Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:17 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times

Advertisements

It keeps douchey folks on the other side of town. I like Santana Row for that.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,173,069 times
Not anymore since it's so expensive. The population is 945,000 up from 894,000 back in 2000. Alot of people are leaving San Jose in droves.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:59 PM

148 posts, read 571,728 times
So many people on this forum act like they are so much smarter than us. How could we possibly not like San Jose? It's so perfect. Sorry not everyone agrees with you. Get over yourselves.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen7276 View Post
So many people on this forum act like they are so much smarter than us. How could we possibly not like San Jose? It's so perfect. Sorry not everyone agrees with you. Get over yourselves.

That's not the issue at all. We're just smart enough to realize that every place has it's good and bad attributes. Nobody ever said San Jose is the greatest place on Earth. We just say it's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

You point out all of these supposedly terrible things about SJ, and then you admit that you live on the East Side near Eastridge Mall. That's one of the crappiest parts of the entire city and the problems you always complain about are mainly isolated to those parts of town. But then you say that you live in the nicest part of the city???? It makes no sense. I never had the daily quality of life issues living in SJ that you seem to have pretty much every day.

In another one of your posts you talked about how crappy SJ and how you work in Fremont and how much nicer it is than SJ. I too work in Fremont and live in Newark. Many of the same quality of life issues you complain about in SJ also exist in Fremont as well. Having worked in Fremont for many years and having lived here for two years now, it's just another extension of the South Bay. My life here is almost identical to my life in SJ.

You have a very warped mindset. If you hate SJ so much...MOVE!!! If Fremont is soooo much better and you already work here...MOVE TO FREMONT!!! I only left SJ because my wife's family is here and to have a better commute.

People come here on these boards to get useful information, not a bunch of negative propaganda that has no real basis. If a place isn't right for you, that doesn't mean it's not right for other people.

And, like usual, I'm expecting a retarded response from you that just proves you're trolling.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:44 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
That's not the issue at all. We're just smart enough to realize that every place has it's good and bad attributes. Nobody ever said San Jose is the greatest place on Earth. We just say it's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

You point out all of these supposedly terrible things about SJ, and then you admit that you live on the East Side near Eastridge Mall. That's one of the crappiest parts of the entire city and the problems you always complain about are mainly isolated to those parts of town. But then you say that you live in the nicest part of the city???? It makes no sense. I never had the daily quality of life issues living in SJ that you seem to have pretty much every day.
I know the area he lives in, and it's one of the good pockets. But it's surrounded by bad pockets and horrible traffic in any direction.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:59 PM

505 posts, read 1,664,704 times
It all depends on each person's situation. I was born and raised in San Jose and moved North of Sacramento the last two years. I have not looked back and love it up here, but it doesn't mean that anyone else will.

There are certain things that I miss about San Jose like the food, some of the nightlife, arts, etc. but there are other things that I could do without - the traffic, the crime every now and then, etc. so it all depends on what you like and dislike. Every city has them and everyone's personal tastes and situation differ. Try posting the same question to San Francisco.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 AM

60 posts, read 123,391 times
Which area is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
I know the area he lives in, and it's one of the good pockets. But it's surrounded by bad pockets and horrible traffic in any direction.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_faithful View Post
Which area is that?
Hidden Glen. Just east of the Eastridge Mall, you can tell where it is because all the houses are Glen _____ Dr or something.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
People come here on these boards to get useful information, not a bunch of negative propaganda that has no real basis. If a place isn't right for you, that doesn't mean it's not right for other people.
No place is right for those wielding a mind that is not right. Something obviously went down over there east of Eastridge.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,102 times
I am a single 36 yr old female hairdresser (with a small dog), looking to relocate to California....I'm thinking San Jose area, been to SF and SJ once and Fell in LOVE with the weather!
I cannot take the steamy hot weather anymore in Houston Texas any longer!!!!
Im practiacally home bound because of the extreme heat and HUMIDITY!
I know the rents are crazy high, in Cali, but i gw up in NYC, and i survived there fine, albiet not in the greatest neigborhoods, (Bklyn) .....but they weren't super bad either!
Anyhow....
what are some ways to go about finding a room for rent in SJ, or surrounding neihborhoods?
In NY, one would look in local area/nehborhood newspapers....can any one help?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose