Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2009, 01:00 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,437,013 times

Advertisements

has anyone seen that house with the giant spiders on it in Caracol Heights? It's the fourth or fifth house on the right if you turn in from Potranco. You definitely can't miss it.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:08 PM

36 posts, read 55,552 times
Default A Free Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
My guess would be that it's three minutes per person. As long as the person is prepared before the meeting and uninterrupted during their time slot it would seem to me that is a fairly reasonable amount of time.

If they really are truly trying to stifle debate then that's just adding fuel to the fire of voting them out.
goodmanm, it is 3 minutes per homeowner but 3 minutes is not even enough time, especially if you have 2 issues or more to take up with the BOD. Maybe old business that has been asked for over and over again and you are still trying to get clarification on.
Come on for goodness sakes, this is America and we should be able to speak for a resonable amount of time. We are not some communist country.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 PM

41 posts, read 58,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
The budget is posted on the VWOA web sight...if you are going to wait until the evening of the meeting to review it then you don't have a legitimate gripe. Secondly, the BOD is well within their pervue to limit comments from the floor to 3 minutes. It gives most individauals who wish to address the business at hand an opportunity to do so without dragging out the length of the meeting. The information on the budget has been made available to us...all we have to do is read, synthesize, and condense our comments to 3 minutes or less.
The "proposed" budget is NOT on the website and it is my understanding that it WILL not be on the website. It is on the agenda for the next BOD meeting, but it will not be given out to Homeowners prior to the meeting. You might try to arrange a time to review the budget at the building prior to the meeting, if you want to prepare for your three minutes.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:50 PM

872 posts, read 1,859,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
has anyone seen that house with the giant spiders on it in Caracol Heights? It's the fourth or fifth house on the right if you turn in from Potranco. You definitely can't miss it.
Saw it yesterday. Very good Halloween decor!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:51 PM

41 posts, read 58,368 times
Quote:
The budget is posted on the VWOA web sight...if you are going to wait until the evening of the meeting to review it then you don't have a legitimate gripe. Secondly, the BOD is well within their pervue to limit comments from the floor to 3 minutes. It gives most individauals who wish to address the business at hand an opportunity to do so without dragging out the length of the meeting. The information on the budget has been made available to us...all we have to do is read, synthesize, and condense our comments to 3 minutes or less.

Honestly, the probelm that I have with the 3 minutes is that it is unrealistic. You may have that as your goal, but it is not, nor shouldit be totally enforcable. Yes the BOD is "well within their pervue" to limit the time. But it does add to the extreme dissatisfaction of the HOs with this BOD. They are not transparent or responsive to our "legitimate" complaints. I say sign the petition and get them out. Do not wait until the annual meeting!!

Old 10-07-2009, 03:00 PM

35 posts, read 55,343 times
Quote:

I believe that only the 2009 budget is on the web not the 2010 budget that we are looking for.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:25 PM

186 posts, read 345,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
The "proposed" budget is NOT on the website and it is my understanding that it WILL not be on the website. It is on the agenda for the next BOD meeting, but it will not be given out to Homeowners prior to the meeting. You might try to arrange a time to review the budget at the building prior to the meeting, if you want to prepare for your three minutes.
My BAD.You are absolutely correct on all counts.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM

19 posts, read 41,686 times
Smile Up Coming WestcreeK Event

Oct 17, 2009 from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM is the Health & Safety Fair at the Community Center. The cost of admission is a non perishable food item for the San Antonio Food Bank. Walgreens is providing a flu shot clinic. This will cost $25.00 or it is free if you are covered by Medicare, Medicaid or insurance. The Blood mobile from the South Texas Blood and Tissue Center will also be here. There is a sign up sheet in the front lobby of the Community Center. I need as many people as possible to sign up before the blood mobile arrives. Air Life Helicopter is schedulded to land in the Sport Park that morning. I also have several different alarm companies lined up to show off their equipment. The COP volunteers will be here looking for volunteers. We will also have a variety of other community groups here for you to talk with and meet.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyo View Post
I believe that only the 2009 budget is on the web not the 2010 budget that we are looking for.
The 2010 budget has not been provided to the front desk at the office. Can't get it that way...

Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM

Default Couch dumped

This couch has been dumped on the opposite side of the bridge as the limbs and boards (photos posted earlier today). Again, this is the bridge by the sports park.
Attached Thumbnails
Villages of Westcreek-couchdump.jpg   Villages of Westcreek-couchdump2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio