Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM

31 posts, read 142,316 times

Advertisements

I agree- I have the same odd feeling when I used to go to the mall.
I thought it was just me. Comforting in another odd way to understand another felt the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,776 times
Wink 70 and 80s

Does anyone remeber the show that use to come out late at nite called the PROJECT TERROR (it sound it scary when it would start). The DISCO DUCK off s. zamora..my older brother use to try to dress like john trovalta when he would go there in the 70s. i remember going on a fieled trip when i was in the 5th grade to the BUTTER KRUST BAKERY off of broadway and recieving a pencil, ruler and a slice of bread with butter (yum)..PLAYLAND PARK seeing the rollercoaster was so big and scary atleast for me at the time. Joskes at LAS PALMAS. Skate center south,Mission drive in.Hanging out on Military drive with my older brother on friday and saturday nites and park at the sears parking lot but now there is an H.E.B there. I was just born when hemisfair park was made. And i also remember walking to the corner store and buyning my uncle a pack of CAMELS cigarrettes for .50 cents i was 8 or 9 we were allowed to at the time. WHen they change the drinking age from 18 to 21. If i remember more i will post. And lets not for get CENTURY SOUTH i saw JAWS there.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,695,031 times
I am sad to report another entry into the annals of GBNF in SA.

Luby's North Star Mall will close tomorrow. One of the original tenants of NSM. Lets us bow our heads and remember all the meals we ate there with our families. Luby's was always solid, before the orignal food court and even now after the remodeled second food court.

Luby's at North Star Mall to close its doors forever - San Antonio Express-News

Old 12-29-2011, 02:09 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
I am sad to report another entry into the annals of GBNF in SA.

Luby's North Star Mall will close tomorrow. One of the original tenants of NSM. Lets us bow our heads and remember all the meals we ate there with our families. Luby's was always solid, before the orignal food court and even now after the remodeled second food court.

Luby's at North Star Mall to close its doors forever - San Antonio Express-News
Wow, after 50 years! One would think after all that time, they'd cut them a deal on their lease (it was expected to double, which is why they did not renew it); especially since it's the second busiest Luby's in San Antonio!

What's saddest is that only five out of 54 employees have secured jobs at other Luby's locations. The remaining employees have not been guaranteed jobs elsewhere with the company, despite the fact that some have been with it for over 40 years!

You'd think they'd be a little more proactive in ensuring these individuals would have jobs at other locations!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,614 times
Looks like a bad day for San Antonio favorites. The Lodge in Castle Hills is closing on New Years Eve for good.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:41 PM

44 posts, read 124,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Wow, after 50 years! One would think after all that time, they'd cut them a deal on their lease (it was expected to double, which is why they did not renew it); especially since it's the second busiest Luby's in San Antonio!

What's saddest is that only five out of 54 employees have secured jobs at other Luby's locations. The remaining employees have not been guaranteed jobs elsewhere with the company, despite the fact that some have been with it for over 40 years!

You'd think they'd be a little more proactive in ensuring these individuals would have jobs at other locations!

Cheers! M2
The current owners of Luby's, the Pappas family, (Pappasitos, etc...) are probably not as loyal to these long-time Luby's employees as the original Luby family would have been. Luby's is not near the same restaurant experience as it used to be when the original Luby family still controlled the business.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Looks like a bad day for San Antonio favorites. The Lodge in Castle Hills is closing on New Years Eve for good.
never heard of it...was it good?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM

16 posts, read 51,157 times
This breaks my heart. I haven't eaten there in years because I live out of state but I have thought of it often and have wanted to go back.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,736,157 times
I think in that article about the Lodge, it was said that a lot of the menu items would transfer over to Bin 555.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
tcs

218 posts, read 877,378 times
Yes there was many many a family evening at Luby's NSM with the family including the grandparents. I always enjoyed eating out next to the rail in the mall interior but you seemed to get the short end of the tea cart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio