Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2024, 08:22 PM

8,432 posts, read 7,744,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_MD View Post
I don't like humidity either and my skin definitely looked plumper and less dry in Florida. Had to up my skin care and vitamin / supplement routine since living in Nevada and Wyoming so all good. Wouldn't trade this dry air for anything!
I've heard that vitamin e supplements are good for dry skin and hair. Might work for nails too.

Old 06-05-2024, 08:28 PM

48,720 posts, read 35,274,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
My nails have gotten more brittle as I've gotten older (plus, I live east of San Diego, where there also isn't much humidity). My daughter gave me a cream called Hard as Hoof and it really helps! It's available on Amazon for around $8 a jar.
It has great reviews! I've been using it for a year. Also, an oil that has great reviews. Also, a 40% urea cream. Also, Amlactin lotion. Plus I lotion my hands an additional 3 times a day minimum.

I still shattered a stub of a nail today... doing essentially nothing.

It's redonkulous.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-05-2024, 11:16 PM

5,609 posts, read 5,130,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
I've heard that vitamin e supplements are good for dry skin and hair. Might work for nails too.
Collagen Peptides helps the nails and hair.

Old 06-06-2024, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It has great reviews! I've been using it for a year. Also, an oil that has great reviews. Also, a 40% urea cream. Also, Amlactin lotion. Plus I lotion my hands an additional 3 times a day minimum.

I still shattered a stub of a nail today... doing essentially nothing.

It's redonkulous.
Wow! That's crazy!

Old 06-06-2024, 09:02 AM

8,351 posts, read 4,188,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
The dryness is a real challenge in Nevada. My fingers crack year round. Whenever I go somewhere more humid my skin is much better. However, I really hate humidity.
Ditto.

Old 06-06-2024, 09:04 AM

8,351 posts, read 4,188,424 times
Quote:

What I CAN'T seem to fix is how brittle my nails are now. If I give them a dirty look they crack.
That can sometimes be a symptom of kidney disease. I'm now using a topical fingernail hardener.

Old 06-06-2024, 09:10 AM

48,720 posts, read 35,274,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
That can sometimes be a symptom of kidney disease. I'm now using a topical fingernail hardener.
I will keep that in mind. I've just developed some weird vascular problems.... so we'll see where that takes us.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-06-2024, 10:52 AM

9,068 posts, read 20,499,587 times
I will end this, for now, with this: Everyone is different when it comes to complaining or not. Actually C-D Forum and other forums and Groups have many complainers as well as "positive minded" people. The old saying goes, "Don't try to change me and I won't try to change you.". My wife and I know how we are, whether we complain a lot, which has happened, or not much, which has also happened (but not so much on here).

Everyone wants to be around "positive" people, but sometimes, that just isn't possible. In a different forum, I done a thread called What Do You Not Like About Where You Live. I got a lot of replies/complaints about different cities/towns/areas around America. There are complainers that simply can't move, but definitely don't like where they are living.

There are those that live here that will say, "we don't have to worry about tornado's, hurricanes, fierce t-storms or blizzards, so, yes, we all live in Utopia here. A person can't find any better weather than we have here!" As far as weather goes, I definitely don't think of 111 degrees as "Utopia", but the entire population here does.

Anyway, will do, if I can remember to, a follow-up of this thread when we return.

Old 06-06-2024, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I will keep that in mind. I've just developed some weird vascular problems.... so we'll see where that takes us.
Not to worry you, but my kidney disease was discovered as a result of "some weird vascular problems." Apparently, they are often related to each other (although it seems like a bit of a chicken and egg situation as to which comes first).

In any case, just to be safe, it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor to double check your kidney function if she/he doesn't do so automatically as part of your regular work up.

Last edited by RosieSD; 06-06-2024 at 11:53 AM..

Old 06-06-2024, 11:57 AM

7,464 posts, read 4,803,137 times
I’m interested in what your experience and impressions will be of both Reno and Carson City. Have a safe and fun trip! If you like down home good cooking try the Gold and Silver restaurant that’s near downtown. It’s never been remodeled so funky inside but the food is excellent and the portions huge. For instance when I get the turkey dinner it’s 3 meals for me so you have leftovers or can split a dinner. It’s definitely not healthy food but so very good).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area