Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 07:59 AM

278 posts, read 289,870 times

Advertisements

It truly cleared up your keratosis? Completely?

Old 06-13-2024, 11:10 AM

22,485 posts, read 29,697,752 times
Love how this got off topic lol.

Wondering if OP is melting

Old 06-13-2024, 06:17 PM

798 posts, read 868,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMoveInFuture View Post
It truly cleared up your keratosis? Completely?
Yes!
If it’s just beginning jojoba will do it alone. If it’s more advanced because I didn’t notice it for some reason then Doterra Immortelle with the jojoba clears it after repeated applications.

I get keratosis quickly from intense sun, so I slather jojoba on eyes and lips and nose tip every day now and occasionally all over face and neck instead of lotion.

A coworker told me jojoba can fade or shrink some moles as well.

Remember, organic cold-pressed.

Also, don’t use chemical sunscreen. Find some kids zinc or mineral type stuff. I use the ugly white stuff on face cause it doesn’t sweat into eyes. There are thinner versions for kids for your arms etc.

And broad-brimmed hats with sunglasses while we are at it. A cowboy hat could work

Last edited by ChrisMT; 06-13-2024 at 06:28 PM..

Old 06-13-2024, 06:24 PM

798 posts, read 868,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Love how this got off topic lol.

Wondering if OP is melting
It is relevant in that the UV and sun in Nevada is intense lol.

Old 06-16-2024, 04:13 PM

278 posts, read 289,870 times
Cool, thanks so much. I never heard that. I have a couple small keratosis on my body. They haven't grown much, thankfully. I scrub them with a washcloth when in the shower and put lotion on them but I'll have to look at that specific jojoba oil. I do have a lot of moles too so that'd be nice. Wonder if it'll help with skint tags. Ahhh aging. Lol

No, I don't use chemical sunscreen either.

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM

7,464 posts, read 4,803,137 times
So what’s the verdict on northern Nevada and which city did you prefer?

Old Today, 09:57 AM

9,070 posts, read 20,499,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
So what’s the verdict on northern Nevada and which city did you prefer?
Drove thru Fallon, stayed in Carson City and then onto Reno. Only place we even consider would be Reno, but it's so, so big and growing. Freeway work going on and more and more houses/apartments going up. Now have thoughts about Prescott, AZ.

Going to sign another Lease here, but only for 10 months. We've already got an e-mail about a Lease Renewal. We just don't have enough time to get the rest of our stuff ready to move, let alone knowing where we are going to move to.

Need more time to sell our boat/trailer or have to have it transported to where ever we move to. Seems to be a lot of "scammers" interested in boats here.

Old Today, 10:03 AM

1,342 posts, read 612,499 times
Just curious: How many times have you moved in the last several years and to where? I do recall when it all started here with Loves Boating - there might have been another incarnation before that. Just curious and also what could your license plates say that would possibly indicate that Sparks wasn't a good move for you?

Old Today, 10:07 AM

7,464 posts, read 4,803,137 times
Reno has doubled in size since I moved here 27 years ago. Yes they are building like crazy and the freeway work seems endless. I rarely get on the freeway since I can get most places within 10-20 minutes where I go. My brother lives in Prescott and I think they get more snow than us and are more expensive but both items are easily checked online. I am surprised that you didn’t prefer Fallon or Carson. It’s a good idea to stay put until you are sure. I wish you all the best in finding your new home).

Old Today, 10:58 AM

9,070 posts, read 20,499,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
Just curious: How many times have you moved in the last several years and to where? I do recall when it all started here with Loves Boating - there might have been another incarnation before that. Just curious and also what could your license plates say that would possibly indicate that Sparks wasn't a good move for you?
We have moved 5 times in 24 years. Then again, that is entirely up to us how many times we've moved.

We didn't visit Sparks. Both, didn't have enough time and didn't consider Sparks for relocation. The entire northern area of Reno is growing like a weeds in a garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area