Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 10,068 times

Advertisements

Wow! All these posts bring back lots and lots of great memories! Even though I did not live in SA but in New Braunfels, we made frequent trips there and my dad was in the Air Force at both Kelly and Randolph. Once he retired, he worked at Fort Sam and still visits BAMC today. Thanks for the memories everyone! By the way, does anyone remember the name of the nighclub back in the mid-80's that is now Cowboys off of 410 and Perrin Beitel? I used to go there every Saturday night then and have a lot of good memories and can't remember the name? Go figure. If anyone knows, please add to the post. Thanks! Oh yeah, I remember the Quarter House for sure! Especially a dude named Paul who looked like Paul Stanley of KISS!!! Ooohhh baby!!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 02:23 PM

19 posts, read 97,370 times
I think you might be thinking of "Changez". The new-wave, type club back in the warehouse area off Braniff?
They played some killer music by bands like Front 242, Nitzer-Ebb, etc. The D.J.'s name was Jesse and was WAY ahead of his time.....I heard a rumor he passed away several years.
I was there at 16-17 years old every weekend!

Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Class of 90. Missed Crazedchef, but I bet your name is familiar......

Old 03-03-2009, 02:39 PM

Did the same thing one morning but got busted with 3 cases of Miller Lite in my truck cab.....it was the day we were getting out for spring break....anniversary almost......anyway, I ended up staying home, grounded, while my friends took off to Port A...They were partying and my butt was pulling weeds and cutting cedar...Now, I work for NISD and they pay me to come to school....Knew I'd get even one day!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM

3 posts, read 19,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexican Cutie View Post
does anyone remember the name of the nighclub back in the mid-80's that is now Cowboys off of 410 and Perrin Beitel? baby!!!!
I believe that Cowboys was originally known as Far West Rodeo.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:46 PM
tcs

218 posts, read 878,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickZ View Post
Do you know where the building in the attached photo is? It was the former home of a Packard dealer.
That was the Main Lincoln Mercury building. Make ready was across the street. This may have been answered before.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,563 times
Default New to thread

I have spent hours reading about the good old days. Mine included working at the Fina station at Jackson Kellar and West Ave. 21 cent gas, quarter milk and bread. Randy's Rodeo and Thurdays at Lubiansky's Place in St. Hedwig dancing to the Abbey. Remember the Honda trails? San Pedro Drive In, fogged up some windows there. Later working at Record Town at Wonderland then Central Park. Anyone remember the Rabbit Habbit? First kiss at the Rollercade. Those were the days!

Old 03-05-2009, 08:46 AM

237 posts, read 852,838 times
Thanks to bigdog for mentioning Lubianski's Dance Hall at St. Hedwig. That was a long time ago but a place hard to forget especially if you were ever there for one of the wild fist fights in the big parking lot out front .... the not so good old days of busted noses and split lips. In the early '70s I lived for a couple years about half way between St. Hedwig and Martinez in an ancient and supposedly haunted old farm house. It was just a bit before a great little BBQ joint named the Curve Inn because it sat just where the road took a gentle drift to the south. "Swerve Into the Curve Inn" read the sign out front and it was a dumpy little place with some of the best dang brisket in Bexar County and some of the frostiest Lone Star longnecks too.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,686,525 times
I'm related to the Lubianski's and my parents met there in the 60s. A true Texas dance hall. I never thought of it as a rowdy place! Of course, I was only a little kid in the 70s.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,524 times
Having worked at Playland Park from 1970 to the day it closed....Labor Day 1980 I can say that at no time was cotton candy sold at Playland Park. The owner did not like it because too many people put the paper cones on the benches and patrons would sometimes sit on the sticky stuff and complain...justifiably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio