Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2010, 07:31 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,823,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
I know this is a long shot but here goes...

I realize there is no shortage of stray dogs in SA, however it is very rare to see one running loose in the Villages. Today we got an unexpected visitor, a small male dog. He does not appear to be a typical stray, he is friendly, relatively clean and not too skinny. I hoping he is just a family pet that accidentally escaped his home. I walked up and down my street and around the corner hoping to see an open gate or garage. I left my garage open and waited to see if he would go home or hang around. Needless to stay the dog stayed in my yard for over 2hrs before I coaxed him into my garage for the night. I am posting a picture here in hopes someone might know this dog or his owner. He will be a free spirit again tomorrow, hopefully someone will claim him soon.

Attachment 58332
Thank you for doing that. I would also encourage you to take him and see if he's microchipped if you still have him.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:15 PM

872 posts, read 1,858,189 times
I finally got a reply from the Mayor's office. They are forwarding the complaint about the "flea market" to code compliance. No response at all from the two city councilmen that were included on the same email.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:05 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,829,131 times
Quote:

I realize there is no shortage of stray dogs in SA, however it is very rare to see one running loose in the Villages. Today we got an unexpected visitor, a small male dog. He does not appear to be a typical stray, he is friendly, relatively clean and not too skinny. I hoping he is just a family pet that accidentally escaped his home. I walked up and down my street and around the corner hoping to see an open gate or garage. I left my garage open and waited to see if he would go home or hang around. Needless to stay the dog stayed in my yard for over 2hrs before I coaxed him into my garage for the night. I am posting a picture here in hopes someone might know this dog or his owner. He will be a free spirit again tomorrow, hopefully someone will claim him soon.

Attachment 58332
Thanks for taking in this poor guy. Good luck with finding the owners. I echo what was posted earlier and taking him to see if he's chipped.

Stayed in your yard for 2 hours and wouldn't leave huh? I feel your pain. That's how we ended up with our latest dog who was a stray roaming our neighborhood for about a week before she camped on my doorstep for a day. She's been a great addition to our family too. She keeps our chocolate lab in line and loves playing with the cats.
Attached Thumbnails
Villages of Westcreek-molly.jpg  

Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,430,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
Thanks for taking in this poor guy. Good luck with finding the owners. I echo what was posted earlier and taking him to see if he's chipped.

Stayed in your yard for 2 hours and wouldn't leave huh? I feel your pain. That's how we ended up with our latest dog who was a stray roaming our neighborhood for about a week before she camped on my doorstep for a day. She's been a great addition to our family too. She keeps our chocolate lab in line and loves playing with the cats.

Aww!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:32 PM

56 posts, read 75,242 times
Got an interesting email this weekend and Lordy, Lordy it looks like the Board of Directors has some explaining to do about a $130,000 shortfall in the budget. I'm glad to see them cutback on programs and services for the us homeowers to protect the salaries of their paid staff. Looks like us homeowners are getting it stuck to us again. This is complete incompetence on the part of those who were handling the books and the Board of Directors. Hey Wellguy, give up on the electronic signs, it ain't gonna happen now. If we want to advertise things in the community we need to put the BOD and Staff in clown suites out on the highway just like these tax companies do for their marketing program. Who knows maybe us homeowners will be dumb enough to vote these clowns back in. Thank God they got a new Treasurer who uncovered this.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,845,722 times
Hopefully Mr. Drummonds will sift through all of their BS and find the answers we need.

Whoever expects to be re-elected better hold on to the waistband of their underwear. They are going to be voted out so fast they'll think they are in Kansas Tornado.

I know of a couple of Costume Rental Places and I'll put the order in for the Clown Suits, maybe a Donkey Suit or two, first thing Monday morning.

Last edited by wellguy; 02-21-2010 at 08:41 PM..

Old 02-22-2010, 05:52 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,936 times
How can there be short-falls when they raised our HOA dues AND there is still new construction going up (which means new homeowners)? We can't even get our fences presentable! I am sick and tired of how this organization is being run and I hope people will turn out to vote. Aren't we one of the largest HOAs in San Antonio? We could be so much more! The "look and vibe" of WC should be better than it is.
I wanted to ask someone who has lived here longer than me: There is a house in the The Pointe that backs up to Military... it looks like a shanty/shack. The other houses have brick; this one doesn't, plus, they have been allowed to build a lean-to type of addition. How was that allowed? Why didn't anyone fight it? There seems to be no consistency to the appearance of the homes in WC, yet we have all of these "rules" to adhere to.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 AM

56 posts, read 75,242 times
WellGuy, might want to check if they got something in "stripes". Think some of the BOD would look real good in them!

In my humble opinion, they should look at a long term solution to the fence issue. I have heard rumors that they have been spending money from the reserves for other things. Anybody know anything about this. Hopefully, everybody will learn what is going on so they can vote the b____s out in April.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,936 times
Driving down Point Canyon on my way to town, I noticed horrendous display of graffiti on a HOME at 12618. It's a complete picture of the male anatomy in graphic detail on the home's foundation wall. On the way home, I see they have covered it with a blanket. This family just moved in, too, what a welcome to the neighborhood. What is going on WC???????

Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 AM

41 posts, read 58,321 times
Quote:

Attachment 58332
There was a sign last week on several mailboxes in the Woods concerning a lost blue tick heeler. But someone has ripped them all down. I would call the Ass. and see if they have had the owner call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio