Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2023, 09:44 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,150,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Aren't the Spurs crushing your soul enough? The Rovers have been disappointing since mid-March.
I'm a Spurs fan, I'm immune to soul crushing. Lol!

Last edited by dr.strangelove; 05-01-2023 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 05:18 AM

2,393 posts, read 1,561,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I'm a Spurs fan, I'm immune to soul crushing. Lol!
you dont have one

Old 05-03-2023, 05:23 AM

24,557 posts, read 18,235,988 times
So my Championship year after a draw against Luton in a must-win match is beat Millwall away and hope Sunderland and West Brom drop points. At least it came down to the last match of the season. I generally just don’t want WBA with parachute money making the promotion playoffs. It really taints the competitiveness of the league.

I see Chelsea scored their goal for May against Arsenal. At this point, it’s obviously freakin’ MC winning the league again, Saudi Arabia in Champions League as the other oil team, a minor battle for the last three Europe slots, and the relegation battle.

Old 05-03-2023, 12:26 PM

4,295 posts, read 1,554,301 times
Quote:
I see Chelsea scored their goal for May against Arsenal. At this point, it’s obviously freakin’ MC winning the league again, Saudi Arabia in Champions League as the other oil team, a minor battle for the last three Europe slots, and the relegation battle.
Chelsea still have Newcastle, Man Utd and Man City to play. They could end up 15th/16th at this rate.

Big Sam at Leeds. Crazy stuff. From Bielsa to Allardyce, what a fall from grace.

Old 05-04-2023, 01:35 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Chelsea still have Newcastle, Man Utd and Man City to play. They could end up 15th/16th at this rate.

Big Sam at Leeds. Crazy stuff. From Bielsa to Allardyce, what a fall from grace.
12th, 15th, 16th makes little difference, the trouble is the players have 'downed tools' already, the club is a mess, Mr Boehly seemed to have thought that it was all about 'money' and nothing else! He needs to get competent people that know what they're doing into place and then leave them to do their jobs! He is also going to have to learn about patience.

Old 05-04-2023, 03:14 PM

Brighton beats ManU on a handball PK in the closing seconds of extra time. I’d like to see a few more of those and a 4-way battle for 3rd & 4th place. BHA looked good. They certainly deserve a spot in Europe but they still play MC, Arsenal, and the Geordies.

Old 05-07-2023, 02:23 PM

The battle for the last Champions League spot just got a bit more interesting. Arsenal winning in Newcastle wasn’t a surprise but ManU losing to the Hammers certainly was. Liverpool finishing 4th went from impossible to slightly better than that.

Old 05-08-2023, 10:59 AM

The Rovers missed out on the promotion playoffs on goal differential. Sunderland took 6th place. Blackburn knocked out Millwall. I’m OK with Sunderland. The parachute money teams Norwich, Watford, and West Brom didn’t make the playoffs. I’m happy about that.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:15 PM

2,208 posts, read 2,150,606 times
Quote:
The Rovers missed out on the promotion playoffs on goal differential. Sunderland took 6th place. Blackburn knocked out Millwall. I’m OK with Sunderland. The parachute money teams Norwich, Watford, and West Brom didn’t make the playoffs. I’m happy about that.
Wow, just one more point would have put them over? That is too bad. I got watch 3 or 4 games this year, I think I'll be watching more Championship and EFL League 2 next year. I've become enamored with Blackburn and Wrexham this season. Blackburn thanks in large part to you, their play has helped. Tottenham is still my club, but I think we have a bad time coming. Kane will leave and we will have to spend heavily on a keeper to replace lloris and rehab the defense. But I will be there for a couple of matches (looks like trips in October and February, just have to avoid international blocs of matches, and otherwise supporting form this side of the pond.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Wow, just one more point would have put them over? That is too bad. I got watch 3 or 4 games this year, I think I'll be watching more Championship and EFL League 2 next year. I've become enamored with Blackburn and Wrexham this season. Blackburn thanks in large part to you, their play has helped. Tottenham is still my club, but I think we have a bad time coming. Kane will leave and we will have to spend heavily on a keeper to replace lloris and rehab the defense. But I will be there for a couple of matches (looks like trips in October and February, just have to avoid international blocs of matches, and otherwise supporting form this side of the pond.
The two draws in a row where they conceded the tying goal in extra time make it extra painful. They have lost Ben Brereton Diaz and need to find some goals for next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer