4th spot in Champions league is going down to the wire. If the Gunners take it, Champions League is likely wrapped up. As a Spurs supporter, I always feel like I will be disappointed, but I will be watching this game, in my favorite pub, beer in hand and with one of my favorite football loving friends. Hope you all get to enjoy the match! Come On You Spurs!!!
if Arsenal win they will have a seven point lead with only six available from the last two games I hope they do but i don think they will I wont be able to watch I wont enjoy it i have access to the game but my nerves cant stand it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 07:11 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Tottenham v. Arsenal today. If Spurs win, the 4th spot in Champions league is going down to the wire. If the Gunners take it, Champions League is likely wrapped up. As a Spurs supporter, I always feel like I will be disappointed, but I will be watching this game, in my favorite pub, beer in hand and with one of my favorite football loving friends. Hope you all get to enjoy the match! Come On You Spurs!!!
I was reading about Totteringham Day this morning. I wasn’t aware of the stadium debt problem.

I’d like another year of the Kane/Son show but the odds are against it.

I watched Chelsea until the red card. Leeds was being Leeds. Then flipped to watch a bit of de Bruyne do his thing with the score unexpectedly 1-1 and hoping for a Wolves upset. MC is overpowering and gets stronger next year. It was nice that he let Sterling score the 5th goal. I watched most of Everton get lots of shots and corner kicks but not score. The relegation battle is an interesting watch.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:01 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I was reading about Totteringham Day this morning. I wasn’t aware of the stadium debt problem.

I’d like another year of the Kane/Son show but the odds are against it.

I watched Chelsea until the red card. Leeds was being Leeds. Then flipped to watch a bit of de Bruyne do his thing with the score unexpectedly 1-1 and hoping for a Wolves upset. MC is overpowering and gets stronger next year. It was nice that he let Sterling score the 5th goal. I watched most of Everton get lots of shots and corner kicks but not score. The relegation battle is an interesting watch.
Covid absolutely crushed Spurs. The debt on that stadium is massive and it was front loaded, so to have a year with no NFL, no music concerts, no private events, and of course no tottenham games, forced them to refinance at difficult terms. They recently again refinanced a part of it, but I think this is the real reason the team is on the market. That said, we are talking about a billion US in terms of debt. Son/Kane are exciting and drive revenue, but they are a drop in the bucket. I suspect Kane and Conte will both stay, but who knows.

I disagreed with the red card. I think his reaction helped the referee come down red. I would have gone yellow, but it was close. De Bruyne is just so much fun to watch. I think he is the best footballer in the world right now, certainly the most fun to watch. Sterling will be somewhere else next year. The relegation battle is about all that is left in PL if Spurs lose today. I do not see the top changing. Sad for spurs. Losses to weak teams always befuddle Spurs supporters. Play amazing against MC or Liverpool and then lose to Burnly and Brighton and draw against Brentford. 4 points out of those three puts them ahead of Arsenal on GD going in today, 9 puts them into 3rd. Lifetime of frustrations being a Spurs guy. My friend tells me I am engaging in child abuse raising my kids to be Spurs Supporters, lol.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:13 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,815 times
Hoping for a Spurs win today. I love watching Arsenal fall apart.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
My friend tells me I am engaging in child abuse raising my kids to be Spurs Supporters, lol.
i agree

Old 05-12-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Hoping for a Spurs win today. I love watching Arsenal fall apart.
steady on there pal

Old 05-12-2022, 01:02 PM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
steady on there pal
It's all I've got left as a Manchester United fan.

That, and hoping Liverpool only end up with the Carabao cup.

EDIT: This is good stuff.

Last edited by Winterbeard; 05-12-2022 at 01:19 PM..

Old 05-12-2022, 02:42 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is gorgeous. I hope the new Chelsea owners do as well.

The 4th place battle is certainly interesting.

Old 05-12-2022, 04:39 PM

Arsenal we’re not smart today. Better team won

Old 05-13-2022, 05:51 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Arsenal we’re not smart today. Better team won
So I am obviously over the moon. It is still Arsenal's to lose, but at least Spurs have a chance for Top 4. They have to win out and we need Arsenal to tie or lose one of the last two.

The game was sadly no exciting, especially after the Red Card. That was simply such a poor choice while on a yellow. But even after the red, just no real counter by the gunners. Tottenham's back three were not their strongest team and there were holes there. Arsenal just could not advance the ball. That Kane header was the dagger though. Anyway, makes the next week far more exciting for me. Still expect to be disappointed, but that is what Spurs supporters always feel like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer