Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2022, 03:59 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,286,736 times

Advertisements

The Everton result was ugly. Of their remaining fixtures, at home vs Brentford is their only match that isn't against top half of the table teams. They're only 1 point clear of relegation and Burnley has a better goal differential. Burnley has fixtures against Norwich and Watford. That will be a fun relegation battle to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 04:55 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The Everton result was ugly. Of their remaining fixtures, at home vs Brentford is their only match that isn't against top half of the table teams. They're only 1 point clear of relegation and Burnley has a better goal differential. Burnley has fixtures against Norwich and Watford. That will be a fun relegation battle to watch.
My son's teacher is an Everton supporter and he is going to have a lot of things tell him today. Terrible result. I cannot believe they might move down. Money mistakes.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:09 PM

847 posts, read 510,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
My son's teacher is an Everton supporter and he is going to have a lot of things tell him today. Terrible result. I cannot believe they might move down. Money mistakes.
I honestly feel bad for Everton supporters. On one hand, they deserve to get relegated for years of mismanagement. It's also interesting to see a bigger club down. On the other hand, Everton supporters are generally a good luck and the poor bastards have to share a city with Liverpool supporters. Gotta feel for them.

Old 04-08-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
I honestly feel bad for Everton supporters. On one hand, they deserve to get relegated for years of mismanagement. It's also interesting to see a bigger club down. On the other hand, Everton supporters are generally a good luck and the poor bastards have to share a city with Liverpool supporters. Gotta feel for them.
It’s hard to imagine Everton being relegated for more than a year. Even selling some players, they’re far more talented than the middle of the table Championship League teams.

Old 04-08-2022, 01:37 PM

847 posts, read 510,170 times
Quote:
It’s hard to imagine Everton being relegated for more than a year. Even selling some players, they’re far more talented than the middle of the table Championship League teams.
I would expect them to be right back up after a year in the wilderness.

Old 04-09-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
A combination of their schedule and my feelings that they are not in the same class as West Ham or Tottenham. Could I be wrong, of course. But I do not think that it is theirs to lose. I think they lose to Chelsea, West Ham and Man U, and there is still the Tottenham rescheduled fixture to set up. To me, its Tottenham's to lose, but I think they will lose it.
The omniscience continues.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:40 PM

20,517 posts, read 33,565,329 times
It is shocking that Arteta put that lineup out there yesterday. When I saw this, I knew there would be trouble. Arsenal is in trouble. You can say injuries if you like. But it's still their fault. You didn't bring in another striker or another midfielder in January and it is starting to catch up to you. That is arrogance, ego driven, and incompetence not to do that especially selling your best striker. If Arsenal is anywhere 6th and below by May 22nd, he has to go.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:27 AM

2,403 posts, read 1,574,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It is shocking that Arteta put that lineup out there yesterday. When I saw this, I knew there would be trouble. Arsenal is in trouble. You can say injuries if you like. But it's still their fault. You didn't bring in another striker or another midfielder in January and it is starting to catch up to you. That is arrogance, ego driven, and incompetence not to do that especially selling your best striker. If Arsenal is anywhere 6th and below by May 22nd, he has to go.
again highlighting that success comes from having depth of talent in the squads, Liverpool and City and Chelsea all have had that

Old 04-11-2022, 06:56 AM

Liverpool was fortunate to draw 2-2. Manchester City is relentless. Champions League 2nd leg and the FA Cup on Saturday. A great week to watch football.

I watched the AVL-Spurs highlights. From 10 minutes of footage, it looked like AVL carried play and should have scored a lot of goals. The Spurs did their usual surgical counters.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:47 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
Liverpool was fortunate to draw 2-2. Manchester City is relentless. Champions League 2nd leg and the FA Cup on Saturday. A great week to watch football.

I watched the AVL-Spurs highlights. From 10 minutes of footage, it looked like AVL carried play and should have scored a lot of goals. The Spurs did their usual surgical counters.
Lloris had one of his best matches this season. It should have been at least 3 goals in the first half against Spurs, but he was playing like he was 29 again. The second half was really well in hand for Spurs. They controlled the ball, had no serious challenges, and did as you say, surgical counters. The head flick by KAne to Sun, followed by Son's great finish, really show the level of understanding these two have developed. Kane took a half second look at Son, knew exactly where Son would make his run, and put a surgical flick to him. Great play as always by these two. But the defensive miscues and the bad passing in the first still show Spurs true colors. Against a better side this was a loss. Schedule benefits them as they can get away with a bad half, but against Arsenal or Liverpool, these will be losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer