Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2022, 01:05 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’d prefer Kane and Son make Champions League because they are fun to watch with all those highlight reel counters. Qualifying for Champions League also makes it more likely that they keep Kane away from Dubai and Saudi Arabia.
They are fun to watch. I think if they do not make Champions, Kane is gone and as a result Conti is gone. Spurs have to be active in the window regardless. Kulusevski has been a steal for the price. But there is work to be done at defense and mid. Plus they need another pure striker. Lucas Moura will likely be gone. He is not resigning after next season and he will probably seek a new home. He is on a very affordable contract for another year, so there will be a market for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 01:13 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
I think it applies now more than ever How about Blue Scum? That's a classic. Or simply The Plastics?
How about **** off?

Old 04-04-2022, 05:46 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
A combination of their schedule and my feelings that they are not in the same class as West Ham or Tottenham. Could I be wrong, of course. But I do not think that it is theirs to lose. I think they lose to Chelsea, West Ham and Man U, and there is still the Tottenham rescheduled fixture to set up. To me, its Tottenham's to lose, but I think they will lose it.
Their result at CP shows you’re omniscient.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:12 AM

2,403 posts, read 1,574,072 times
Quote:
what a horrible performance

Old 04-05-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I did not see that coming!!! Lol.

Old 04-05-2022, 06:28 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times
Quote:
I did not see that coming!!! Lol.
It certainly makes the battle for 4th place more interesting.

Am I supposed to hate Leeds? I saw them throwing things at the other team recently and I read it also happened vs Arsenal earlier in the year. I’ve learned here that everyone hates Millwall. Is Leeds in that category?

Old 04-06-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:

Am I supposed to hate Leeds? I saw them throwing things at the other team recently and I read it also happened vs Arsenal earlier in the year. I’ve learned here that everyone hates Millwall. Is Leeds in that category?
if you support a club that was a rival for Leeds when Leeds were a power (Arsenal, Man Utd come to mind) and are old enough to remember those games you may have a dislike for the team

edited to add Chelsea to that list

Last edited by porterjack; 04-06-2022 at 06:56 AM..

Old 04-06-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:

I dislike it when fans throw things at the players, refs, on the pitch in general ... I am not that type of fan. I do not hate Leeds because of a some drunk and disorderly fans. I will say it takes a long history for me to dislike a club in any sports. That said, I do especially enjoy a Spurs win over Arsenal. It does feel better than others. Now that I said that, I have doomed Spurs to a loss for the May 12 match, lol.

Old 04-06-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Now that I said that, I have doomed Spurs to a loss for the May 12 match, lol.
speaking as an Arsenal fan i hope so

Old 04-06-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
speaking as an Arsenal fan i hope so
I am sure it will be a loss for Spurs. We like to get really close to good things, then do something stupid and lose. Anyway, hopefully it will be a good match! Exciting finish for the season in any event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer