Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 06:43 AM

3,853 posts, read 2,719,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I never had issue with the comfort or amenities. It's minor league folks! While McCoy's attendance is at or near the top for AAA, I'm not aware of them ever selling out. That to me says the capacity is fine in its current state. Give it a fresh coat of paint and call it a night.
Agree. It is a fine facility for AAA baseball.

A google search shows McCoy's capacity is 10,031, expanding to roughly 11,800 adding in berm, SRO, & bleachers.

The "Ballpark at Slater Mill" is proposed to have 9,000 - 10,000 seats, so that looks to be a decreased capacity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 06:45 AM

3,853 posts, read 2,719,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 24 View Post
so you think we should throw out the Providence Bruins and close The Dunk?
It's built. I think it's an underutilized facility but at least it is not a single purpose facility.

But it was too expensive to build for too little return.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:05 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,579,826 times
Quote:
I never had issue with the comfort or amenities. It's minor league folks! While McCoy's attendance is at or near the top for AAA, I'm not aware of them ever selling out. That to me says the capacity is fine in its current state. Give it a fresh coat of paint and call it a night.

That is not an option when team management wants a new stadium and another city is offering to build it.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:13 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
Quote:

Fenway is what was being discussed there, and yes, the lack of comfort and amenities does hurt Fenway. It's so very small though, and the team has been so good recently, that it can overcome that for now, but that's a temporary thing.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:16 AM

23,724 posts, read 18,816,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
That is not an option when team management wants a new stadium and another city is offering to build it.

But I think we can all agree that it's an unfortunate situation for both the fans and taxpayers of whatever city/state is in the equation. The only winners are management.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
But I think we can all agree that it's an unfortunate situation for both the fans and taxpayers of whatever city/state is in the equation. The only winners are management.

You are absolutely correct on that. It's one of the biggest unfortunate impacts of living in a society where money is revered and corporations control society.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You are absolutely correct on that. It's one of the biggest unfortunate impacts of living in a society where money is revered and corporations control society.

It's too bad neighboring cities and states can't reach some sort of "gentleman's agreement" to not steal each other's teams by robbing their own taxpayers.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
It's too bad neighboring cities and states can't reach some sort of "gentleman's agreement" to not steal each other's teams by robbing their own taxpayers.

I agree with this. In fact, it would be great if states would agree to this with all businesses and instead try to compete for businesses based on the demographics of their workforce, the quality of life in the area, and other such factors.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:30 AM

48 posts, read 23,178 times
Give me a break fellas. Other states play by the same rules and do just fine. There are winners and losers. Some states have the right people pulling the strings and their citizens benefit from it. Other states have hacks pulling the strings and their citizens suffer from it. Who do you think Rhode Island has had for the last few decades at least lol?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin247 View Post
Who do you think Rhode Island has had for the last few decades at least lol?

Or Mass. for that matter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island