Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 01:09 PM

8,029 posts, read 4,761,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Rhode Island has a big problem with lack of law enforcement. So many things that are ticketed in other states seem to get a pass here. It's discouraging. And getting worse due to current public anti-police sentiment. I'd love to see more police especially if they actually do their jobs!!
Whether it's litter, graffiti or noise, quality of life violations get the short shrift in Providence & Rhode Island in general. It's not that Rhode Island lacks appropriate laws & ordinances. It's the will to enforce them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 01:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
Thanks for the tip, but I’d rather be specific in my analysis instead of speaking in polite euphemisms. I believe many of the messages promoted in rap have a far more detrimental influence on neighborhoods and ultimately societies. I have no problem pushing back.

Just as I regularly criticized White evangelicals while I lived in Texas, I am ok with targeting loud Black rap. I’d much rather be called a racist in 2021, where the word has been profoundly diluted by liberals, than be called someone who cowardly avoids the truth.
Yeah, you lost any credibility you might have wanted.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:15 PM

19,032 posts, read 14,315,768 times
If they have the "right" to pollute the airways, you have the "right" to pollute his noseways.
Toss a few skunk essence "bombs" at the miscreants.

Everyone will know they're "stinkers".

Old 07-06-2021, 01:30 PM

6,402 posts, read 4,893,154 times
Perhaps you are being intentionally targeted and punished for being white?

Are these perpetrators a regular fixture in Newport?

Their actions say: "Look at me!!! Look at me!!!"

Old 07-06-2021, 01:39 PM

305 posts, read 217,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, you lost any credibility you might have wanted.
I have plenty of credibility with honest Americans.

Your input in this thread is no longer productive or necessary.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:

Your thread isn't productive or necessary, and yet you still posted.

Go to the city and complain about "black rap" if you want things to change. If you're a resident there, you have that right.

In my neighborhood most of the loud music blasted from cars is Latin American. I suspect WAY less than 9 out of 10 is rap where you are, you just notice it more because you have disdain for it.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:04 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,422,142 times
Quote:

You need to understand the "culture" of this forum. I've never seen a forum anywhere, where this level of bickering goes on. You could talk about 2 beautiful clouds in the sky and someone will be jumping in to argue with you about it. I'm a reader a lot more than a poster, but I've been around for a while and pretty observant to boot.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:55 PM

23,925 posts, read 19,119,711 times
It's important to note, that this poster resides in the ritzy Wayland Square neighborhood. The most "loud Latin American" music he probably hears down there on a regular basis, is Selena Gomez cranking out the earbuds of white female middle-aged joggers.

Quote:
Your thread isn't productive or necessary, and yet you still posted.

Go to the city and complain about "black rap" if you want things to change. If you're a resident there, you have that right.

In my neighborhood most of the loud music blasted from cars is Latin American. I suspect WAY less than 9 out of 10 is rap where you are, you just notice it more because you have disdain for it.

Last edited by massnative71; 07-06-2021 at 06:53 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
You need to understand the "culture" of this forum. I've never seen a forum anywhere, where this level of bickering goes on. You could talk about 2 beautiful clouds in the sky and someone will be jumping in to argue with you about it. I'm a reader a lot more than a poster, but I've been around for a while and pretty observant to boot.

Yeah, its almost from out of state muckrackers looking to cause trouble.

One could have made a reasonable gripe post (blasting music, which most people dislike), but troublemakers HAVE to insert race and a specific type of music primarily produced and consumed by a race to target. Something that deserves being called out.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:01 PM

305 posts, read 217,578 times
Quote:
Yeah, its almost from out of state muckrackers looking to cause trouble.

One could have made a reasonable gripe post (blasting music, which most people dislike), but troublemakers HAVE to insert race and a specific type of music primarily produced and consumed by a race to target. Something that deserves being called out.
But the original post was explicitly not about just any blasted music, but a particularly grating music in particular known as "rap." It's right there in the subject heading. If someone had written the same about Kid Rock's music, I'm just sure you'd be duly horrified at the racist aggression towards backwater white trash. You'd surely feel that poster would similarly "deserve being called out" for that unconscionable human sin of pattern recognition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island