Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2023, 02:19 PM

2,210 posts, read 2,154,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The two draws in a row where they conceded the tying goal in extra time make it extra painful. They have lost Ben Brereton Diaz and need to find some goals for next year.
Yeah, those extra time wins turned into a draw, or draw turned into a loss, also crushed Spurs. I think we left 12 points on the table that were ours at the start of stoppage. Just poor closing. Its hurts.

Rovers will have choices to make in the off-season, but there will be strikers, wingers and offensive creative middies looking for a home even if a loaned temp home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 04:23 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Yeah, those extra time wins turned into a draw, or draw turned into a loss, also crushed Spurs. I think we left 12 points on the table that were ours at the start of stoppage. Just poor closing. Its hurts.

Rovers will have choices to make in the off-season, but there will be strikers, wingers and offensive creative middies looking for a home even if a loaned temp home.
The Spurs still have a good shot at Europa Cup with Brighton getting destroyed by Everton today. BHA has a rough set of matches with Arsenal, Man City, Newcastle, and Aston Villa left to play. Brighton doesn’t have the squad depth for the congestion they face. I’m happy for Everton. I don’t want to see them relegated.

Old 05-09-2023, 06:52 AM

2,210 posts, read 2,154,963 times
Quote:
The Spurs still have a good shot at Europa Cup with Brighton getting destroyed by Everton today. BHA has a rough set of matches with Arsenal, Man City, Newcastle, and Aston Villa left to play. Brighton doesn’t have the squad depth for the congestion they face. I’m happy for Everton. I don’t want to see them relegated.
Yes. They can, but given our season, I fully expect to implode. But I will be supporting and yelling at my television either way. I was somewhat hoping Everton might be regulated so there was a fire sale of players.

Old 05-09-2023, 07:10 AM

Millwall being Millwall

Millwall supporters attacked a Rovers away supporter coach after the match.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-4-3-loss.html

Old 05-09-2023, 08:02 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,568,914 times
Quote:
Millwall being Millwall

Millwall supporters attacked a Rovers away supporter coach after the match.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-4-3-loss.html
I saw a clip on YouTube one of the Millwall fans was live streaming the game and he was in the corner closest to where the Blackburn fans were congregated, you could just sense the anger/hatred/tension in the area he was in once rovers went up 4-3 - it brought back so many memories for me of what it was like going to games in London the 80s - ugly is not a strong enough word to describe the mob mentality

Old 05-10-2023, 12:15 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
I’m slightly disappointed we won’t see the West Ham/Millwall rivalry reignited again next season but yes, that’s probably for the best. We don’t necessarily need a throwback to hooliganism.

Old 05-12-2023, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I’m slightly disappointed we won’t see the West Ham/Millwall rivalry reignited again next season but yes, that’s probably for the best. We don’t necessarily need a throwback to hooliganism.
The Rovers away supporters were singing I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles after they went ahead at 86’. They were down 3-1 at the half. It’s fun learning about the rivalries and the songs & chants.

Old 05-13-2023, 07:37 AM

Quote:
The Rovers away supporters were singing I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles after they went ahead at 86’. They were down 3-1 at the half. It’s fun learning about the rivalries and the songs & chants.
singing that at the Den would be like singing flying a confederate flag on the streets of The Bronx

Old 05-15-2023, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
singing that at the Den would be like flying a confederate flag on the streets of The Bronx
tried to edit but could not

Old 05-18-2023, 12:05 PM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,670 times
Coventry v Luton playoff is great. Two teams who really deserve it. I think seeing Pep show up at Kenilworth Road would be pretty special. Nothing against Coventry.

Middlesbrough and Sunderland will be there or there abouts next season, been very impressed with Carrick's managerial skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer