Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 03:47 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008 View Post
Wow, that's crazy! What subdivision do you live in? If you don't mind me asking. There was three AT & T trucks out in my Subdivision (Estates, come in thru Military first stop sign to the left) on Saturday, the Men were just hanging out talking never saw them walk up to a house (strange).
well, I would say it's probably just lazy (unionized) labor wasting time and money, but probably something to keep an eye out on, because I live in the Estates...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
This is a good example as to why a VOWC decal on our vehicles would be a great idea. Many Towns / Cities in and around San Antonio (Hollywood Park, Hill Country Village, Olmos Park, Fair Oaks) have them as well as lots of Subdivisions. They have been proven to help keep Riff Raff out of areas where they don't belong.

Besides COPS this would be another "Crime Fighter". This is another suggestion I have made to our BOD / HOA Staff but .........
I like a plaque better. They used them in Pebble Beach when I lived in Monterey and they not only look good, they also won't damage your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
Sorry, still don't see the benefit of such a sticker. It was so dark that it took me three times to get the tag number. This car actually belongs to a house in WC...but from a different village from the one in which I reside.
Nothing wrong with saying something about somebody that looks out of place. If someone did that to me, I would actually thank them for keeping an eye on things. Absolutely nothing wrong with being a little too careful. It is accepting status quo that makes things fall apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
I talked to a BCSO deputy a couple of days ago after calling about a suspicious car in our part of WC. He said about 6-8 people were caught last weekend...he didn't specifically say they were burglarizing WC but sounded like the general area at least.
I think that is actually a good thing, because they are getting caught. It is definitely getting bad out there and one of my coworkers has had to draw a gun on two people in the past couple weeks. He lives in the Marbach/Hunt Ln. area, but still, the riff raff/entitled people are getting out of control and something needs to be done to control the population..

Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I'm pretty sure the electrician that Armadillo used at the time our home was built (2006) is TMS. I'm going to look for the paperwork today. The only "quirky" thing we've experienced with our electric is the circuit that holds all the smoke alarms (ironically). We are having the whole system inspected before we rent it.

The road: I assume you mean Point Canyon... we are down at the opposite end of the infamous sink-hole. The county DOES have control now. In fact, they just made the latest repair, if you can call it that; it just failed again. This was the 5th repair since we have lived here. Wonder what's up with that?
This morning I had to go to a jobsite at FM 1560 near Bandera Road and exited WC from Westcreek Vw onto Talley. The County Folks were doing some paving and I quickly stopped to ask a Fellow about the Roads in your area. I could hear the frustration in his voice. I think the County was given /or accepted poorly constructed roads and without a doubt I know they are doing their best to make them right. Although I don't build roads maybe they are better off starting over. I know as I'm sure you do that BCPW can build great roads that will last.

When you see repairs are they near Sewer Manholes? If so I wonder if SAWS has been contacted to televise the Sewer Mains to check for leaks, collasped lines, etc?

I am baffled by one thing though. I thought that the COSA Devlopmental Services had to inspect the roads since one day they may be within the City Limits. I know for a fact they were out when the area of Centex Homes (that back up against Talley) were being built. If they were supposed to have inspected them they are more than likely the same Inspectors that approved the Retaining Wall in The Hills of Rivermist.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:17 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,936 times
Wellguy, As a matter of fact, the sinkholes are around the sewer manholes. They have fixed this particular one 5 times since we have been here. When we talked to the repairmen last go-around, they told us the problems in the road are all caused by SAWS. The HOA folks told us that SAWS did not pack the dirt around the pipes properly, hense the "sinking". I have seen other sewer manholes marked with orange around WC now and they all have that same appearance of cracking/caving around the manhole. Does nobody come around and inspect that kind of work and "sign" off as the roads are going in?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:48 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,834,811 times
Hey! Isn't that Wellguy's job???

Old 03-12-2010, 09:23 PM

18 posts, read 24,720 times
There was a break-in in Highpoint last week about 1:30 p.m. They broke a hole in the front door and then reached thru to unlock it. HOA was also notified later that afternoon. Just the other day (separate case) a suspicious vehicle was seen, a burgendy truck. A neighbor called the BCSO with a description and license plate number. Later found out the plate was stolen/out of date. But enough info was gathered so that the Deputies could go calling on the alleged perps (young men/boys). They allegedly found 3 rocks by the door with which to break out the glass.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 PM

I posted earlier in the thread that at least 6 homes in Highpoint have been hit in the past few weeks. Folks are reluctant to believe it.
I was told this by a man claiming to live in Highpoint.

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 03-12-2010 at 10:11 PM..

Old 03-13-2010, 05:57 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,936 times
FCF,
Seems like all you do all day is bring gloom and doom. Highpoint has hundreds of homes. All I can do is talk about my area, which is very quiet and folks watch after each other. Nobody in any neighborhood, including you- wherever you live or are moving- are immune to problems. Maybe you can post about your street and the street you are supposedly moving to. We are moving soon so I wish this area the best. I'm hoping between HOW and the new folks coming in to The Reserve, change will begin. A lot of people want to "take back" WC and I believe it will happen. It's a wonderful choice for folks wanting get their kids in the brand new high school.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
FCF,
Seems like all you do all day is bring gloom and doom. Highpoint has hundreds of homes. All I can do is talk about my area, which is very quiet and folks watch after each other. Nobody in any neighborhood, including you- wherever you live or are moving- are immune to problems. Maybe you can post about your street and the street you are supposedly moving to. We are moving soon so I wish this area the best. I'm hoping between HOW and the new folks coming in to The Reserve, change will begin. A lot of people want to "take back" WC and I believe it will happen. It's a wonderful choice for folks wanting get their kids in the brand new high school.
Sorry if it seems to be doom and gloom. I only relayed what I heard from someone, so that someone may benefit from it. You are free to put me on ignore if you don't want to hear the news.
Congrats on joining me and moving, I believe it's for the best. The area is obviously on the decline.
Brand new high school really means little. A quality established high school would be awesome for the area..
Good luck.

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 03-13-2010 at 08:24 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Wellguy, As a matter of fact, the sinkholes are around the sewer manholes. They have fixed this particular one 5 times since we have been here. When we talked to the repairmen last go-around, they told us the problems in the road are all caused by SAWS. The HOA folks told us that SAWS did not pack the dirt around the pipes properly, hense the "sinking". I have seen other sewer manholes marked with orange around WC now and they all have that same appearance of cracking/caving around the manhole. Does nobody come around and inspect that kind of work and "sign" off as the roads are going in?
Good Morning,

If you would please give me the addresses (they like physical ones verses corners / intersections) I will forward the information on later this afternoon. *I have to leave for a jobsite at 9:30.

There is a BIG POSSIBILITY that SAWS has not fully accepted the SEWER or WATER MAINS. You may have found out by now that the Developer put in all the Infrastructure including Streets, Sidewalks, Sewer and Water Mains. There is a warranty period after the jobs are accepted by SAWS. Maybe and just Maybe the repairs are still in the hands of the Developer. I cannot tell you how many times SAWS Contractors blame us for their screwups. It's COUNTLESS

As I stated I wil report the problem areas today if you can get me the addresses. I will relay to you what I found out as far as the responsibility. If by chance you have seen SAWS Crews out before then maybe we are responsible.

Last edited by wellguy; 03-13-2010 at 08:33 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Hey! Isn't that Wellguy's job???
OH NO - I'm strictly Water. I will however follow through any time you all have questions or concerns whether it be Sewer or Water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio