Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 AM

872 posts, read 1,858,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
CH1960 -iI 'm sorry to hear about your son's car. How due you feel about the question /commentt I raised a while back about window decals identifying VOWC Residents Vehicles?
I don't see any benefit of VOWC stickers. The roads are all open to the public and there is no way to force residents to have the stickers on their cars.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:52 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,426,006 times
I would settle for parents actually knowing where their little hood rats and hoochies are at night.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:44 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,846,782 times
As you all know the window sticker suggestion was a means of helping residents identify those vehilecs that are a part of VOWC. It is no way prevents others from driving on any streets. Decals /Winmdow Stickers are widely used in subdivisions in San Antonio. The town of Hill Country Village issues them out to residents.

They are a proven deterrent .

Several years ago my sister who lives in a $1.8 million home in Central California was robbed at gun point when two men forced their way into her locked home. She lives in a subdivision where the homes range from the high 900's to approx. $3 million. It is one of many subdivisions in the area that is not gated. Anyway a couple of weeks later a neighbor two -three homes down told my sister and brother in law that she saw the two SOB's driving throughout the neighborhood. She assumed everything was OK with them because the were driving a new car, were clean cut, and "waved" to her several times while she was out in her front yard gardening.

There were several changes made by the HOA after the incident. One was to ask, not require, residents to have a decal /sticker put on their cars which identified them as residents. All of the residents now have their cars with a sticker on them and it has made everyone more aware of cars that don't belong in the area. Suspicious cars are quickly reported to the local Police Department. Since the Police Department is awareof the stickers they have no problem pulling over suspicious vehicles. Sure there are relatives, guests , potential homebuyers, and delivery trucks /vans that drive into the area.

* Concerning salespersons walking door to door I have seen at the entrances to several San Antonio Area subdivisions under signs like ours that state that this Community is Deed Restricted .... NO SOLICITATION .I know some of those folks and they tell me that although it doesn't completely stop them their presence is very low.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 AM

Default Rain

We need some rain! Maybe the HOA can use some of that $1.1 million dollar budget and buy us a rain cloud. Of course, you'd have to be a member in good standing to be able to use it.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,683,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc2005 View Post
We need some rain! Maybe the HOA can use some of that $1.1 million dollar budget and buy us a rain cloud. Of course, you'd have to be a member in good standing to be able to use it.
Actually, you would have to be in good standing to receive the rain.

I must say that the HOA has been more understanding during this drought. I remember the last one they came down hard on one person who didn't water his lawn enough (it was in the newspaper).

Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 PM

Good Evening-

I have seen several yards where it appears people have given up on watering. I sincerely feel bad for them since the yard may / will have to be re-sodded. I'm sure sod will increase in cost due to the higher demand.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I have a several comments about the "common fences". Our home does not back up to a major street so writing this is is not meant to talk bad about those that do. Afterall we all have a stake in them.
Like you all I see the fences everyday, well maybe 6 days a week. My wife walks on a daily basis and her thoughts have made me more aware of their condition. The fences look terrlble and it is obvious that there is no maintenance. (broken, rotted, loose boards) The quality was never there. When I see something that has been done here in the community with HOA money I tend to ask myself, "If the work was done at our home would I have accepted the job?" in the case of the fences no I would not have.
Now this is where I may upset some of you but again it's not my intention. There are homeowners that have trees, bushes, vines, etc that are aiding in the destuction of the fences. I love trees as much as the next person but some residents have puposely planted to close to the fence. I know their intentions were good such as providing shade, privacy, and to help cut down on traffic noise. Trees and bushes are pushing, laying against the fences, and vines have been allowed to grow through the pickets. The existing trees (before the fences were built and the lots developed), which all apear to be Live Oaks and you can tell which ones are not to blame. I know some of you did not do the planting.
The HOA Staff and BOD certainally saw all of this years ago when the planting took place. I don't know why there was nothing said. As you know there is a noted distance when it comes to planting trees in the front yard. We that have storage sheds/ buildings had to have them set back. I know the purpose of this is due to the utility easements in both the front and backyards.
There are a couple of folks along Westcreek Oaks (which I mainly travel) who have large rocks pushed up against the fences which have wrecked the fence.

I wonder how the HOA will approach this problem so it doesn't continue with the new fence?.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:18 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,683,279 times
I hope when they get around to fixing the fences, that they take off the boards that are used to cover the top of the fence. When they start to warp, they look bad.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 AM

Good Morning -

I just finished my hand watering. What a pain!

Steel Man -You are right about replacing those boards. I don't know what it is about the quality. Workmanship or Materials. I just hope that this time the fences come out better.
I also don't know why the HOA just doesn't complete the entire job all at once. If everything is done it patches it will certainally look bad.

I have given up on The VOWC Fence Committee. No replies at all.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:39 AM

71 posts, read 110,036 times
Hi-
On my way out of my sub-division i saw a black police car zooming towards the park, does anyone know what happened, this was around 7am?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Actually, you would have to be in good standing to receive the rain.

I must say that the HOA has been more understanding during this drought. I remember the last one they came down hard on one person who didn't water his lawn enough (it was in the newspaper).
I know of at least two people on my street that have been written up by the HOA for not watering in the past couple of weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio