Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 09:15 AM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,182 times

Advertisements

Can anyone who attended the meeting yesterday at the Sports Park give us information on what was talked about? Are there any plans for future meetings. *I know all of the concerns were /are valid.

Has anyone heard anything about the Town Hall Style Meetings that the new BOD President brought up at our last Annual Meeting? I called the HOA Office and they did not know anything.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 AM

872 posts, read 1,857,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
The meeting is still on for tomorrow, 9am. Purpose of the meeting is for homeowners to discuss how we can exercise our rights for the betterment of the community.

It's not going to be a rant session but an informative meeting on how things can be improved.
Where has this been advertised? Might hurt the turnout if people don't know about it.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I hope this doesn't equate to spending more on personnel costs as the HOA is spending up to $450,000 a year now. In this respect, sometimes I get our HOA confused with the current US Administration.
$450,000??? Then why did the dues go up and result in about $800,000 of income just from the dues? Where is all the other money going?

Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,833,491 times
I don't think there was a meeting..or it was very poorly attended, one or the other. I drove by at 9:10 AM and didn't see anyone.

As I said before, I more than keep my property up, pay my fees and don't complain, but I won't be attending any meetings either.

Last edited by firstclassflyer; 06-21-2009 at 11:24 AM..

Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,416,853 times

Old 06-21-2009, 12:04 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,679,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
$450,000??? Then why did the dues go up and result in about $800,000 of income just from the dues? Where is all the other money going?
To meet the almost $1.2 million in expenses.

http://villagesofwestcreek.com/Docum...009expense.pdf

Old 06-21-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
To meet the almost $1.2 million in expenses.

http://villagesofwestcreek.com/Docum...009expense.pdf
Way too much money to produce what is done!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,182 times
wc2005 / Steel Man

Everytime I look at that budget I cringe.

$8,000 for Travel Expenses? -Where the h.. are they going?
$3500.00 Education Expenses? What the h... are they learning?

$4700.00 Street Sweeping- I was told this is for the Street Sweeping along Military and Westcreek Oaks. BCPW does this several times a year with our tax dollars.
*If the Company that we pay $60,000.00 to care for our landscape didnt blow the clippings into the street this would not be needed. Funny, I can't blow my clipppings into the street (I would not anyway)

$16,500.00 For Water and Sewer? As I stated awhile back Judy Monger asked me to locate 25 plus water meters. She admitted we were paying for water and they didn't know where it was being used. I wonder how long that went on. I can't tell you how many times i saw leaks at several on the monuments. I reported them to the HOA Staff several , no many times and nothing was ever done. I finally called it in a water wasting.

All that money spent, alot is for crap that we don't need and they can't even make a donation to GVVFD.

Can anyone tell me what we pay the Maintenace Crew for? I honestly can't see what they do.? Do you see all the weeds in the monuments, do you see all the weeds in the rocks along the road that leads to Highpoint.? Do you see the condition of the common fences? Maybe I shouldn't worry about that since they are going to be replaced AGAIN. I had to B..... several times before they started cleaning up the monument landscaping.

I assure you all that I have questionwed many expenses and I'm always told that I need to approach the BOD. They are the ones that approved the budget.

Talk about a Sc.... J.... If I saw something for our money I wouldn't complain.

I'm certain someone out there will tell me that I need to volunteer for some committee or be the Easter Bunny again and stop complaining. To that individual(s) what will that do?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,833,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
wc2005 / Steel Man

Everytime I look at that budget I cringe.

$8,000 for Travel Expenses? -Where the h.. are they going?
$3500.00 Education Expenses? What the h... are they learning?

$4700.00 Street Sweeping- I was told this is for the Street Sweeping along Military and Westcreek Oaks. BCPW does this several times a year with our tax dollars.
*If the Company that we pay $60,000.00 to care for our landscape didnt blow the clippings into the street this would not be needed. Funny, I can't blow my clipppings into the street (I would not anyway)

$16,500.00 For Water and Sewer? As I stated awhile back Judy Monger asked me to locate 25 plus water meters. She admitted we were paying for water and they didn't know where it was being used. I wonder how long that went on. I can't tell you how many times i saw leaks at several on the monuments. I reported them to the HOA Staff several , no many times and nothing was ever done. I finally called it in a water wasting.

All that money spent, alot is for crap that we don't need and they can't even make a donation to GVVFD.

Can anyone tell me what we pay the Maintenace Crew for? I honestly can't see what they do.? Do you see all the weeds in the monuments, do you see all the weeds in the rocks along the road that leads to Highpoint.? Do you see the condition of the common fences? Maybe I shouldn't worry about that since they are going to be replaced AGAIN. I had to B..... several times before they started cleaning up the monument landscaping.

I assure you all that I have questionwed many expenses and I'm always told that I need to approach the BOD. They are the ones that approved the budget.

Talk about a Sc.... J.... If I saw something for our money I wouldn't complain.

I'm certain someone out there will tell me that I need to volunteer for some committee or be the Easter Bunny again and stop complaining. To that individual(s) what will that do?
Were you the Easter Bunny that goosed me 2 years ago in the clubhouse...or was that the Santa..I forget.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:04 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,562,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Were you the Easter Bunny that goosed me 2 years ago in the clubhouse...or was that the Santa..I forget.
No, that was me. Remember ~ Santa's "helper"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio