Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 11:15 AM

4,635 posts, read 12,364,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Drove thru Fallon, stayed in Carson City and then onto Reno. Only place we even consider would be Reno, but it's so, so big and growing. Freeway work going on and more and more houses/apartments going up. Now have thoughts about Prescott, AZ.

Going to sign another Lease here, but only for 10 months. We've already got an e-mail about a Lease Renewal. We just don't have enough time to get the rest of our stuff ready to move, let alone knowing where we are going to move to.

Need more time to sell our boat/trailer or have to have it transported to where ever we move to. Seems to be a lot of "scammers" interested in boats here.
Sparks and Reno is really just one metro. Had you taken Pyramid Hwy North you'd have gone over a small hill to a sprawling valley of growth. Some consider parts of Sparks to be nicer than Reno. Honestly, it may be a bit cheaper to stay where you are and hid inside during the warm months and enjoy the Winter down there. We're going to Tucson in February and Mesquite in April. Allows us to get away from the cold here for a bit. 395 is being worked on North of 80 but should be done soon. Daughter just called that she's stuck behind a parade of cattle heading to the Rodeo grounds made me think of you.

Old Today, 11:17 AM

9,066 posts, read 20,499,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Reno has doubled in size since I moved here 27 years ago. Yes they are building like crazy and the freeway work seems endless. I rarely get on the freeway since I can get most places within 10-20 minutes where I go. My brother lives in Prescott and I think they get more snow than us and are more expensive but both items are easily checked online. I am surprised that you didn’t prefer Fallon or Carson. It’s a good idea to stay put until you are sure. I wish you all the best in finding your new home).
As far as Carson City goes, it was just too small for us and not nearly enough nice apartment complexes like we are in now. We looked at a few and said "no way". Fallon was just too small for us as well. Reno is the only area that thrives on apartment complexes and we haven't completely said "no" to Reno yet, but..........

Two online websites of yearly average snowfall: Reno=20 inches and Prescott=13 inches. And, in Loveland, CO (where we use to live before moving to Henderson) 41 inches.

We are headed into the hottest month of the year, July. Forecast is already calling for 112 degrees next week which is the last week of June.

Actually, come to think about it now, other than any Tropical Storm or Hurricane that might hit Jacksonville, Florida, the weather there was pretty nice. There were days, during the summer, when it was hot, but not like here. Jacksonville got some pretty impressive t-storms, but it turned out that any rodeo action was too far away and Hurricane Irma went right over us. Irma created a mess where we lived and had our boat stored by the St. John's River. With less than 10% humidity here, it's pretty miserable for us.

Old Today, 02:09 PM

7,464 posts, read 4,803,137 times
I have never looked up the Reno stats for snow and am surprised you said it’s 20”. In the valley where I live the snow usually melts by noon. It will stay on the ground in the north valleys because the elevation is higher. After I lived here a few winters I gave away my boots. In 27 years we have had 5 real winters.

Old Today, 02:24 PM

48,720 posts, read 35,274,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I have never looked up the Reno stats for snow and am surprised you said it’s 20”. In the valley where I live the snow usually melts by noon. It will stay on the ground in the north valleys because the elevation is higher. After I lived here a few winters I gave away my boots. In 27 years we have had 5 real winters.
It's annual. If your area is like ours (excluding last year ), it's gone by noon. Even *I* drive in it, and it's my first time driving in "snow".
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old Today, 02:24 PM

26,342 posts, read 49,351,011 times
Default End of Thread

Since Reno is 'out' and the focus shifted to Prescott, AZ, I need to close this thread and move the Prescott discussion to the Prescott sub-forum in the Arizona forum.

Thanks to all who've participated.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area