Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2023, 07:36 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times

Advertisements

In Championship, the four teams currently in the promotion playoff slots don’t have parachute money. Norwich, West Brom, and Watford are outside the top-6. 9 games left to play so the table will probably change but it’s Middlesboro, Luton, Rovers, and everyone’s favorite Millwall.

I watched Blackburn beat Reading yesterday instead of Liverpool getting eliminated in Madrid. The Rovers outplayed Reading but lack the clinical finishers so they squeaked out a late goal 2-1 win where they should have scored a lot of goals. FA Cup on Sunday morning in Sheffield. Sheffield has more talent from the parachute money but they’re not in great form so Blackburn has a chance to advance to the semifinals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2023, 07:03 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
In Championship, the four teams currently in the promotion playoff slots don’t have parachute money. Norwich, West Brom, and Watford are outside the top-6. 9 games left to play so the table will probably change but it’s Middlesboro, Luton, Rovers, and everyone’s favorite Millwall.

I watched Blackburn beat Reading yesterday instead of Liverpool getting eliminated in Madrid. The Rovers outplayed Reading but lack the clinical finishers so they squeaked out a late goal 2-1 win where they should have scored a lot of goals. FA Cup on Sunday morning in Sheffield. Sheffield has more talent from the parachute money but they’re not in great form so Blackburn has a chance to advance to the semifinals.
Sheffield United v Blackburn, what a goal to settle it! I'm sorry your boys were on the receiving end, I would have preferred Blackburn to have gone through but it was a blinding game nonetheless.

Old 03-21-2023, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Sheffield United v Blackburn, what a goal to settle it! I'm sorry your boys were on the receiving end, I would have preferred Blackburn to have gone through but it was a blinding game nonetheless.
Sadly, it was a tactical blunder. They were carrying play fairly well until they subbed out Hedges and Joe Rankin-Costello. Sheffield United has more team depth from the parachute money. The Rovers couldn’t play Sorba Thomas because he’d played FA Cup for Huddersfield this year. Hedges would have replaced Sorba Thomas. Instead, they brought in a fullback. They should have left the starting XI on the pitch. At 80’, I was thinking about flying in for the semifinal. Sigh.

Old 03-22-2023, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Sadly, it was a tactical blunder. They were carrying play fairly well until they subbed out Hedges and Joe Rankin-Costello. Sheffield United has more team depth from the parachute money. The Rovers couldn’t play Sorba Thomas because he’d played FA Cup for Huddersfield this year. Hedges would have replaced Sorba Thomas. Instead, they brought in a fullback. They should have left the starting XI on the pitch. At 80’, I was thinking about flying in for the semifinal. Sigh.
Never mind, as they say - at least they can concentrate on the league, they still have the chance for promotion, who knows there could be a playoff final you could fly in for.

I hope they get promoted for you, I'll keep an eye on them

Old 03-22-2023, 10:11 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Spurs fans are all eager to understand what will happen with Conte. The papers are reporting that he will be fired within a few hours. Yet another poor ending of a managerial relationship at Spurs. While there is blame to spread all around on this season's results outside of the league, they are right in it for 4th place and the manager nonsense is certainly going to impact this. You all probably know I'm a long term Spurs fan, so I expect to be disappointed but remain steadfast in my support. I just want it to happen and move past it rather than wait until the end of the season.

Old 03-22-2023, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Spurs fans are all eager to understand what will happen with Conte. The papers are reporting that he will be fired within a few hours. Yet another poor ending of a managerial relationship at Spurs. While there is blame to spread all around on this season's results outside of the league, they are right in it for 4th place and the manager nonsense is certainly going to impact this. You all probably know I'm a long term Spurs fan, so I expect to be disappointed but remain steadfast in my support. I just want it to happen and move past it rather than wait until the end of the season.
When it comes to managers recently Spurs seem to be hiring Chelsea 'cast offs' so I wouldn't seem surprised to see Tuchell roll up next!

Old 03-23-2023, 03:15 AM

2,403 posts, read 1,574,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
When it comes to managers recently Spurs seem to be hiring Chelsea 'cast offs' so I wouldn't seem surprised to see Tuchell roll up next!
Frank junior is looking for work

Old 03-23-2023, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Frank junior is looking for work
I would not want thomas tuchel. But I think there are some good options out there. Just tired of the revolving door.

Old 03-27-2023, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I would not want thomas tuchel. But I think there are some good options out there. Just tired of the revolving door.
Conte is out. At least now Spurs can move on. Looks like they are not hiring anyone right away and will let the season end first. Glad it will not be Tuchel. Mauricio Pochettino and Julian Nagelsmann are the press favorites with all the stories in recent days about them. I never wanted Poch to go and was shocked when he was fired in 2019. His aggressive Argentinian style is fun to watch. Nagelsmann is exciting, young and tries a lot of different things. Either would be welcome. But the problem at Tottenham will always be that they need to decide if they will spend like a top 4 club, or spend like a 5-10 club and hope to make it into european play every season. Frustrating for the fans. Regardless, Conte had forced his way out of a situation he was not pleased with. While I enjoyed his style of play, we move on.

Old 03-27-2023, 09:12 AM

I don’t understand the Conte fuss. The Spurs are right where you would expect them to be considering their payroll.

I hate this international break after the massively disruptive World Cup. Even the Blackburn Rovers have four players off plus another seven as U21, U20, U19, and U17. Ben Brereton flew to South America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer