Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 10:26 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,738,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Forgot about Deanie Owens, but then she didn't come around until the mid to late 70's if my memory serves me right(which it sometimes doesn't)
The mid to late 70's sounds right. On the northeast side, Buddy Uecker Realty sold a lot of houses. My parents bought their house from them. Back then, their office was on Austin Highway, across the the street from Mars Plumbing. Then they moved up Austin Highway by the fire station. I'm not sure if either Buddy Uecker or Guy Chipman are still around.

Last edited by 69GSstage1; 08-24-2011 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,720 times
I worked at the Inferno as MC and Drummer in the summer of 1967.

Chuck

Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 AM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,547,026 times
If I just close my eyes I can be back getting off the bus by the Hertzbergs clock. The Green Gate is behind me. Dantes Inferno is next to the Texas Theatre. I have to walk over to Walgreens to catch a bus to Houston street to visit Grandma by the Joe Freeman Colliseum. It's like "Twilight Zone" NEXT STOP WILLOWBY!!!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,736,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69GSstage1 View Post
I'm not sure if either Buddy Uecker or Guy Chipman are still around.
Dont' know for sure about Uecker. Guy Chipman closed their doors several, if not many, years ago.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,274,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
If I just close my eyes I can be back getting off the bus by the Hertzbergs clock. The Green Gate is behind me. Dantes Inferno is next to the Texas Theatre. I have to walk over to Walgreens to catch a bus to Houston street to visit Grandma by the Joe Freeman Colliseum. It's like "Twilight Zone" NEXT STOP WILLOWBY!!!
The Green Gate Burlesque Club or the Green Gate Mission Sorry, had to ask, I was at Castle Hills Baptist when the Linton's converted so I heard ALL about it!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:09 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,547,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeel View Post
The Green Gate Burlesque Club or the Green Gate Mission Sorry, had to ask, I was at Castle Hills Baptist when the Linton's converted so I heard ALL about it!
We were kids. It was the Burlesque club. We would see the girls get off the bus in front of the club. It was sort of like "oboy wait til we get older!" I never went there but I did see a lot of movies downtown. I went to the Texas a bunch. I saw the James Bond movies at the Majestic.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:29 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,075,062 times
back in the mid 80's... Pantera's Pizza!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,050,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
back in the mid 80's... Pantera's Pizza!
Where was that located? I remember a Conan's Pizza with a giant whole wheat (optional) crust. Huge freakin' pizza full of toppings... wow.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:52 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,075,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Where was that located? I remember a Conan's Pizza with a giant whole wheat (optional) crust. Huge freakin' pizza full of toppings... wow.
The one that I went to was on Nacogdoches and Oconner...same shopping strip where the culebra meat market is now.

The same strip use to have Drug Emporium, Weiners and a wolfs nursery.

also a little further down where the dollar stores are now.... there was a night club called "The Edge of Town" which back then it literally was. Foghat played there back in the mid 80's and I remember them singing in the alleyway between the club and krogers as I walked behind the place to go home. They were singing "white room" Ill never forget that.
After the edge of town it because Sneakers which later moved down to perrin beitel....ahh the memories

The owner of Panteras Pizza is now in New Braunfels and still in the pizza business

read more
A Conversation With ? Steve Swindell, co-partner of Panhandler's Pizza in New Braunfels - San Antonio Express-News

Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,436,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
If you want a road trip there are 3 Conan's pizza places in Austin, had a few months ago and its still great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio